Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2002, 03:22 AM   #1
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
I also heard that #5 will be the scariest one yet. #4 was a little too creepy, especially at the end.*shivers* Also that Harry will learn alot more about himself then he has already.

I wonder what the next DadA teacher will be. A woman this time perhaps?*looks at list*

Werewolf: Check
Criminal: Check
Friend of Voldemort: Check
Celebrity: Check *tries to keep from remembering.....Lockheart.....* Someone needs to come up with a disgusted smiley.

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 04:34 AM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Lockheart was funny. I loved it how in the first class he had that covered cage, and made it out that there was a ferocious monster inside, and after all that build up, it was... pixies.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:54 PM   #3
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Lockheart WAS funny!-- infuriatingly so...... It was so annoying the way he kept patronizing Harry.
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 12:01 AM   #4
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

Well i just hope she makes book 5 a decent length, i am really anxious to know how everyone did on the jobs dumbledore gave them in the end of TGoF

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #5
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Well it certainly wont be Snape (who is defiatly the sexiest character), all that bull sh...(well I don't want to be rude) all that rubbish about him wanting it! Pathetic, isn't it obvious to anyone with half a brain that he loves Potions.
Book 5 will defiatly be scarier than book 4. Probably the death of another main character - smart money is on Hagrid.
Play Girl
xxx

Frodo lives!
Play Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 02:11 PM   #6
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Play Girl
Well it certainly wont be Snape (who is defiatly the sexiest character), all that bull sh...(well I don't want to be rude) all that rubbish about him wanting it! Pathetic, isn't it obvious to anyone with half a brain that he loves Potions.
Book 5 will defiatly be scarier than book 4. Probably the death of another main character - smart money is on Hagrid.
Play Girl
xxx
Or Dumbledore, though I think she'll kill him off in Book7....

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 05:14 PM   #7
BeardofPants
the Shrike

And there will be a major double cross not forseen. Perhaps it could even be dumbledore?
Old 09-05-2002, 05:21 PM   #8
entss89
lord of the ents

HI

I REALLY BELIEVE IT IS COMMIN IN ON 2003! I CANT WAIT!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:36 PM   #9
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

man i would tweak out all over the place if dumbledore was a bad guy, i mean i dont know if i could handle it. i really dont think(and hope) that hagrid doesnt die. its hard to pick a character for possible death, of course i wish crab or goyle will die but that would be kind of dumb if a non likable character dies. i dont think another student will die either, maybe a teacher or even better, mrs dursley

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:28 PM   #10
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
And there will be a major double cross not forseen. Perhaps it could even be dumbledore?
I think it might be...first, it would be the least suspected (except by smart people such as ourselves ) and second, I don't remember the exact words, but he goes a bit strange in the end of book 4. Something about a triumphant gleam in his eye when Harry says something about Voldemort being back...er, I don't remember at all, really. Does anyone else know what line I'm talking about?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 05:59 PM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
I think it might be...first, it would be the least suspected (except by smart people such as ourselves ) and second, I don't remember the exact words, but he goes a bit strange in the end of book 4. Something about a triumphant gleam in his eye when Harry says something about Voldemort being back...er, I don't remember at all, really. Does anyone else know what line I'm talking about?
Yeah, there is a gleam of triumph in his eyes, that Harry notes, before he goes back to slumping in defeat and worry. Good point, EG. I always thought it meant that Dumbledore spotted a weakness with Voldemort's plan.... but it could be a double-cross!
Old 09-07-2002, 09:13 AM   #12
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I hope Dumbledore doesn't turn out to be evil, it would be like Gandalf suddenly joining Sauron. I think one of the Wealeys will die, maybe Ron eventually, but not in the next book. At least we know Harry has to survive for at least three books!
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 11:42 AM   #13
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Completly on the other hand, but hay that is my speciality, does anyone think that Snape had a bit of an unrequited crush on Lily , harrys mum, when he was at school. I have a very strong hunch and he never has mentioned her but seems to love trashing James.
luv
Play Girl
xxx
(who can't wait for PoA to come out at the cinema so I can see Alan Rickman strut about in Drag!)

Frodo lives!
Old 09-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #14
TinuvielChild
Padawan

yay! Play Girl, Snape is so hot! I found the awesomest picture of him, except it's not Alan Rickman, it's some model or other who looks like Snape does over the summer (i.e., tan, built, totally hot...)....anyway. My take on book 5? Go read "Reason #287 Why Book 5 is so slow, or, How I Suppress my Inner Slasher, by J.K. Rowling" on Riddikulus, by Abaddon. I agree. It's hilarious, and it makes perfect sense, neh? Eh well, we all know that I'm an avid Draco/Harry shipper. All aboard for the S.S. Guns & Handcuffs!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:22 AM   #15
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
She kills off anybody I like alot, I sue!

I definently think Dumbldore is a good guy! He's just about the only person I like, as all the others doe not think before they act. He actually reminds me of Gandalf sometimes.

It was just plain CRUEL, the way Mrs. Rowling killed Cedric. Just when you started to get a glimpse of his personality and think,"Hey! He's not so bad after all....." , then he dies!

Also, Harry, Ron,and Hermione are NOT allowed to die! It could be that Dumbledore or Snape dies defeating Voldemort. But then that would take the glory away from Harry, so I'm not sure what I would prefer.....

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 12:08 PM   #16
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Hey! I heard it's coming this christmas! YAY!!!

It better had now i've said that.

I think that in the end Harry should die, then she can't go of on one of those 'i want more money' stages and writes for the hell of it. People then buy it cause its HP (not sauce) and get mad. That annoys me. So he should die, sorry Harry. I like other people better anyway Oh and don't kill me for saying that Ringbearer!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 03:14 PM   #17
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

I don't think it will be out till next summer, but then again what would I know. I think Snape is so hot as well. All my friends think I am a freak and say Oh my god he is a greasy git! but I say Yes but a simple shower would sort that out "mmmm". Defiatly think Harrys gona die, Hagrid as well.
I really really hope Lupin comes back in book 5, I heard a rumer that he does. I liked that werewolf.
Cant think of any more predictions right now but I'll get back to you.
Play Girl
xxx

(who wont be joining the SS Guns and Handcuffs because she is a good clean girl who likes good clean fun. Unless of cource thats Snape I spy? Let me on, let me on!)

ps where is that pic of Snape TinuvielChild?

Frodo lives!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:12 PM   #18
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The end of Goblet of Fire suggests that Lupin will very likely return, as Dumbledore sends Sirius to get him.

Arabella Figg will probably show up more prominently... I think it's pretty clear that she's the "Mrs. Figg" with the cats mentioned in Philosopher's Stone, and probably has something to do with Harry's apparent protection on Privet Drive.

And... anybody have any idea as to who Mundungus Fletcher may be?

As for who will die: I'm just wondering if that will at all parallel a sacrifice made in a certain chess game. And in addition to that, sometime in 5 or 6, I think Cho Chang is already marked for death just by association. And for Harry, it's going to suck.

Dumbledore is not a traitor. I can say that with 100% confidence. You can come back at me and say that there's no way I can know for sure, but quite frankly, the probability of this happening is nil. The whole "gleam of triumph" thing is most likely because upon hearing Harry's story, he noted something that could lead to Voldemort's downfall.

Other issues to consider:
1) The clear parallel between Peter Pettigrew and Neville Longbottom... will this be exploited at all?
2) Are the Dursleys ever going to be involved in any of this?
3) The Weasley/Malfoy feud... is it going to become more important?
4) What in the world is Snape up to?

Just some random thoughts...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:27 PM   #19
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by IP
And... anybody have any idea as to who Mundungus Fletcher may be?

As for who will die: I'm just wondering if that will at all parallel a sacrifice made in a certain chess game. And in addition to that, sometime in 5 or 6, I think Cho Chang is already marked for death just by association. And for Harry, it's going to suck.
I think Mundungus Fletcher is the one McGonagal says in the beginning that did the fireworks and the falling stars. she was mad on him...

I think you could be right about Cho Chang. and that would be nasty if Rowling will do that...
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:51 PM   #20
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
I think Mundungus Fletcher is the one McGonagal says in the beginning that did the fireworks and the falling stars. she was mad on him...
Wasn't that Dedalus Diggle of my very own county of Kent? As in "I bet that was Dedalus Diggle - he never had much sense" (I'm quoting from memory)?
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote