Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #541
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Well, lemme tell ya, Prince, some time before I immigrated from Poland in 1922 --eight and a half decades ago--(I was there, however, when Hitler invaded. I was the one who flew to Britain to have tea with my buddy Winston, where I believe I was the one who convinced him to fight back against Hitler), whilst on vacation in Lisbon, I journeyed to Buenos Aries with a fellow named Candide, his girlfriend, and an old woman who claimed to have only one buttock. In Buenos Aries, I met the governor, Don Fernando d'Ibaraa y Figueora y Mascarenes y Lampourdos y Souza, a noble man with a stateliness befitting one with so many names. His cook taught me how to make onion rings, a recipe, he claimed, he had had it of an old countess, who had received it from a cavalry captain, who owed it to a marchioness, who took it from a page, who had received it from a Jesuit, who when a novice had it in a direct line from one of the companions of Christopher Columbus.
After I emigrated from Poland, sometime in the sixties I moved to the Coachella Valley, in Southern California, which at the time was filled Ethan, an anti-communist (we put aside our differences after the war) and quite the avid guitarist, living off the land and riding the trolleys around, occasionally visiting Walt Disney at his favorite vacation resort in La Quinta. Now, these orange groves extended as far as the eye could see! (And then some.) But anyway, Ethan and I used to wear onion rings on our belts because that was the fashionable thing to do in those days, possibly in part due to the Spanish explorers sent north by Governor Don Fernando d'Ibaraa y Figueora y Mascarenes y Lampourdos y Souza upon my suggestion, who I later found out played a major role, along with some relatives of my friend, Mao Tse Tung, in building the railroad and the major station in Indio, which burned down some time after I moved there.

God damn, I swear, you have such a genius imagination, baby. I look forward to the day, whenever it will be, that you publish a book, a novel. I want to be there at your first book signing when this happens, and it will, if you want it to, because you're extremely gifted Eventually if you want to you can put together a real book and a publisher will sign you. One only has to learn all the ways to put a novel together and maintain the reader's attention the whole time, from when you first arrest it in the beginning and then all the way through, consistently, which of course is easier said than done, but it is done. And one must learn how to keep the stuff from getting too lengthy and wordy and clumped together; you must have paragraph breaks and dialogue breaks often enough so that people don't get exhausted and stop reading.

Your imagination is out of this world, Troll's Bane - literally, and figuratively! For real.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #542
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Not back in those days. It must've been one of those things that died, like the onion ring fashion trend that used to exist right under my very feet.
Are you telling me that this stale onion ring on my belt is out of fashion?!? and who are you to dictate fashion? Even if you did come from Poland and while I do appreciate that you added the wind to Winstons sails as it were, some of us where not as affluent as to be having regular teas with the ole chap. and I'd like to return that parrot you sold me...
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #543
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
God damn, I swear, you have such a genius imagination, baby. I look forward to the day, whenever it will be, that you publish a book, a novel. I want to be there at your first book signing when this happens, and it will, if you want it to, because you're extremely gifted Eventually if you want to you can put together a real book and a publisher will sign you. One only has to learn all the ways to put a novel together and maintain the reader's attention the whole time, from when you first arrest it in the beginning and then all the way through, consistently, which of course is easier said than done, but it is done. And one must learn how to keep the stuff from getting too lengthy and wordy and clumped together; you must have paragraph breaks and dialogue breaks often enough so that people don't get exhausted and stop reading.

Your imagination is out of this world, Troll's Bane - literally, and figuratively! For real.
Why, thank'ee kindly ma'am. I fully intend to print some books, perhaps one real and one fake autobiography (the real one being the one accounted, in part, above...).

Yes. Winston was such the slow cat with his imbecilic appeasement policies. Must have got it from his predecessor, my poker buddy, who once said that such appeasement meant peace for our time.
Ah, yes, have you taken good care of our parrot?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #544
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Our parrot ? You mean the norwegion blue? I've been meaning to speak to you about it. Do you have a talking slug?
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #545
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
Our parrot ? You mean the norwegion blue? I've been meaning to speak to you about it. Do you have a talking slug?
Most certainly. After the last time I conversed with the shower, which cascades upon me tidings and news from the whole universe, and is also quite the philosopher, I was given a portable version, a talking slug.

Unfortunately, the last time I saw it Mustapha Kemal's two-year-old great grandson was pouring salt on it.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:08 PM   #546
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
Well, lemme tell ya, Prince, some time before I immigrated from Poland in 1922 --eight and a half decades ago--(I was there, however, when Hitler invaded. I was the one who flew to Britain to have tea with my buddy Winston, where I believe I was the one who convinced him to fight back against Hitler), whilst on vacation in Lisbon, I journeyed to Buenos Aries with a fellow named Candide, his girlfriend, and an old woman who claimed to have only one buttock. In Buenos Aries, I met the governor, Don Fernando d'Ibaraa y Figueora y Mascarenes y Lampourdos y Souza, a noble man with a stateliness befitting one with so many names. His cook taught me how to make onion rings, a recipe, he claimed, he had had it of an old countess, who had received it from a cavalry captain, who owed it to a marchioness, who took it from a page, who had received it from a Jesuit, who when a novice had it in a direct line from one of the companions of Christopher Columbus.
After I emigrated from Poland, sometime in the sixties I moved to the Coachella Valley, in Southern California, which at the time was filled Ethan, an anti-communist (we put aside our differences after the war) and quite the avid guitarist, living off the land and riding the trolleys around, occasionally visiting Walt Disney at his favorite vacation resort in La Quinta. Now, these orange groves extended as far as the eye could see! (And then some.) But anyway, Ethan and I used to wear onion rings on our belts because that was the fashionable thing to do in those days, possibly in part due to the Spanish explorers sent north by Governor Don Fernando d'Ibaraa y Figueora y Mascarenes y Lampourdos y Souza upon my suggestion, who I later found out played a major role, along with some relatives of my friend, Mao Tse Tung, in building the railroad and the major station in Indio, which burned down some time after I moved there.
Yeah those were the days, in one my former lives I was the avid guitarist/anti communist, I even like onion rings to this day..
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #547
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
Yeah those were the days, in one my former lives I was the avid guitarist/anti communist, I even like onion rings to this day..
(Err, find a different role. Ethan is still alive and well... ;p )
Old 06-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #548
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
(Err, find a different role. Ethan is still alive and well... ;p )
Wow cool! a duplicate in an alternative universe, I cannot keep track of the space/time continuum these days.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #549
trolls' bane

Me neither. I leave that up to my quantum computer! (Twenty teraqubits!)
Old 06-23-2007, 03:38 AM   #550
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

That will do, guys. Take the chit-chat to the Teacup Café.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:25 AM   #551
trolls' bane

Very well.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #552
Keith K
Elf Lord

Wither the riddlers? They were always foremost in my esteem!
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote