Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-30-2003, 12:02 AM   #41
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I can't remember the *scandal* either! I have a faint memory of his mother saying something about something (that's good! ) I was thinking of the year the Pacers went to the playoffs. When they knocked Philly out, Iverson had his head in is hands, distraught and quite emotionally upset, (with himself it seemed). It was a refreshing change from the usual angry, blame spreading whine of many upset players.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:38 AM   #42
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i went to some league today where you haver to pay for it but i went with my friends and i played and scored like 8 points some guy hit me in the face with a ball though and i got cut by my glasses
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:49 PM   #43
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Well, so SA won. Good for them! "They say" the ratings for the NBA finals are down....I wonder why? People got spoiled with the Micheal Jordan thing? They want to watch a "star" only? I think it's boring when it's just *Shaq, Shaq, Kobe, Shaq*...or "Air Jordan" all the time! I don't get it. Is it the NBA? People want to see a sure thing? (meaning "stars" being "starlike") Just real "up for grabs", hard fought sportmanship doesn't cut it? Our culture is so lazy!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:57 PM   #44
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well its all about the big names. Big names bring big money. Simple as that. But I agree. Seeing the Lakers over and over gets boring. But I could never get enough of Jordan in his prime. Like watching Barishnikov. You knew he was once in a life time. You wanted to absorb every moment you could have with him.

But anyway now its NBA draft time and the question is who will the Raptors take with the 4th pick since the first three are basically locked up. I think they should take Wade from Marquette. Hes going to be a superstar. But Im pretty sure they wont. Ill be watching the draft tomorrow with the other hoops geeks though.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:09 PM   #45
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Well....Pacers got a second round pick...Donnie Walsh says he doesn't need anymore young players who *need work* ...I hope they get someone who will actually play! I can't wait for next year!

Raptors...Antonio Davis! Has he done much since he went up there? He was such a good Pacer! I loved to look at his beautiful body! (I'm sorry to carry on about the Pacers so...I feel like JD talking about NJ ...Pacers are what I really know though!)
Old 06-26-2003, 12:42 PM   #46
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Well....Pacers got a second round pick...Donnie Walsh says he doesn't need anymore young players who *need work* ...I hope they get someone who will actually play! I can't wait for next year!
its a mighty deep draft this year so there still should be impact players available even into the second round. Just gotta figure out which ones they are...

Quote:
Raptors...Antonio Davis! Has he done much since he went up there? He was such a good Pacer! I loved to look at his beautiful body!
*laugh* well that makes one of us. Hasnt he been in Toronto like 4 or 5 years now? Yer memory is long. I think he is doing ok. But last year he was one of the many walking injured that plauged Toronto so badly. They set a record for most games missed by players in one year. And now they have the 4th pick in a deep draft and this is a team that was in the playoffs only a year ago! They could really do well next year if they catch some breaks. Vince would have to be healthy all year though for once.

Quote:
(I'm sorry to carry on about the Pacers so...I feel like JD talking about New Jersey.
*laugh* dont worry yer a LONG long way from JD's "New Jersey is the capital of the world" obsessivness. Thank god the Nets didnt win the NBA title. I dont think we would ever get his head back to normal size if NJ had gotten two sports champions in the same year on top of his mud wrestling championship. And anyway someones gotta speak up for the lesser heard teams.

Old 06-26-2003, 01:19 PM   #47
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I miss Dennis Rodman!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #48
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
I miss Dennis Rodman!
oh i miss him about as much as i miss having the mumps.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:07 PM   #49
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Aw! He was hilarious! I don't know....the tension would get so thick and intense on some of those Bulls/Pacers games, Dennis Rodman helped me chill! Another "big, beautiful body"! So, who's the "stars of today"? Shaq and Kobe, The chinese giant, Yao?...Iverson is a "name"...there's some young names floating around, but they haven't really proved themselves yet. MSN had a bit about 10 most overated atheletes yesterday. They put Vince Carter as #1. I guess I missed all the "next Jordan" hype on him...I must have been busy thinking about Reggie Miller!

Last edited by Lizra : 06-26-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:27 PM   #50
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
MSN had a bit about 10 most overated atheletes yesterday. They put Vince Carter as #1. I guess I missed all the "next Jordan" hype on him...I must have been busy thinking about Reggie Miller!
thats kind of harsh of them. i hate self rightious fat sports writers sitting behind a desk trashing athletes because they didnt go on to become the best ever. Vince Carter is an amazing basketball player whos had some injury issues. but hes young he can still be a big impact player in the league. I think they just resent Carter because of their perception of him. I wonder if All Around Nice Guy Grant Hill made that list and talk about a guy who was supposed to be the biggest thing ever coming in as a rookie and who just disolved into this injury black hole. its a damn shame when a good athlete is always hurt and cant live up to his full potential. no sense mocking them for it I think.

Old 06-26-2003, 05:57 PM   #51
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I hate lists, period! And overly opinionated sports mouths who will say anything just to get read or listened to. One reason I have a hard time watching ball games on TV...some of the talkers...I want to strangle them!
Old 06-26-2003, 09:15 PM   #52
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

All right its official. LeBron James is a Cavalier. Whos taking bets on how long till he wins MVP?

Old 07-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #53
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I missed this post! ....OK....I say 3 years!

Now....POP! .....Lizra pours champange, passes a glass to IR....and any other Entmoot BB fan of age to sip it!

I just heard Larry Bird has signed up for three years as general manager of the Pacers, relieving Donnie Walsh of daily duties!!!!

WOOT WOOT! Larry Bird, Isiah Thomas, Reggie Miller and Jermaine O'neil's staying! Ahhh! fills glass again! Groovy baby!
Old 07-11-2003, 01:33 PM   #54
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
All right its official. LeBron James is a Cavalier. Whos taking bets on how long till he wins MVP?
he is pretty damn good so i say 2 years
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 04:10 PM   #55
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Just a little tidbit to share on Labron James. He graduated from St. Vincent/St Mary's High, which is roght down the street from my house. He is also friends with my son and my nieces boyfriend. He attended my great-nieces first birthday party last month, and he has been to my house a few times. I surely do hope that he can turn the Cleveland Cavs around.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:06 PM   #56
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Just a little tidbit to share on Labron James. He graduated from St. Vincent/St Mary's High, which is roght down the street from my house. He is also friends with my son and my nieces boyfriend. He attended my great-nieces first birthday party last month, and he has been to my house a few times. I surely do hope that he can turn the Cleveland Cavs around.
wow its always cool knowing someone famous before they make it big. and this kid is going to be at the heighest level of celebrity by this time next year. ever see him driving around town in his brand new Hummer?

No doubt hes going to be spectacular and perhaps a superstar of Kobe Bryant proportions in a few years but I dont think hes going to take the Cavs to the playoffs next year like they have been talking about. I think thats way way too overzealous. That team is pretty bad and one fantastic rookie wont turn them around in a year. But watch out in 2007....

Now you wanna see some impact players next year besdies James then keep your eye on Milicic in Detroit which was a playoff team even before they got the second pick in the draft. And of course Anthony in Denver. Hes a natural. Sweetney is gonna make an immediate impact in NY and Gaines should see real playing time in Orlando.

Speaking of impact how bout the Lakers!!! They just signed BOTH Karl Malone AND Gary Payton! Holy crap!! Thats four all stars on their starting 5! Who is going to stop them now with Bryant and Shaq and now future hall of famers Malone and Payton. They could have Mr. Bean be the fifth man and they would still win the title.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:15 PM   #57
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

ehh...I hope they all run around bumping into each other. (farty noise)
Old 07-11-2003, 11:01 PM   #58
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
wow its always cool knowing someone famous before they make it big. and this kid is going to be at the heighest level of celebrity by this time next year. ever see him driving around town in his brand new Hummer?
Nope, never seen his hummer. In many ways he still seems to just be the hometown boy, nothing special. I agree though, that celebrity is already at a great level. Do you know that he would play basketball with my son just at the court of St.V's elementry school, and would tell my son that he was good. My son thinks that's funny now.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:10 PM   #59
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Speaking of impact how bout the Lakers!!! They just signed BOTH Karl Malone AND Gary Payton! Holy crap!! Thats four all stars on their starting 5! Who is going to stop them now with Bryant and Shaq and now future hall of famers Malone and Payton. They could have Mr. Bean be the fifth man and they would still win the title.
Do you think I could try out for the 5th man?

The only challenge Phil Jackson will have in the NBA next year is getting these four future Hall of Famers to work together. If they can't play as a team, it doesn't matter how good they are individually.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:31 PM   #60
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That's what I mean! Big fat heads bumping into each other!