Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2002, 05:51 PM   #1
Nibs
Head Hollara

I like it when the Dwarves of the Mountain come to Thorin's aid and nearly come to war upon the Elves and Lake-men, except Gandalf announces that the Goblins and wargs have gathered and will soon come upon them. It was pretty moving to read about them fighting together. The shouts of "Dain, Dain!!" and "Moria, Moria!!" really made my spine tingle.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 08:08 PM   #2
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I like Beorn in the book. Especially when Gandalf is telling him their story.

In the movie, when I first rented it from the library I was looking forward to seeing Bilbo get knocked off Dori's shoulders. Right at that part, however, the tape was spliced! I'm the most unlucky girl in the world. (Well, not really. )

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 08:12 AM   #3
Elf Girl
Lurker

When Thorin dies.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 08:30 AM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

When Bilbo is trying to defeat the spiders in Mirkwood! I LOVE that song.
Old 05-06-2002, 12:17 PM   #5
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
When Frodo claims the One Ring of Power...
and just about any time they say that phrase.

<<oops, i didn't know that. Sorry..>>

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 09-20-2002 at 01:34 PM.
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 09:08 PM   #6
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Beleg Strongbow, just to let you know, this forum is for the Hobbit only, not the Lord of the Rings.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:08 AM   #7
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Ok. In Riddles in the dark, I don't think that "What have I got in my pocket?" is a riddle. Riddles are more wordy and complicated. Therefore I do not think that Bilbo should have won. (Not that I have anything against Biblo. He's a very nice hobbit.)
Old 06-27-2002, 10:26 AM   #8
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Hi and welcome to the Moot (I'm glad to finally find someone else who thinks Bilbo cheated). I think you meant to post this in the Bilbo a cheater? thread, PM if this is the case.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:37 PM   #9
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I liked...

the beginning when Gandalf and Bilbo meet in the first time. I liked the 5 armies war too.

And I don't think that Bilbo did something wrong when he cheated. It was to save his life!! (and I do think he cheated, but it was a good thing)
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 05:09 PM   #10
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Sam Gamgee ok Radagast...

imagine this. ur playing a game of riddles with your friends. You dont' want to loose, so you ask an impossible riddle, what have you got in your pocket. do you not think that your friends would call you a cheater too. every riddle has to have an answer of some kind that can be found. sure, what have i got in my pocket has an answer, but an impossible one. that is unfair to Biblo and Gollum. he could have came up with something better.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:16 AM   #11
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Back on topic, I would choose when the dwarves leap come out of the Lonely Mountain wearing their ancestors' armor and weapons.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:51 PM   #12
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by SamwiseGamgeeOTS
imagine this. ur playing a game of riddles with your friends. You dont' want to loose, so you ask an impossible riddle, what have you got in your pocket. do you not think that your friends would call you a cheater too. every riddle has to have an answer of some kind that can be found. sure, what have i got in my pocket has an answer, but an impossible one. that is unfair to Biblo and Gollum. he could have came up with something better.
Did I say that Bilbo didn't cheat? because I meant that Bilbo wasn't wrong when he cheated because it was to save his LIFE!!!!!
Quote:
originally posted by webwizard333
Back on topic, I would choose when the dwarves leap come out of the Lonely Mountain wearing their ancestors' armor and weapons.
Can I ask why?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 02:07 PM   #13
webwizard333
Elf Lord

I like that because the dwarves really start to take a more active role in reclaiming their treasure and heritage. Up until that point, Smaug had been killed by a man not a dwarf, Biblo had done much of the work, and it seemed until that point that their role was merely to get Bilbo to the Lonely Mountain. Also, please keep the discussion of Bilbo's fair play of lack thereof to the thread for that purpose.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:17 PM   #14
katya
Elven Maiden

my favourite parts were riddles in the dark, and that part where the trolls ask what a burahobbit is. i laugh everytime i hear that. and the part about hooting. i guess there are a lot of good parts in that chapter...like the mutton thing. oh yeah and the conversation with smaug. that was great.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 12:37 AM   #15
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

For some reason, the part where the elves' spears and swords "shone in the gloom with a gleam of chill flame, so deadly was the wrath of the hands that held them."

I guess just the picture of righteous anger against evil.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 01:13 AM   #16
Gilrond
Enting

Thorin's death...

"If more of us valued your ways, food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. But sad or merry, I must leave it now. Farewell."
Gilrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 12:43 AM   #17
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Burrahobbit! LOL!
In the book one of my favourite bits was when Bilbo took the Arkenstone to the men. I didn't realise when I first read it (I was about ten years old) but when I reread a few years later I knew how brave he was for that. Yep, Hobbits rock.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote