Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2004, 04:20 PM   #1
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

Planescape Torment

Planescape Torment is a relatively old Role Playing Game for the PC, and one of my favourite games ever. It has probably the best story-line of any game (or any book for that matter) that I've ever come accross. Has anybody else here played it?

It's set in AD&D's Planescape setting, but more specifically, in the city of Sigil (aka the City of Doors) 'where all the planes of the multiverse meet'. You play a horrifically scarred man who wakes up on a mortuary slab with no recollection of who he is. Your body is covered from head to toe in strange tatoos and inscriptions revealing cryptic clues and instructions on how to find your missing journal, which presumably will explain everything. Oh, and you soon find out that you can not die... which may explain the waking up on the mortuary slab stinking of embalming fluid, and of course the scars.

What follows is an epic journey that will see you traverse the planes of creation, battling beings of terrible power who's fates are inextricably intertwined with your own, all in the hopes that you will somehow find out who you are and why you are the way you are (profound sentence that).

I heartily reccomend it to anyone
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.

Last edited by Captain Stern : 05-15-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote