Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Gandalf Smelly Fellowship

Have you ever thought of the fact that every member of the fellowship has to smell badly.
I mean with their small bundles they can't have some extra clothes with them and they don't seem to wash themselves too often.
And their hair. Think about their hair. It has to be very, very greasy.
The only fellowship member who may be clean and not smelly is Legolas.
What's your opinion about that? How did they handle the smell?
Old 03-07-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I think they just left the smell the way it was so by scent, they're indistinguishable from orcs...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
Old 03-07-2003, 02:24 PM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I would imagine that as many lakes and streams that they passed in their journeys, they would have had ample opprtunity to bath on occassion.

I am going to close this, because it has already been discussed OT in the Middle-earth forum.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread