Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2003, 11:12 PM   #1
Evenstar1069
Sapling

Strider The passing of the elves song

Hi I'm new and I'm sure I'll have fun here. Does anyone know where I can find the song from the extended FOTR dvd where the elves are leaving and Sam talks about how it makes him sad? I'm a geek and I want that song lol. Thanks.
Evenstar1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

It is included on The Two Towers soundtrack special edition cd. Just make sure you get the one with bonus track 20 on it. It's called Farewell to Lorien (I think that's the song you mean).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

That is not the Passing of the Elves song. I want it, too. We're looking for a sound-only version of the music in the new scene on the extended DVD before Frodo and Sam meet up with Merry and Pippin. The first night scene.

And if there's a Tom Bombadil song... hehehee
Old 01-21-2003, 05:19 PM   #4
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Noooo.... Bombadil rules.....

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 05:29 PM   #5
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Oh, I agree! I just lament the loss of all those great song oppotunities. Heck I can barely make out what Aragorn is muttering, and it's one of my favorite poem bits in the book!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:33 PM   #6
Gwaimir Windgem

I would have thought that knowing how much Tolkienites like TB, he would have included him in the extended editio, but no...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-21-2003, 05:40 PM   #7
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Yeah, it's not enough to say you despise what Saruman is doing to the trees, you have to also love Tom! The two ideas must be together.

But we are straying from the search for that cool track. It was music that Shore wrote after the movie for use only in the Extended edition.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:52 PM   #8
Gwaimir Windgem

Yes, that's what I was just thinking. "We're pretty off-topic already..."

Anyway, carry on.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #9
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

i want the drunken hobbits song that merry and pippin sing. that would be awesome! if they made a cd of the extra music in all the extended dvd's, then i would buy it.

does anyone know where to get the extended version of the TT soundtrack? i want song #20 and bought the cd without knowing there was an extended edition
Old 01-21-2003, 11:13 PM   #10
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Hehehe... I've memorized that song. If you just want the lyrics, I can type them in right now or PM them to you.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 11:40 PM   #11
azalea
Long lost mooter

Aw, bum, why in the world wouldn't they have put that on there, too?! I love that one! It'll probably be included on some other thing to make us part with even more of our money, and of course we MUST buy it .
Old 01-22-2003, 04:20 AM   #12
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Re: The passing of the elves song

Isn't that song a moll-variety of the Rivendell-theme?

I've just ordered the soundtrack from both FotR and TTT. What a pity if that song isn't included. It was beautiful, although sad.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:50 PM   #13
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Re: Re: The passing of the elves song

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
I've just ordered the soundtrack from both FotR and TTT.
I downloaded mine
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:38 PM   #14
Artanis

Re: Re: Re: The passing of the elves song

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I downloaded mine
How great! Are you not going to tell us where from?
Old 01-25-2003, 04:50 PM   #15
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Re: Re: Re: Re: The passing of the elves song

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
How great! Are you not going to tell us where from?
Well I use the program, kazaa lite to download mp3's and stuff, so go here to download it, http://free.hostdepartment.com/k/kazaalitetk/

Then just search for it and voila!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-25-2003, 10:27 PM   #16
azalea
Long lost mooter

Are you talking about the Passing of the Elves song or the soundtracks?
Old 01-25-2003, 10:34 PM   #17
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Are you talking about the Passing of the Elves song or the soundtracks?
Soundtracks

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2003, 04:13 PM   #18
Artanis

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Well I use the program, kazaa lite to download mp3's and stuff, so go here to download it
Darn thing won't run with Linux
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #19
galadriel96
Sapling

For those of you looking for the song The Passing of the Elves, I found a site that has the song, though it sounds like it was recorded from the movie. If you'd like it, go to this web site and look for the song The Passing of the Elves: http://www.sa-matra.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lotr/. The site also has other songs from the extended version that is not included on the soundtracks.
galadriel96 is offline   Reply With Quote