Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2002, 06:28 PM   #1
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Back to to topic. Why did you choose that user name?
Old 04-16-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Why did who choose that user name?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-16-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
azalea
Long lost mooter

Off topic again -- we have Smarties in the States, but they are small circle candies that are like Sweet Tarts and come in a roll. We always used to pretend they were Power Pellets that would turn us into our Superhero identity. (I was always Anything Girl).

BTW, I almost don't want to ask but what is Marmite?
Old 04-16-2002, 07:24 PM   #4
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I have no idea. Why does every one talk about Smarties?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-16-2002, 07:27 PM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Marmite is a scrummy, yummy yeast spread, best had on slightly, but not too badly burnt toast, with lots of butter.

It's a New Zealand thing.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Origins of User names... anybody??
Old 04-16-2002, 07:29 PM   #6
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I don't think its gunna work now. we're having to much fun. Maybe when someone new comes.