Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #41
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I'm pretty sure I found the Lembas thread; try a search.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #42
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan
[B]Lembas recipies? Is there a specific thread on that?/B]
Yes.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 07:50 PM   #43
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
(Apart from you GW, but you post so much you aound like you have! Congratulations on passing 2000!)
Do you think Gwaimir's twin posts under his name, so there are really two of them, and that's how he posts so much? Elrohir and Elladan, keeping the moot covered!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:14 PM   #44
Gwaimir Windgem

No, I don't think so.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #45
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

All right! Which twin are you!?
Old 03-26-2003, 08:25 PM   #46
Gwaimir Windgem

This should answer that.

EDITED: Mussed link. See past title for more information.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 03-27-2003 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:08 AM   #47
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oh, wow. I remember back in the days when I was a fangirl...ahhhh!!!!! *runs and hides under the sofa*

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:09 AM   #48
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I miss movie debates with Film Hobbit. I should drag him back here.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:45 AM   #49
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Long post: (that makes sense...i hope. im good at rambling)

Ah, newbs reminiscing about several months ago. Your “good old days” are not the same as others. You probably don’t know any of the older members from 99’, 00’, 01.’ A lot of “regulars” from that time I don’t even remember anymore.

Anyone remember Darth Nut, Son of a Hut, Jae, Hernault, Elanor, The one ring, Ryan, Shan Duntak, Xvig, gilthalion, and many more. Some same names FM threw out also, those names just came to me when trying to think of old members (some who were mods). Darth Tater is kind of a legend now to newbs (which I find amusing). There have been many “regulars” that post for about a year and then leave. It is the message board way.

It is also funny (VERY FUNNY) to note these types of topics. Others such as the “decline of entmoot.” Fact is, in the span of a message board, a couple months makes a difference. There are different members (new newbies and new regulars). Members are ever changing and time goes by. Once that moment in time is gone, you can never get it back again. To every member, it seems that they are always going on about times in the past that were better. The “good old days.” These topics appear every few months. So when newbs register – these topics exist talking of the decline in entmoot. Then in a few months they go to those topics (or create one) and say “yeah, there has been a decline…ah I remember the good old days of a few months ago.”

I find it humorous that Blackboar used Strawberry Ice Cream and Darth Tater in the same sentence. "I read the archives alot and wish I could of talked to all the people of 1999 and 2000 when they were there, it seemed so much fun, Darth Tater seemed fun to talk too, and Strawberry Ice Cream." I don't mean to be offensive though. I was not friends with her. She was a good poster, but then left to go to emplynx's silly board after posting for under a year. To me, she is one of the over a dozen regulars who posted for a while and then just left. Tater holds a different place in my heart (when concerning entmoot).

When I think of the "good old days," I think of COMPLETELY different times.
-I think of the ezboard days (before ezboard sucked).
-When you knew everyone who posted very well.
-Where you could hope on the ezboard network using the same name to post on different boards.
-When I had a very successful Harry Potter board.
-When Bmilder and I were the two most succesful ezboard admins.
-When tater and Inoldonil and anduin and others were in their prime.
-When greg (now admin) and jae posted together (if you read archives you'll see what I mean. Also there was Larry the first several months (all those tater names)
-"old classic topics"
-when I was extremely well loved by all member's and I was NOT AN ADMIN OR MOD BUT WANTED TO BE ONE.
-when I won the ENTMOOT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS AND BECAME MOD.

I remember all this. I used to be a very silly member too (i still am when I can ).

IP: Film Hobbit sent a rather rude email to ben when we moved to vbulletin, basically saying that he refused to post on any other board that wasn't an ezboard. Ironically, his board has since moved to some other board system, as have all the major ezboards we used to go to (or at least that i used to go to)

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:52 AM   #50
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

we were wondering how long it would take you to find this.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:10 AM   #51
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I saw this a couple days ago. A combination of extremely busy and thinking of what to say.

Note: I don't mean to sound bitter or like ive been here to long or whatever. Its just truth. Message boards change every several months. Sometimes the change is small, other times greater. New members join, older ones leave. The newbs become regulars. No one stays forever.

I know that 99' and '00 will never be again. I like entmoot for what it is now. Obviously very different than what it was in 99' A big change not nesc. for the worst. Many more members for one.

I also am not on as much as I was in past years - like other admins and members. School, etc. I'm very busy. I read a lot of the topics and carry out admin duties.

I DO STILL HAVE FUN THOUGH, even if it may not seem like it Many old members that i talk to on aim that left the moot from several months ago - years ago are astonished that I am sitll around. "move on" they say.

I WAS JUST A "REGULAR" for a while. A very silly one too. I was elected mod and "president" March 2000 (i believe) and made admin Aug 2001. Would I like us to go backwards in time? nope.

I could name a bunch of regulars from a year ago and many members would not know them at all, as ive seen in many topics. Members who were here for about 6 months and then left - even leaving in 2002, members now don't all remember them.

Right now, many members still remember Tater and others were newbs or just at entmoot for a few months when he left. Pretty soon, newbs (as starting now) will not know who he was/is.

Sorry for the second post, but I like this topic ( i like my first post better though). It is literally on almost every message board and there have been like 4 or 5 of them here at the moot - resurfacing every few months. If its too long, read what you want of them.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 02:44 PM   #52
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

This board definitely has a lot of history.

I indeed remember most of the names and events Tristan mentioned, and I think I'll comment on some of them...

Quote:
-I think of the ezboard days (before ezboard sucked).
-When you knew everyone who posted very well.
-Where you could hope on the ezboard network using the same name to post on different boards.
Then came the age of the pop-up ads. And things were bad. And everybody left ezboard. Ultimately, even being on "gold service" and paying to remove the ads wasn't worth it, as prices were always being jacked up.

I think the old ezboard is still around as a half-dead archive. Most ezboards are.

Quote:
-When I had a very successful Harry Potter board.
Ah, Gryffindor Tower. Not to mention the "bmilder Fan Club" and "the :P board". Among many, many others.

Quote:
For those of you who don't know, they were interviewed and featured on ezboard's front page. Entmoot was one of the biggest ezboards there, and I vaguely remember them begging us not to leave. Hah, serves them right for polluting the web with ads and charging us.

Quote:
-When tater and Inoldonil and anduin and others were in their prime.
Ahem, aren't you forgetting somebody?

As far as long-dead forums go, remember Darth Tater's Secret Starship (a carry-over from the JC, if I remember correctly) and the Riftwar Saga forum?

Not to mention my big debate with Shanamir Duntak about the question of Quebec's independence. Fun times.

I wonder where emilsson went... I think I saw her on ICQ the other day.

Things have definitely changed since '99 and '00, yeah. But that's what happens to all big and popular boards when they get bigger and more popular. I think I'm just thankful this didn't degrade to the level of TheForce.net's Jedi Council boards, from which most of the original 'Mooters originated. Speaking from experience as a mod, that place just became completely unmanageable and full of pointless political strife.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 03-27-2003, 02:50 PM   #53
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

// quick check

Hmm... I think the old ezboard's gone. I just tried. Strange that Entmoot's gone, though, while a lot of other long-dead boards are still there. Maybe it was the load it took up on the server.

Ooh, if I'm not mistaken, a certain somebody here created an "IronParrot World" board, and it wasn't me...

Oh, and how could I forget: MerloMo! Entmoot's pet troll...

Old 03-27-2003, 05:07 PM   #54
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:

now, seriously. very good post you too. i loved that times. remember the :P thread? i've searched for it, but i think it's one of the "lost threads"

but "memories is not what the heart desires" (who said that?) and indeed i think that Entmoot is much more than memories.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:13 PM   #55
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yes, you never know what joys lie just around the corner!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:55 PM   #56
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

heh! I used to view this place as a guest for a long time....

Then the 'moot became chaotic enough for me to join (as osszie)....five days after I joined 'Tater packed in 'mooting

*sigh*, I should've joined sooner....

CBG, Anduril.........I miss those guys.....the 'moot needs more people with a sense of humour!! (however dry it may be)

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:57 PM   #57
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Well, when speaking of "good ol' days" I think they meant the good ol' days for each single member because we do all have different memories and a different joining time, and therefore different "good ol' days". I don't think they meant "in the beginning of Entmoot..."

So, in this way, we are all entitled to our good ol' days. And though mine take place in '02 -- for me, they are still the good ol' days. HOBBIT has a way of making everything curl right back around to the golden olden days, which would be the G.O.D. days of Entmoot. (Heh, good ol' days = G.O.D. In other words, when the admins actually had control. )

So reminisce all you want. I like recognizing names I've seen before.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 12:56 PM   #58
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
I miss Strawberry Ice Cream too. She was funny. Who DID she live with? I don't see Arathorn's dancing shoe as much as I'd like! I really miss the old "Three Worders". They were my favorites. I miss Eruvial Greenleaf being "a Mootaholic"! Entmoot seems a bit "kinder and gentler" and that is good! (IMO) .....Of course, I miss Anduril!

Yeah, I wasn't here that long but Strawbery was nice.
What has happened to Arathorn and Anduril and Strawberry? Eruvial too? Anyone know how I can get ahold of any of them?

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 03-28-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 01:19 PM   #59
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

You could try a PM , I guess. Arathorn and Eruvial still visit, just not very often. Anduril is taking a break to concentrate on his studies, but will probably "cop a gander" (nice old fashioned phrase! ) when he can. I don't know about Strawberry Ice Cream.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:49 PM   #60
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Yeah, what is this other board that strawberry went to (BTW I don't have any plans to leave the moot.)