Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Fellowship of the ringwraiths discussion thread

Well apologies to anyone who was awaiting my first thread to be about clowns, crowns or big ears etc but here it is: born out of necessity: it is the

Fellowship of the Ringwraiths discussion thread

an RPG that more than any other will need a discussion thread!

Let battle and wit and witty battle and fun, games and cutting edge controversy commence. Cry havoc and let loose the wraiths of hazard!

Hum along all:
" Just the good ol' boys... never meaning no harm!"

Please feel free to view the relavant threads for relevance: please check with Gordis and CS and also Olmer and TD and Lotesse many others etc as to details but i see this being an interesting fast-paced mix of humour, alternative history and serious (in- context of the rpg of course) wraith centred alternate history of the search for the ring

i look forward specifically to the last two books and gordis's PJ-style direction here (i am relying on our erstwhile producer Crazy squirrel here for some serious objective input and counter balance)

Look forward to your input here all: how do you want us to start Gordis / crazy squirrel?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks for opening this thread, Butterbeer!

I was bold enough to post the beginning. It looks like Crazy Squirrel is not online. Or is she invisible? Are you there CS?

I am sorry if it is not as funny as I wanted it to be. But anyway, please, continue!
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

you kidding? thats a cracker of a start!

Excellent

i'm going to try to insert anything topical (or not ) from other threads as much as i can so will now introduce an email from ask gollum - please let me know ( by email of course) if theres a problem with this appraoch.

best
BB
Old 05-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks for your compliment on the beginning, Butterbeer.
I liked your part also. Nice and funny. I think we can adjust the styles later to make it more uniform. I have a feeling that we should keep the modern days things to a minimum, and the language more standard, otherwise it will be too like the Lyrd thread. Moreover, I will not be able to keep up, as English is not even my second language.

I am postuing another piece, that I have written while you were typing yours. So the styles are different. And I have problem with Ringwraith's names.
I used temporary names:
1- WK
2-Khamul
3-Gothmog
4- Mor
5-
6- Lily
7 -Gor
8 -
9 - Vin
And I made Lil, Gor and Vin girls. I don't think there were any female nazgul, but I feel it will be funnier that way. You have to be Tolkien to make adventures of a 100 percent male fellowship interesting.

But if you disagree, we can change that.
Best,
Gordis
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:54 AM   #5
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Maybe we could have one of them as just 'Number 8' or 'Number 5'. They could keep moaning that Sauron never named them etc. What do you think?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 05:20 AM   #6
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Good idea TD: could be much scope there: also its true we do not know their names so we should investigate this!

Yuo're right Gordis i was thinking the same: we should avoid going down the Lyrd route: this is a new and different RPG: and will take more resaerch perhaps in some places, though it can be light and funny too.

Like the idea of some chicks on the cruise! Plenty of scope for writing in some long delays setting off!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

well, i have made a start on the debauched champers party

and, i have been down ye olde pub all day, celebrating the fact that my last exams were yesterday, start second year of A Levels week after next week now
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote