Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2002, 01:14 PM   #1
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
having just finished reading the forth book (in 2 days i might add ) i felt it was defintally the best book and the ending just leaves you gasping for more. so many questions to be answered.
do we know what the next book is about exctally?
Really? I hate that ending becuase it is not an ending in my opinion. But still. The fifth book is indeed 38 chapters long, and....JKR HAS SAID IT WILL BE AT THE PUBLISHERS BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. *happy dance* Okay, so it'll be about 5 months everyone. That's the recent news.

Quote:
I mean have you seen some of the matchups? I think my favorite ones right now are h/d and hr/r
I love H/D! YAY! I hate H/Hr. But i very much doubt there will be any H/D in the actual books. JKR wouldn't traumatise all those innocent young minds out there, imagine the films...or don't. *smacks self for distubing ppl* But ypu're right, some of the fanfic match ups are getting to be wrong. Sick and wrong. *mind wanders to LM/HP and F/G....nooooooo*

Ahem. 5 months

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:19 PM   #2
Sween
im quite stupid

correst me if im wrong but christmas is 2 mouths away
Old 11-12-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow
well... cedric's out of the way now... time for Harry to make his move on Cho but you just know he'll botch it (at first) then they'll get along.

I wouldn't mind a huge book. It'd give us something to read while we wait another five years for book 6 .
You hit the nail right on the head, CEDRIC, I don't think Harry is going to go any where NEAR Cho.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:33 PM   #4
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Okay, I give up what F/G and notice the way the opinions are. You DIDN't say that ss/hp was the worst.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:39 PM   #5
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

There is no way Harry's going to get anywhere near what he wants with Cho. If anything, it just wouldn't work simply on the basis of Cedric's death. That kind of thing never works and never will.

Also. There is no way Dumbledore is evil. Those of you who think he is? I think you guys are weighing a meticulous (mis)interpretation of ONE LINE in the book against ALL logical sense in the saga... and despite the fact that the books get twisty sometimes, I think logical sense wins this battle.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:15 AM   #6
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
correst me if im wrong but christmas is 2 mouths away
you are indeed correct, Sween. Christmas is 2 moNths away. However, the publisher's website, www.bloomsburymagazine.com/harrypotter/ states that after submission to the publisher, it still takes another 5 monthes for a book to hit the shelves. By my count, this makes the wait nearly 7 months.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 12:51 PM   #7
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
you are indeed correct, Sween. Christmas is 2 moNths away. However, the publisher's website, www.bloomsburymagazine.com/harrypotter/ states that after submission to the publisher, it still takes another 5 monthes for a book to hit the shelves. By my count, this makes the wait nearly 7 months.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i see
Old 11-17-2002, 02:58 PM   #8
Elfmaster XK

At least we have a release date! So who do you all think she's going to kill then? She said a bad death that she didn't enjoy writing, as it was one of her fav. characters! I'm anxious now that it might be one of the twins! I really hope it's not, that would be so sad, because it would destroy the other twin too. However, most people think it will be Hagrid. Any opinions? Anyone else read about this?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 11-17-2002, 03:22 PM   #9
Sween
im quite stupid

if you kill one of the twins you got to kill them both. Hadgrid would be a good one could be killed by them nasty giants.

i really dont have a clue who they will kill off. I think she was running out of hagrid story lines as well.

You can pretty sure that ron and harmoine will not be killed as well. could be someone like nevill.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #10
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

No, not Neville. He's still got too much background and storyline involving him for him to die. Hagrid would be the logical choice, or one of the twins (It doesn't have to be both).
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 PM   #11
Elfmaster XK

As long as it's not Draco i don't care Nah, only kidding, i don't think he's a character particularly loved by JK, and so she wouldn't have a tough time killing him. Anyway, i really don't want Fred or George to die, because think of the suffering it would cause the other one. However, it is possible, because it's their last year there, so after this they go out of the story a bit into the background like Percy, Bill, and Charlie. It would be upsetting for everyone!

I think HaGRID is a good choice because he's played a large part in Harry's life up to now, when he had no one like that to care for him before, and JK has said before now that Hagrid is one of her fav. charas. So...*shrugs* Dunno, makes sense. I do think by book 7 Harry will be dead. Poor kid.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 11-18-2002, 01:17 PM   #12
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
As long as it's not Draco i don't care Nah, only kidding, i don't think he's a character particularly loved by JK, and so she wouldn't have a tough time killing him. Anyway, i really don't want Fred or George to die, because think of the suffering it would cause the other one. However, it is possible, because it's their last year there, so after this they go out of the story a bit into the background like Percy, Bill, and Charlie. It would be upsetting for everyone!

I think HaGRID is a good choice because he's played a large part in Harry's life up to now, when he had no one like that to care for him before, and JK has said before now that Hagrid is one of her fav. charas. So...*shrugs* Dunno, makes sense. I do think by book 7 Harry will be dead. Poor kid.
dont be silly love they cannot kill harry it will be a happy ending in the end
Old 11-18-2002, 01:41 PM   #13
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
dont be silly love they cannot kill harry it will be a happy ending in the end
What can i say, i'm a cynical kinda gal, and i think harry should die in the end. I love him cause he's harry, but i still think he'll die! A happy ending would be nice i guess though!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 11-18-2002, 01:44 PM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

i personally think we will get 'harry potter the college years'
Old 11-19-2002, 01:44 AM   #15
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I have another reason I've thought of why Dumbledor isn't likely to be bad.

I think he's too obvious. Most fans I think have now considered the possibility, whether they heard the rumor from someone else or thought it up on their own. Scabbers and Quirrel weren't very likely to be suspected at all. Moody and Riddle were also rather unlikely, but perhaps more guessable than the other two.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:26 AM   #16
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
There is no way Dumbledore is evil. Those of you who think he is? I think you guys are weighing a meticulous (mis)interpretation of ONE LINE in the book against ALL logical sense in the saga... and despite the fact that the books get twisty sometimes, I think logical sense wins this battle.
I agree.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:55 AM   #17
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
i personally think we will get 'harry potter the college years'
That, Sween is exactly why i want him to die. I don't want JK to suddenly decide after seven books she needs to add more to her billions of pounds, and write another book, that will be crap, but the fans will buy it anyway...gah! I hate it when they do that, it's just mean. So yeah, sorry Harry, but DIE!!!

Dumbledore may or may not be evil. But whichever he is, i think he will be dead by the end of the series...yes, if i had my way lots of people would end up dead. It's my lioking for dark fiction. But still, JK has said before now that the series has its dark and light points. So far the books have got slowly darker...so is it getting worse?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 11-20-2002, 02:24 PM   #18
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I've heard rumours that she might be writing a couple more books. I'm with you on this XK, it would probably be a case of overkill.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:39 PM   #19
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I don't think those rumours have any basis, unless they refer to more "supplementary" books like the existing Quidditch Through The Ages and Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. (I personally wouldn't mind seeing a copy of Charm Your Own Cheese...)
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 05:19 PM   #20
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I think J.K. Rowling might do something unexpected and make Dumbledor live . He might get wounded in the last battle, but I just can't see him dying and Harry Potter taking his place as headmaster.