Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #41
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

How do you people envision Tarmon Gai'don?
I personally see it as a series of battles on all fronts (in all nations) at once; and somehow all these battles will revolve around the central one between Rand and Shai'tan. I don't think that Rand will die, do you?
Beren3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:45 PM   #42
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Wow, this is a huge serie is there any clue how many books Jordan will write before Tarmon Gaidon comes?

but, the question.
Yes, I imagine it like you Beren. Shadowspawn mingling out from everywhere, the Darkfriends reaveling themselves, and the Forsaken ones standing up, if Rand don't kill all of them before.
But I don't know where the battle between Rand and Shai'tan will be. I can't really imganie them battling at Shaoyl Gul(is that th way it is written, don't remember clearly), but somewhere up in the heaven, like above Falme, or like that when he fights the forsaken, is it Ishammael , right after he weilds Calandor.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:09 AM   #43
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
is there any clue how many books Jordan will write before Tarmon Gaidon comes?
RJ says the series will be 12-13 books long; so we have 2-3 books to go.

Quote:
I can't really imganie them battling at Shaoyl Gul(is that th way it is written, don't remember clearly)
One of the prophecies of the Dragon says that " his blood will be spilled on the black rock" or something. Shayol Ghul is the only place with black rocks, so...

Quote:
is it Ishammael
Read ahead to find out!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #44
Pytt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren3000
RJ says the series will be 12-13 books long; so we have 2-3 books to go.
ok that was not so bad..

Quote:
One of the prophecies of the Dragon says that " his blood will be spilled on the black rock" or something. Shayol Ghul is the only place with black rocks, so...
Yeah, I know about that, but I can't really imganie it. I think the way he battled the Forsaken I think is Ishammael, is on proper way. or else he will be marching up to Shayol Gul and challangeing Shai'tan. Maybe he gets his hundred companions? I guess you guys know...

Quote:
Read ahead to find out!
yes! I ceartainly will!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #45
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
I think the way he battled the Forsaken I think is Ishammael, is on proper way. or else he will be marching up to Shayol Gul and challangeing Shai'tan.
But we are given the impression that Shayol Ghul is in a different plane of existence; you've started with the prologue to book 6, you should know! So I don't think that a battle at Shayol Ghul contradicts your imagination as to how the battle should be.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #46
Pytt

yeah, I have read that. I think I agree with you. I didn't think about it that way.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #47
Lenya
Elentári

Beren, you have an interesting idee of Tarmon Gai'don. I also think it will take place on more than one front, but not all over. I believe that it will only take place at 3 fronts - around Rand, Mat and Perrin. I don't think they will be together.

No, I believe Rand will survive it. Though I don't think he will ever quite recover of it - kind of like with the wound he has, but worse.

As for how many books, I heard it is 12. I haven't heard anything of a 13th book, but who knows. I just hope he will finish them before finishing his prologues.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:39 PM   #48
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenya
I believe that it will only take place at 3 fronts - around Rand, Mat and Perrin. I don't think they will be together.
No, I rather believe that each of these people will be on a certain "front" of the battle. And what about Nynaeve, Elayne and Egwene?
Old 01-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #49
Pytt

Quote:
Beren, you have an interesting idee of Tarmon Gai'don. I also think it will take place on more than one front, but not all over. I believe that it will only take place at 3 fronts - around Rand, Mat and Perrin. I don't think they will be together.

No, I believe Rand will survive it. Though I don't think he will ever quite recover of it - kind of like with the wound he has, but worse.
I don't think it will only be around the ta'veren. as Beren says, what about Egwene and that lot? But the main battle, the thing that counts, is with Rand and probabøy the two others. But if they will fight together or divided, I am not sure of.

What you said about him survive it, I began thinking of Frodo, and the Nazgul knife. it is kind of the same way.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #50
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
No, I rather believe that each of these people will be on a certain "front" of the battle. And what about Nynaeve, Elayne and Egwene?
Do you mean they will be together or apart? I meant together.

I think N & Elyne will be with Rand, maybe Egwene too - or she will be with Perrin. I think you know who I think Mat will be with, but I won't say it, cause it might just spoil something big for Pytt

Quote:
What you said about him survive it, I began thinking of Frodo, and the Nazgul knife. it is kind of the same way.
That's kind of true, I haven't thought about it. Except that Rand took his wound willingly. That was cool.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #51
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
That was cool.
I absolutely agree! I think it's especially cool that RJ calls it "sheathing the sword".
Old 01-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #52
Lenya
Elentári

Yeah I guess Rand isn't always an idiot. Sometimes he does the right things.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:25 AM   #53
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
I guess Rand isn't always an idiot
when does Rand act as an idiot???
Old 01-20-2005, 04:53 AM   #54
Lenya
Elentári

Always. He's to hot headed, he refuses to listen to advise, he is rather inconsiderate of other people's feelings and he does a lot of stuff just wrong. Oh, and he is incapable of trusting anyone. This might be kind of understanding due to the fact that he is the Dragon Reborn, but it isn't a very good excuse. He is still to difficult and he makes things so difficult for himself. Lets just say his not my favourite character.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:58 AM   #55
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Quote:
Always. He's to hot headed, he refuses to listen to advise, he is rather inconsiderate of other people's feelings and he does a lot of stuff just wrong. Oh, and he is incapable of trusting anyone. This might be kind of understanding due to the fact that he is the Dragon Reborn, but it isn't a very good excuse. He is still to difficult and he makes things so difficult for himself. Lets just say his not my favourite character.
Just give me some time to gather up my quotes and I'll disprove you!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:15 AM   #56
Lenya
Elentári

That's fine with me. I'll still stick with my decision
Old 01-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #57
Pytt

Quote:
Do you mean they will be together or apart? I meant together.

I think N & Elyne will be with Rand, maybe Egwene too - or she will be with Perrin. I think you know who I think Mat will be with, but I won't say it, cause it might just spoil something big for Pytt
Thanks for that

Quote:
That's kind of true, I haven't thought about it. Except that Rand took his wound willingly. That was cool.
yeah, and as you said that he called it "sheating the sword". that was cool.

Quote:
I think you are wrong. not completely, he is in fact a bit stupid sometimes.
He need to trust his own judgements, and he lsten to advise too. But it isn't everyone he can trust, which I support him in. Look how Moiraine behaved the first time they were together. it wasn't until the end he learned to trust her, and she said never to trust an Aes Sedai, so I think he does the right thing.
He does think about it sometimes, about those letters Elayne wrote, and Min, who isn't laughing at him and calling him fool all of the time, and Avihenda who showed her true self. How can you accept he should handel? I mean, he has the whole band of Forsakens to crush!
and as you say, he is the Dragon Reborn. he hear the voice of Lews Therin inside his head.
I don't know if he is my fav character, but I like him alot. he is cool, and there is something about him.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:27 AM   #58
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
I think you are wrong. not completely, he is in fact a bit stupid sometimes.
He need to trust his own judgements, and he lsten to advise too. But it isn't everyone he can trust, which I support him in. Look how Moiraine behaved the first time they were together. it wasn't until the end he learned to trust her, and she said never to trust an Aes Sedai, so I think he does the right thing.
He does think about it sometimes, about those letters Elayne wrote, and Min, who isn't laughing at him and calling him fool all of the time, and Avihenda who showed her true self. How can you accept he should handel? I mean, he has the whole band of Forsakens to crush!
and as you say, he is the Dragon Reborn. he hear the voice of Lews Therin inside his head.
I don't know if he is my fav character, but I like him alot. he is cool, and there is something about him.
He doesn't have to do as they say, but he should at least pretend to listen to them and not act childish when they do make him listen to them. At least he listens to Ruac and Bashere. As for me, I wouldn't be able to survive a week with him.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #59
Beren3000
Fëanorophobic

Lenya, as regards Rand being stupid: I don't have any quotes unfortunately (too lazy to dig them up ), but I'll cite some evidence to his favor anyway:

-He outwits Lanfear and Asmodean both.
-He catches Rahvin by surprise
-About his sullenness: who wouldn't be sullen around Nynaeve, Elayne and any other woman in RJ's world? I mean, if I met someone like Nynaeve in real life, it'd be all I can do not to beat the crap out of her!
-Sure he can get proud, self-absorbed, morbid, etc... at times but look what he's facing! He has to wake up everyday to a guilty conscience concerning the people he caused to die, he's fighting madness and he's almost certain he's going to have to die for all the world.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #60
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
Lenya, as regards Rand being stupid: I don't have any quotes unfortunately (too lazy to dig them up ), but I'll cite some evidence to his favor anyway:

-He outwits Lanfear and Asmodean both.
-He catches Rahvin by surprise
-About his sullenness: who wouldn't be sullen around Nynaeve, Elayne and any other woman in RJ's world? I mean, if I met someone like Nynaeve in real life, it'd be all I can do not to beat the crap out of her!
-Sure he can get proud, self-absorbed, morbid, etc... at times but look what he's facing! He has to wake up everyday to a guilty conscience concerning the people he caused to die, he's fighting madness and he's almost certain he's going to have to die for all the world.
- Lanfear and Asmodean were both so instensely absorbed in their own worlds that abselutely anyone could take advantage of them. Take for example Asmodean: al he could think of was getting inside the city that he got completely careless (always walking around it) and he trusted Lanfear. That's a no no. I must say he had guts not falling for Lanfear.

-As for Rahvin, that was good. I'll give him that.

-he isn't always around those women and I think he should just get his attitude changed about them.

-There's no excuse for being proud and self-absorbed, at least not all the time. He should be able to handle that if he tries.

-and as for morbid, that's fine. He just shouldn't sulk.