Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2000, 02:39 PM   #1
Shanamir Duntak

Religon/Christinanity

Ok, listen to me carefully everybody. I did start the thread but this and this post will be my only taking in that debate. I know there will be lots of posts in that thread and I don't want, nor do I have the time, to read all those long messages you'll post.

So here's my opinion, sorry for those I may offense or sadden. (Gil and Gwaihir mostly)

I am not an Atheist. I believe in a/the mighty creator (I won't call it God for I don't believe in the God christianity depicts).

What I believe in:

- reincarnations and past life. Mostly like buddhists but without the karma. I believe we have lots of things to do and feel and that we come back to experience new things in each life. Once we experimented everything there is to be, we can get out of the circle and become god-like entities.

- The moral values christianity teaches us. I believe everyone should live by those life principles.

What I don't believe in:

- Jesus. I believe he existed. I just don't believe is any kind of "savior" I believe he was a good man, a very good man and perhaps the best personn to have lived on earth. I believe he already had lots of lives behind him and that he was greatly evoluated. But that's all.

- Maria. Don't get me on this. Virgin!? Let me laugh. Did you know what they did back there with unmarried women bearing children? They either killed them or exiled them. She really didn't want that and since she was smarter than average, she invented beautiful stories about dream of god and angels. She had to be a good liar too. That's all.

- What's left I mostly don't believe it.

Ok, this being said, one thing saddens me. I don't believe. I think it would be so much better for me to believe, but I just don't. Look at all the things people did back then with faith!! Cathedral, crusades, etc. I would like to have that kind of faith, but I just don't.