Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2000, 07:17 PM   #1
gdl96

Entmoot Presidential Election Primaries

That's right. Just like the JC did several months ago, Entmoot will hold presidential elctions. Anyone who meets this criteria, will be eligable to nominate themselves:

-You cannot be an Administrator at Entmoot
-You cannot be a moderator at Entmoot(not including moderators of the hobbit forum)
-You must have at least 100 posts here at Entmoot

You can nominate yourself anytime from now until Tuesday, October 31. Voting will then take place from Wednesday November 1, through Election Day, November 7. The winner will recieve a custom title declaring them president of Entmoot. I know it isn't much, but it's pretty much just for fun like the elections at JC.

To start thing off, I hearby nominate myself.

(for the curious, this idea was approved by bmilder earlier today)

Old 10-17-2000, 07:57 PM   #2
Xivigg

Can we nominate someone else ???
What happen if the president already have a custom title ???

Old 10-17-2000, 09:21 PM   #3
Bullroarer

Do I count?

No?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2000, 09:31 PM   #4
gdl96

*Correction*
You cannot run if you are a full moderator at Entmoot(you can use your powers anywhere in the board.

I guess you can nominate other people. It's not like being president has any responsibilities.

Old 10-17-2000, 10:48 PM   #5
Eruve

I nominate myself!

Old 10-17-2000, 11:56 PM   #6
Xivigg

It just came to my attention that gdl96 cannot apply for the presidential election he dosen't have de prerequisit of 100 post at entmoot

Who will vote if everyone nominate hisselves ??

Old 10-18-2000, 01:16 AM   #7
RovingTurtle

I nominate Xivigg, and Gil and Shan and JL and Dunedain Lady (sp?), and Elanor, and Eruve and... whoa went off on a tangent

Old 10-18-2000, 01:50 AM   #8
Johnny Lurker

Me? Nominated?

Now, why would you want to do that?

For the record, I fully endorse Gilthalion... and you should too.

Old 10-18-2000, 04:24 PM   #9
Xivigg

Re: Me? Nominated?

Vote for me and you'll paid more taxes

Old 10-18-2000, 05:25 PM   #10
Gilthalion

I accept the nomination!

Ladies and Gentlemen, and Entmooters of all ages, I heartily accept JL's nomination for the Presidency of the Entmoot!

As your President, my first official act of office will be to officially sign an Executive Order declaring that we have a Party!

The very next day, rather late in the day, but the very next day, nonetheless, I will put ice on my head, roll up my sleeves and work hard for the people of Entmoot.

With President Gilthalion in the Ovular Office, there will be plentiful pipeweed, abundant beer, and affordable pizza delivery for all!

President Gil will be magnanimous in victory. I will invite my chief opponent, Eruve, to join my cabinet after I take my Oaf of Office. She will be my Skating Czar, and will be also placed in charge of the Ministries of Tea, and of Tolkien Historicity.

All Administrators and Moderators will retain their present ranks and privileges of office, with the exception of Anduin who will be asked to formally take on leadership in the Ministry of Agriculture, Sewing, and Noble Entitlement.

Johnny Lurker will be drafted to head the War er, uh, the State Department. (He will be placed in a large glass case with a small hammer nearby for emergency use only and let loose only at night or when no one else is looking!)

Shanamir will be implored to provide clearheaded leadership of the Ministry of Poutine, Spam, and Romance.

Xivigg will be too busy playing RPG with Elbreth & Bullroarer to be bothered with the trivialities of governance.

All other applicants for political spoils must wait to present their petitions when I have fully recovered from the Inaugural Party.

I promise to be a benevolent dictator, er, ah, that is to say, I promise to always keep the health and welfare and prosperity of the Entmooters uppermost in my administration. During the Gilthalion Regime, there will be peace, prosperity, pork, and anything else that my focus group tells me will buy your vote.

I will lower taxes, increase spending, kiss your babies, keep my hands off the pretty interns, take no contributions over $1,000,000,000,000 at a time, and take care of you and yours from crib to crypt. I will bring peace to the Middle East, solve Ireland's problems, tame China and Russia and North Korea, end Latin American corruption, feed the hungry, clothe the naked (if they're ugly), care for the widows, find homes for the orphans, talk to the animals, and sing you lullabies at night.

I thank you for your time and for your vote. Good night. Sleep tight. And God Bless the Entmoot!

Old 10-18-2000, 06:25 PM   #11
gdl96

Re: I accept the nomination!

Must you question my posts? I won't even include my other usernames, but you can clearly see the old gdl96 has over 200 posts (near 300, I think).

Old 10-18-2000, 07:00 PM   #12
RovingTurtle

Ohhhhhhhhh long post, Gil gets my vote

Old 10-18-2000, 07:45 PM   #13
Bullroarer

I vote for Gilthalion.

By the way, if I had chosen to run, who would vote for me?

And is anyone nominating me

Old 10-18-2000, 07:57 PM   #14
Xivigg

We can't nominate you you're a moderator

I'll vote for Gil to it's the only one who can make a good presidential discour

Old 10-18-2000, 08:07 PM   #15
Eruve

Pizza and beer?

I hereby bow out. Everyone who was going to vote for me, vote for Gil instead! And Gil., can I appropriate funds to go to the World Figure Skating Championships??? And can I be minister of red wine too?

Old 10-18-2000, 09:12 PM   #16
SarahStar

Re: Pizza and beer?

::looks around::

I predict Gil will win by default. :lol:

Old 10-19-2000, 01:22 AM   #17
Bullroarer

Re: Pizza and beer?

Xivigg: I am not a board Moderator, I can be nominated.

But I don't want to.

I'm votin' fo' one of my fav. online buddies, Ara....er, Gilthalion

Old 10-19-2000, 01:42 AM   #18
Johnny Lurker

Heheh...

State Department...

*pulls out a small glasscutting kit and his autographed copy of "101 ways to solve the world's problems through liberal use of thermonuclear weapons"*

Old 10-19-2000, 02:50 AM   #19
Gilthalion

Details, Details!

Please! I expect my ministers and department heads to handle pesky little details like junkets to World Figure Skating Championships (please limit your party to 50), discriminate thermonuclear detonations, etc.

Hmmm. I was considering heading up the Red Wine Department myself, but I'll be much too busy with the heavy lifting, doing more Presidential Things. But don't buck for too much, Eruve! Someone will get stuck working on the Inauguration Party and it ain't gonna be me!

Old 10-19-2000, 06:36 AM   #20
Fat middle

Re: Details, Details!

i'd vote for Elanor, but since she hasn't proposed herself i cannot decide... i like Gil's projects but i also think that Greg deserves the title we must have a formal debate between the opponents: Greg vs. Gil. Points for the debate:

-pros and cons of Roasted Hutts.
-legal policies at Entmoot: may the young members drink bourbon at the parties?
-foreign policies: your plans for expanding Entmoot all around the world. your position in the Canada wars.
-and perhaps a bit of Tolkien debate: Tom Bomabadil vs. Xenarwen