Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-25-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i just saw a play of the hobbit!

i just saw a play of the hobbit a few days ago! it was really good.the best actors were bilbo gandalf and gollum .golluws voice was just like andy serkes.it was so awsome!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:39 PM   #2
Anadriewen
Enting

Koolies!
Old 02-28-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I've seen a play of the Hobbit too! It was so cool, Gandalf had to wear stilts to be taller than all the other actors.

I don't think anyone who hadn't read the book understood it though. Smaug was awesome, he was this huge puppet who's body was partially concealed by a mound of treasure, with a moving head, tail and wings! His voice was awesome, done over the speaker system. Even people who couldn't follow the plot liked Smaug. They cut most of Mirkwood out though, no Thranduil or imprisonment.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I've seen The Hobbit as a play as well - Smaug was brilliant - he was this HUGE woodern head and neck and they moved it around - from side to side and up and down that sorta thing - it was really realistic.
They included the Mirkwood parts as well, which was good. In fact it was all good.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I've performed in the the Hobbit as a play, our Smaug was a large puppet with several pieces held by the eight female members of the ensemble and we did the voice as a chorus. And to make it even more fun, our costumes for Smaug were fishnets and sequined wrap-around skirts with assorted shirts in red and black and we played Smaug as a female. It was fun.
We didn't bother with the heights though, Bilbo, Thorin and Gandalf were the tallest actors in the cast, I don't think any of the elves were over 5'5".
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Ive heard of a play being done anywhere in the UK. Strange. Wish it was done over here. Maybe it will be done alot at Christmas since there wont be another movie to look forward too...

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote