Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #81
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
My bad. Nobody fooled me, I just thought that it was based on the comment someone from the south a Sweden said, that only people in the north of Sweden eat the stuff.

So I guess we borrowed this from you guys?
yes, they ceartainly have.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:57 PM   #82
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
When my younger brother was a baby, I gave him some mud to eat, and he ate it. What an expression he made!
Remind me to tell you about my friends little brother and the night crawler incident...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:15 PM   #83
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
I got some blood pudding today, want some?
Ewwwww! Are you serious? I mean, pudding made with blood?! *gag*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #84
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

I've never had blood pudding, but I'd try it. I've had blood sausage in Spain, and here in Chicago at Spanish restaurants. Also czarnina in a Polish restaurant, this is a soup made with blood, duck's blood I believe.

I've had lots of foodstuffs most Americans would consider strange. My first trip to Europe was a nine week journey where I always ordered whatever I could NOT translate off the menu. Ate lots and lots of organs, and many versions of tripe. Probably the strangest thing I've had was lung in some inn in Munich. It was good. Also had mountain goat in Bavaria, but that's hardly strange. Delicious though. As a child I used to eat head cheese, my mom was addicted to it. Bits of meat in aspic. Not sure what kind or where from, but I think it was prolly an assortment of pork products.
Hasty Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 03:50 PM   #85
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Ewwwww! Are you serious? I mean, pudding made with blood?! *gag*
what is bad with that? it is delicious, I thought that atleast last time I've tried it. I have also tried blood-pancakes. it isn't as bad as it sounds.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:15 PM   #86
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I thought blood pudding WAS a sausage. Ive had it. Better make sure you cook that sucker well. Its ok but it tends to fall apart on you once you break the outer skin thing.

Old 11-29-2004, 06:23 PM   #87
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Blood pudding is sooo good. Mine wasn't a sausage, it was a semi-circle (like a cheese), and it was smooth, spiced meat thing, except made of blood. And the spices for flavouring gave it a delicious cinnamony (but not quite) taste.

I fried it, and it didn't fall apart. Delish! Don't knock it till ya try it Ri!

Serve with: boiled potatoes with butter, salt and peper.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 11:18 AM   #88
Millane
The Dude

hmmm my most disgusting dish would have to be some filthy mexican dish, i know that sounds poor compared to you blood eating people but i just cant stand the majority of "dirty" mexican foods, i prefer "clean" asian dishes...
and fish god i hate fish, tuna and salmon are disgusting (and i wouldnt ever consider trying sardines )
Quote:
Check out this recepie from Epicurious Food:
beloved Epicurus how they twist your philosophy
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #89
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millane
but i just cant stand the majority of "dirty" mexican foods, i prefer "clean" asian dishes...
"dirty" mexicans food? Please do expand...

Old 12-01-2004, 02:49 PM   #90
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millane
beloved Epicurus how they twist your philosophy
Dude... it's a recipie!

Are you a vegetarian Millane? Actually, there's a lot of veggie Mexican dishes... I don't get where you were going with that 'dirty' comment.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 12-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #91
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Mexican food is divine... there's a local food guru here in Chicago named Rick Bayless (he has a couple of restaurants and a television show) that has shown how Mexican food is more than just tacos and burritos. I've been lucky enough to go to a couple of upscale Mexican restaurants that were amazing. I don't understand the "dirty" comment either.
Hasty Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #92
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

(2nd attempt to post - my electricity went out for no apparent reason)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
"dirty" mexicans food? Please do expand...
I was going to respond similarly. I don't see how Mexican food is "dirty". There are many great mexican dishes - even gourment dishes such as Mole Poblano de Pollo (Chicken with Poblano Mole Sauce) which is a chocolate sauce (it actually tastes a bit like pumpkin). I don't imagine there are many Mexicans in Australia - so I'm not sure how authentic the Mexican food can be there. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's not referring to Mexicans as dirty.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-01-2004 at 04:46 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:27 PM   #93
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yeah, otherwise we're gonna have to force-feed you KFC gravy Millane.

Speaking of nasty fast food, has anyone seen the ad for the Bacon McFeast? (McDonald's latest pride and joy.) To me, that just conjures up images of nastiness. Ugh.

Bacon McFeast? I love bacon, so it must be the "McFeast" part. You can get that to go! A plastic flagon of ale, and a haunch of roast boar... I mean roast McBoar, in a paper bag...
Quote:
Old 12-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #94
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Speaking of nasty fast food, has anyone seen the ad for the Bacon McFeast? (McDonald's latest pride and joy.) To me, that just conjures up images of nastiness. Ugh.

Bacon McFeast? I love bacon, so it must be the "McFeast" part. You can get that to go! A plastic flagon of ale, and a haunch of roast boar... I mean roast McBoar, in a paper bag...
Is that in Sweden or something? I haven't heard of it here. Not all McDonalds serve the same things like that. Of course - it's been years since I've gone to McDonalds - but I haven't even seen any ads for it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:03 PM   #95
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Yes, Bacon McFeast is the latest invention of the Swedish McDonald's restaurants. Haven't tried it, don't think I will.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:18 PM   #96
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

the latest thing mcdonald's advertise here right now is a rye-burger; it's been here for long though, so i don't know why the make sucha big .. thing out of it now. i suppose they haven't got rye-burgers in any other places than finland and perhaps scandinavia?
i haven't eaten in mcdonald's for many, many years..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #97
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
what is bad with that? it is delicious, I thought that atleast last time I've tried it. I have also tried blood-pancakes. it isn't as bad as it sounds.
I'm just not terribly adventurous with food, and it just sounds kinda creepy-vampirey to me

I think I'll pass!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:11 PM   #98
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Do you like sushi Ri? You can always work your way up to it if it's too adventerous. The following applies to all first-time sushi eaters, not necessarily Ri...

Just follow Nurv's fail safe (unless you hate rice or nori*) plan to sushi bliss. Incidentally, don't be put off by my use of the word seaweed. It's not any random seaweed or kelp, it's specially selected as food, just like lettuce or spinach.
*special dried seaweed

1. Start with miso soup. It's a simple tofu-based soup. It usually has small pieces of seaweed and tofu in it, and green onions. (Any self-respecting miso soup will have all three.)

2. Now you're ready for your first piece of sushi - the cucumber roll! (I forget the Japanese name. I want to say Oshinko roll, but that's something else.)
This simple roll will allow you to appreciate the rice-nori combination.

3. Now, brave one of the fish rolls! Try a tuna roll. Yes, the fish is raw, but you don't notice this at all! The tuna does not have a fishy smell, and the texture is subtle and pleasant.

4. If you can handle the tuna roll, definitely have a salmon roll. Delicious!

5. You have eaten the fish, you know you can take it. Sample the more exotic choices like salmon roe, giant clam (so good. my personal favourite after salmon sashimi), or scallop.

6. Broaden your horizons. Try a cone instead of a roll, and try salmon and tuna sashimi (one of the finest forms in which fish can be consumed). Sashimi is just the fish, no rice. Sushi nigiri is a piece of fish on rice, no nori.

7. Why not try other dishes like salads (Japanese salads are really brilliant), clear noodles, or tempura!

And if you don't like something, don't worry about it. There's a lot of different items to choose from, just try something else! Tempura (lightly deep fried vegetables and shrimp with tasty dipping sauce) is a safe bet, even if you hate all the sushis and salads.

Serve with: green tea and/or sake and/or more sake

Happy Eating!
Quote:
Old 12-01-2004, 08:24 PM   #99
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Thanks Nurv, now I have a craving for sushi.

*stomach grumbles*
Old 12-01-2004, 08:25 PM   #100
Millane
The Dude

I meant dirty because its always such a mess, you get messy eating it, hahaha yeah sure its funny watching other people get filthy trying to eat it. Yes im sure there is a lot of better mexican foods than some of the filth our restraunts here serve up, one of the worst meals ive ever had was at some mexican place in melbourne, expensive and ****ing horrid, and its on lygon st and all i wanted was pizza, now thats food and then on the other hand the best foods ive ever had have all been asian mainly in china but one oddly enough at my pub, the publican Laurie made the greatest teryaki beef ever... Lin theres a place in melbourne called Chocolate Buddha, have you ever been there, its fantastic everythings so beautiful and they have a selection of good quality sakes and instead of just bringing it out warm and disgusting they ask whether you want it cold or warm, something most restaraunts should do but mostly dont
and no whoever asked im not a vegetarian...