Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #21
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
You're a hero. My sister would love you. She had three in washable diapers.

I admit, when the kids stayed here, we tended to use as ecological disposables as we could find. But sis shouldered on. Despite (or should I say out of spite, because that's sis alright) the creche not being all that happy about people actually using washables despite all their 'we'resoecological!' talk. Sis was not sad when the kids aged out of that creche...
It's actually really easy in use. The day care people simply dump the diaper in the bag I take home with me and sort it out. Not sure how old your sister's kids are, but there are very simple systems out there nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slPoe7QE6C0

That's the one we use. It's better than disposable ones since they leak less and are softer on her bum.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:56 PM   #22
Mari
Elf Lady

I've seen Oklahoma!
Is your son any good at singing?

Old 04-30-2019, 10:46 PM   #23
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Yes, he's pretty good!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #24
Valandil

He was just belting out "Fantasy" by Earth, Wind and Fire, up in his room. It's after 10 here and he woke up my wife.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 05-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #25
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Heehee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
It's actually really easy in use. The day care people simply dump the diaper in the bag I take home with me and sort it out. Not sure how old your sister's kids are, but there are very simple systems out there nowadays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slPoe7QE6C0

That's the one we use. It's better than disposable ones since they leak less and are softer on her bum.
Yes, it should have been that simple. My sis also used such a diaperbag when they stayed with us a few days and as long as it doesn't get too hot, the diaperbag worked fine. But somehow the creche made it into a big problem. But then again they were very naggy as a creche.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #26
Mari
Elf Lady

Being woken by that sounds like a nice way to wake up

Earn, how annoying. And with all the waiting lists these days transferring to another daycare isn't always easy.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:43 AM   #27
Amael
Elven Warrior

So it must have been .... quite a while I suppose! Looks like the last update here has been a couple of months. Pity. But all things have their time. I am glad to see this still gets updated from time to time.

Where to even begin? With the most important details I would say! Well, my husband (he is/was Ingwe on this site) and I have four kids now. In May we passed the 11 year mark, at least as far as wedding anniversary goes. This September it’ll be 18 years since we began hanging out in college. Our first two kids (first daughter and first son) are ten as of last December. Our second daughter (third kid overall) is 7, soon to be 8. And our third daughter was just born on July 19! My sister had her second child, a son, almost two months ago. I can’t wait to recover fully! It’ll be good, really really good, to get back to doing the things with Josh that are a bit more fulfilling than laying about! But I am patient. I am just glad to be feeling well, that the baby is fine, and that Josh is doing quite well.

Josh and I are thankfully doing well for our ages I would say. He turned 37 in June. I am turning 38 in September. Yes, getting close to 40, but no sigh from me. 40 is a number. Not too spooky. I am just glad that we have lived well thus far. I have few complaints, other than how Josh’s occasional depression manifests, but he has always had that from day one.

I do recall that it may have been mentioned that we might be moving someday, just to try something new out. Well, we did try it out in vacation form but decided we liked it where we were! We have our circle of friends and family here who we can actually stand. Coworkers where Josh and I work are cool. The kids would not allow us to move — they have their friends as well. We are also just too accustomed living in the middle of dense forests. So when it comes to going somewhere else, we will simply call that .... vacation. If we did move anywhere else, it would be another dense temperate forest.

I am happy to see that you all are doing well for the most part! I can’t believe it was 2008 when I first learned of this place! Actually, I can totally believe it. Time appears to move too terribly quickly!

Last edited by Amael : 08-01-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Amael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #28
Earniel

Nice to hear from you, Amael. And congratulations on the little one!

Yes, time flies, doesn't it? Must be something in that relativity-theory after all: from this side of 30, everything seems to be going quicker still!
Old 08-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #29
Amael
Elven Warrior

I know, right?! It seems like an arbitrarily brief time has passed since I met Josh. But that was on the last day of August in 2001. It’ll have been 18 years soon. We weren’t married until May 2008, but we may as well have been married well before that. Even if it all goes so fast, there’s that satisfaction that it’ll be a life well lived!
Amael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #30
Mari
Elf Lady

Wow. I'm feeling old. I've been here since 2006.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #31
Earniel

*snerk* If we continue like that we'll soon be shaking our walking sticks are the young ones and yelling for them to get off our lawn.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #32
Alcuin
Salt Miner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
*snerk* If we continue like that we'll soon be shaking our walking sticks are the young ones and yelling for them to get off our lawn.
Too late. Already doing that.
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:23 AM   #33
Valandil

Happy Hobbit Day!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #34
Earniel

Well I hope everybody's been doing better than I have over summer.

I've had like three eye infections in the last three months so screen time had been limited, which is why I haven't dropped in as often. And I'm not out the woods yet.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #35
Alcuin
Salt Miner

A trip through Mirkwood, eh? That's a difficult road: I hope you're better soon!

Did you get caught in the mighty tractor traffic jam this past week? It made the news world-wide.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #36
Earniel

Heh, no, that didn't make it across the border.

But I see the news about the 30 000 euros award for tips on the poaching of our first pregnant wolf is starting to do the rounds internationally too. That's here.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:11 PM   #37
Alcuin
Salt Miner

Boy, those Dutch farmers are really angry. Almost looks like the traffic jams could spill over into Belgium.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #38
Earniel

It's strange that our farmers haven't complained yet because we ought to be having the same problems as what's bringing all those Dutch tractors to town.

Then again, we are still without a federal government five months after the last election and the last few years we have been much more lenient for our farmers to the detriment of our remaining nature than our nothern cousins. So ours may be a more slow-burn...
Old 11-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #39
Alcuin
Salt Miner

Do Belgians ever agree on anything? Or in the same language? No government after 5 months? No wonder the economy is improving! If only the European Union was so efficient, the whole Continent would be booming.

But what is this noise I hear that Belgium might divide itself between north and south? Is that only a reëchoing of two centuries of internecine bickering?
Old 11-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #40
Earniel

I'm pretty sure we are no more in agreement or disagreement than other nations made up from different people who have had different traditions and languages right from the start of this country.

But we are the only country in the world, to my knowledge, that have both a language border and nine different governments on that one tiny speck of land. Whether it has done us much good remains to be seen, though. Although personally I have always maintained that the sheer complexity of the Belgian system is what has kept us from breaking out in civil war.

And five months without a federal government isn't even a record! Yes, sad, isn't it? Which only adds credence to the still-perpetuated idea that Belgium as a nation has outlasted its use and that the different regions would be much better off on their own.

So the seperatist momevent is still alive and kicking in Belgium, perhaps even more so these days. But like the Brexit, it is an utopia and rife with practical problems no politicians have yet found the perfect fix for.

And like the UK is now discovering in the most painful of ways, seperatism is all nice, popular and fancy until the moment you get to sit down and divide the furniture! You never quite get the sofa you wanted and the fridge and you will begrudge your ex the dog in exchange, etc...