Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-30-2003, 07:30 PM   #81
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Pacers won their first game! They didn't do too well pre season! Oh well, new team, new coach......I'm waiting to be entertained! Go boys! (all of them, on all the teams) earn that money and entertain us fans!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:17 AM   #82
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ahhh! Pacers at .833.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #83
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hmmmm, Who's the number one team in the country? That's right! Pacers!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:23 PM   #84
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Nope - win or lose - as long as they stay in the state - it's the Nets. Damn owner who is a New Jerseyan has been secretly negotiating with NY to move them to Brooklyn. This is at the same time negotiating for the Arena in Newark. People in NJ now hate him.

Quote:
Enemy of the State

South Jersey businessman and political fund-raiser Lewis Katz has been lauded as a New Jersey success story, having made millions from his ownership of Kinney Systems parking lot chain. In 1988, after selling Kinney, Katz became part owner and chairman of the Nets, declaring his involvement with the team as much a gesture of civic duty as a business venture. With fellow owner Raymond Chambers, Katz insisted that he intended to move the team to Newark, in part to help reinvigorate the state's largest city. But according to recent press reports, Katz, breatking with Chambers, has alligned himself with New York investor Bruce Ratner, who's maneuvering to buy the Nets and move the team across the Hudson to - egah! - Brooklyn. Nets fans may be fickle, but shouldn't the team merit some loyalty from the owner?

New Jersey Monthly Dec 2003

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-19-2003 at 10:24 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 11:37 PM   #85
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
New Orleans is right on your heels though. Baron Davis could be the best point guard in the game this year. still think Kidd may have that title though.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #86
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Woo hoo! .857! 12 and 2! I have to keep pinching myself!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:07 AM   #87
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Oh HUSH!!!

Mmmmbbbbllll mmmmbbbbllll... Bulls... GRRRrrr Ggggrrrrrmmmmbbbllll ggggrrrrmmmmbbbbllll...
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #88
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Gotta get it while you can! Pacers....HOT!!! Colts...hot!

I heard there was supposed to be some "BIG" trade going down between the Bulls and the Raptors... nothing?
Old 11-26-2003, 11:36 AM   #89
Valandil

Not keeping completely up-to-date, but not that I've heard. So far, we've just had the coach fired because of under-performing players ... that, and injured ones! (That silly coach!)

In fact, the centerpiece of all that trade talk is Jalen Rose. He scores quite a bit, but I think the general feeling is that he abandons the game plan at the end and tries to get the win on his own... and usually misses on a poorly selected shot.

Mixed feelings... it was hard to care anymore with the WAY the championship team was disbanded. In fact, I felt even then that they were setting themselves up for this. In the past, you would build a team with the draft and trades. Now it's a free agent world - and the best asset you can have is a good image with the players... which they totally ruined. So, they're drafting all these younger players, the good free agents won't consider coming here - and the team is just going nowhere in the sixth year of "re-building"

Best wishes with the Pacers though. How's the one player (was it Jermaine O'Neal?) diong in the aftermath of the coaching change?
Old 11-26-2003, 12:36 PM   #90
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ahhh, Jalen Rose. I won't say anything bad about him.

I think the troubled player was/is Ron Artest....seems to be doing well. (Larry Bird and Carlisle help) Pacer defense is serious stuff! That's how we are winning all these games I guess. So happy!

OH! You mean Jermaine O'neil being upset when Isiah Thomas got canned. It's all smoothed over now. We love Jermaine!

Last edited by Lizra : 11-26-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:22 PM   #91
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Woo hoo! .857! 12 and 2! I have to keep pinching myself!
enjoy it. but remember they started hot last year then couldnt quite keep it together when it counts. its a marathon not a sprint so hopefully they will have learned from last years late season break down and do better in the playoffs.

Old 11-26-2003, 02:40 PM   #92
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
enjoy it. but remember they started hot last year then couldnt quite keep it together when it counts. its a marathon not a sprint so hopefully they will have learned from last years late season break down and do better in the playoffs.
You're no fun! I'm thankful for the Pacers...right here, right now! Cheers!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:43 AM   #93
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Nasty Lakers! Bleah! Wonder what the Pacer's will do tonight?! Oh Coach!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #94
Valandil

The Lakers are bad news. It seems like the past 3+ years, the NBA has made them the 'annointed' team, and just let O'Neal completely run over people. It was first apparent in the Portland - LA series when the Lakers were on the way to their first (recent) championship in 2000.

And NOW, they have Karl Malone... normally, I like him, but he can sure play dirty. Last night I watched a little of their game with Dallas. Malone got a rebound and was looking to pass - Steve Nash was in front of him trying to prevent. Malone added an extra motion prior to a pass attempt - a sudden, hard elbow jab to Nash's mouth. Nash went down, but hopped right up with a bloody mouth, telling the ref Malone should be ejected for that. A foul was called, but no ejection.

Meanwhile, O'Neal was doing all his normal leaning, moving through and plowing over people... while the refs call fouls on the victims, as usual.

It's hard to watch the NBA anymore. I thought they were cleaning it up last year, when they finally started to call O'Neal on it in the San Antonio series - but they're right back at it again.

It isn't even basketball anymore!
Old 12-05-2003, 02:22 PM   #95
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA. they are SUPPOSED to win at all costs. And when they dont win they buy whoever it takes to make them win. ala Malone and Payton. Cant really blame them. They will most likely win it all this year unless they collapse late season. they dont have to worry about losing bryant to trial (or jail) because they got the case put off till after the season. and with those four players who is going to stop them?

But Karl Malone has always been able to push the envelope. i wouldnt call him a thug though. he legitimately gets fouled more then almost anyone else in the league and thats because he knows how to put himself in position for that and because hes strong as an ox. but personally he has like a split personality going. he can be a total ass and a cry baby sometimes. but on the other hand hes a fantastic leader and hes big on supporting his teamates at all costs and he works harder then anyone youll meet. basically it comes down to hes a great asset if you can get him on YOUR team.

Old 12-05-2003, 02:48 PM   #96
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Wow! Bummer!
Old 12-14-2003, 05:53 PM   #97
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hey! How bout that game Sat night Valandil!? (Bulls beat the Pacers! ) You gotta love it when the bottoms beat the tops. Antonio Davis has always been my second fave Pacer (Reggie Miller IS #1, of course ) He was always well mannered, with a lovely wife, always helping kids out in the community. Beautiful body too. A nice player for the Bulls.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:10 AM   #98
Valandil

Quote:
Hey! How bout that game Sat night Valandil!? (Bulls beat the Pacers! ) You gotta love it when the bottoms beat the tops. Antonio Davis has always been my second fave Pacer (Reggie Miller IS #1, of course ) He was always well mannered, with a lovely wife, always helping kids out in the community. Beautiful body too. A nice player for the Bulls.
Lizra, you're taking this admirably well. I only saw it in the paper today. Lots of questions still to be answered with this team. First they fire Cartwright and hire Scott Skiles (did he once play for the Pacers himself?) - which may have been OK - maybe Skiles can do something with them. Then they do the trade with Toronto... funny thing was, the Bulls kept talking how good the trade was, then they won their first game after it (Yay!), but then dropped the next 4 or 5 or so until they beat Indiana last night. Meanwhile, Toronto has been winning ever since the trade! (not sure if still true - but won at least 5 straight)

I really think it comes down to the players. Several who are considered key to the future of the team came right out of high school or just one year of college. Not too sure about their work ethics... especially in the off-season. Can't tell where their heads are at...
Old 12-15-2003, 11:36 PM   #99
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Grizzlies are gonna win it this year . the sad part is that they have beaten last years runner up, and are right now is the latest in a season that they have strill been over .500, and i am including there breif Vancouver time in there. so take that, go grizzlies. any who, the west is way better then the east with only 3 teams under .500 and 1 of those is under .400. But i still think college bball is better, since the players dont get paid and dont think they are the greatest and shouldnt play for teams taht arent the top team (i still hate steve francis for refusing to play in Vancouver, he couild of made us a good team)

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 10:28 AM   #100
Valandil

Anyone notice that 'Midwest Division'??? Every team in it is at least a few games over .500! San Antonio is making it's move now - and they're 19-10 (I think) now that Duncan is back... but they were 9-10 at one point, last in the division, but only 2 or 2 1/2 games behind first. That'll be a tough division all year. On the other hand, the LEADERS in the Atlantic Division are right at .500 - then there's the Bulls - tied with a few other teams in the league with the lowest win total to date (7).

I guess we're about one-third through the regular season...