Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Tolkien's Descriptions...?

Is it just me or did Proffesor Tolkien have a huge problem with descriptions of characters? I don't mean their looks or their actions, I'm talking about their titles. If im not mistaken he gives several characters similar, if not the same, titles! Titles like the tallest ever seen in ME, Greatest in ability, most beautiful. I was just reading The story of Túrin Turambar and his elvan companion Beleg Strongbow is considered greatest in ability of Missle-Earth. Im sure that he gave others the same titles, Aragorn, Legolas, Fëanor. I can't remember precise examples but as I read through the books again I will make notes on all the similar/same titles I see and continue posting them here. Yet what do you all think? Surely you must have noteced the same thing!?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote