Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
Merlin
Hobbit

Gandalf How Many Times is Everybody Planning on Watching this Movie?

I know this must be a wonderful movie, but how many times are you going to watch it? I know I'll probably like it too. ( I haven't seen it yet) I am probably going to see it tomorrow, Christmas Eve. I know it's probably going to be packed with that wierdos, but isn't that the case with every good movie? Like we went and saw Th Fellowship of the Ring and there was this guy behind us, short, greasy, long grey pony-tail, most likely a Star Wars freak too I'm guessing. Saying, no shouting, Cool do it again! everytime something happened. I'm only going to see this once thats as many hours as I can sit in front of a T.V. Maybe even less.

Last edited by Merlin : 12-23-2002 at 08:23 PM.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I went to see the Fellowship of the Ring once, and then bought the dvd and watched it several times. I have seen the TT once, and am going to go see it again tomorrow. I plan on seeing it once more after that with a friend of mine that it trying to get into the books.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Well having seen the Fellowship countless times in the cinema then on dvd I intend to see this film at least nine times before it closes- I'm doing it for the fellowship, once for every member. I haven't got bored of FOTR after seeing it so many times and I prefered TTT so I'll probably see it more often- hey there's nothing else to do in this two story town! Mx
Old 12-23-2002, 09:16 PM   #4
Ben
Retired Ent

I saw FotR 4 times in the theater (thrice in December, and then once again when the TTT preview came out in March), once with the regular DVD and once with the extended DVD.

I've already seen TTT twice, and hope to see it more times than FotR, just to help the cause. (We can beat Spiderman! )

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 10:23 PM   #5
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I've seen FOTR 9 times on the big screen (1 for each nazgul ring)and countless times on the regular DVD and probably more times on the extended DVD when it arrives on thursday (yay!!).

I'll probably see TTT a total of 10 times in the cinema (the 9 plus the One Ring).

Then next yr will see me buying another 10 tickets for myself (the 3 elven rings plus 7 for the dwarves).

It's great to live in a country which sells tickets for 1 to 2US$ each.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 12:19 AM   #6
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

i've already seen it THRICE!

Lol, i hope to see it atleast 6 times, atleast! hehehe. The first time was on opening day with my really good friends whom are also into lotr except maybe Gavin, he came along cause his girlfriend was one of us. Then on friday i saw it with two of the same good friends but 6 new ones, and today i saw it with my dad! I plan on seeing it with my best bud on Thursday and then with my sister some other day. I need an excuse to see it for the sixth tiem though, lol, hehehe....

She looked over the hall way doors, and noticed him there. It was odd, for she had never met anyone like him. And she never expected she would again.
AngieBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 04:54 AM   #7
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
I've seen it three times too!!

Ill probably end up seeing it about 111!!!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 12:46 PM   #8
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I saw FotR sixteen times in the theater, and I won't even count video viewings. So far I have seen The Two Towers twice.

I'm thinking I will be seeing it with some friends in the next few weeks, then maybe once again alone, and that will be it. I will certainly be purchasing the video and extended edition (you're welcome, Peter!).

Who knows why less enthusiasm to see this one over and over and over.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #9
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Saw FoTR once, and thought it only fair. Got the extended DVD and liked it slightly better after several viewings. But I seriously think I'm gonna skip TTT... Just doesn't sound like my kind of movie -- too much emphasis on the action and not enough on the psychology of the characters. Although I'll probably get the extended DVD and see it then.
Old 12-24-2002, 02:14 PM   #10
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by bmilder
I've already seen TTT twice, and hope to see it more times than FotR, just to help the cause. (We can beat Spiderman! )
I agree with bmilder! Spider-man was agreat movie, But LotR is so much better. Also, I'm going to support a good film like this when it comes out in the theatres. I saw it three times opening week(Midnight showing, Thusday night and Saturday night) and I'm ging to see it as many time as my budget will allow.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:24 PM   #11
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I saw the FOTR about 14 times at the cinema!! and many more times at home!!
So far I have seen TTT twice! I will probaby see this quite a few more times!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:48 PM   #12
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
I haven't seen TTT (I wish I had my liscense!!!) But I hope to see it 119 times
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2002, 02:50 PM   #13
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Wow!! 119!! I want to see it that many times!!!!!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 10:06 AM   #14
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

i'm gonna try and see it...as many times as possible (twice, at least)
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 11:06 AM   #15
Millane
The Dude

well im planning on seeing it if it ever comes out in aust. nah its only a little over 8 hours now... o probly should go now its 2 and i know i have to watch the fellowship (at least amon hen scene) and if i dont go to sleep ill crack the***** tommorrer... i mean today hehehhe... yeah ill probly go see it twice tommorrer then tommorrer night they have FotR and TTT on in one and we were planning on doing that but might aswell see TT another couple of times instead...
Old 12-25-2002, 11:14 AM   #16
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I saw FOTR about 5 or 6 times in theater. Frankly I lost count somewhere. As matters are now I doubt that I'll see TTT more than 3 times in theater.
Old 12-25-2002, 03:19 PM   #17
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Gandalf

I saw fotr 3 times in the theater, and 10 times since I got the DVD, on August 8th. (My friends and I watch it at every sleep over.) So far I have seen TTT 3 times in the theater. I will probobly see it agin though...

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 03:59 PM   #18
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, I saw the TT again Xmas eve. It was wonderful. I still love the Elves coming to Helms Deep, my favorite part. They were so fair and beautiful with their beautiful bows. I thought, "All these beautiful people that are going to be slaughtered" So sad.

A fantastic movie, that I hope to see at the theatre at least once more.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #19
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
All depends on how many times my $54.50 will let me. I'm hoping somewhere in the teen area. More'n last year...only 9 times in theater for FOTR...sigh.
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 07:42 PM   #20
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I saw FotR only once in theaters because I was poor. I've seen TTT once so far, and I'll probably see it again over the holidays, but I would say no more than 3 times in theaters, because I am still poor!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote