Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2002, 07:21 PM   #1
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Weird Dreams....

Anyone ever get those really weird dreams that either:
a) feel really real and you can't get back to sleep.
b) are so bizarre you wonder what realm of your psyche they come from and wish they hadn't.
c) anything else you guys can think of?

I had the weirdest last night. Woke up and thought someone or something was pinning me to the bed. Threw the covers off and ran to the door screaming my head off but by the time I got there (i.e. 2 paces later, my rooms tiny) I couldn't remember what I was screaming the place down for and there was nothing in my room. The funny thing was my Mum woke up and was all worried but my Pa and bro slept through it- I could have been being murdered and they slept through it!!!!!!! Tend to have very scary dreams about Ringwraiths too- what about you guys or do I need to see a shrink? Mx
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:48 PM   #2
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Trust me, you don't want to know.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:24 PM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Tend to have very scary dreams about Ringwraiths too
Is this from too many trips to the theatre, or eyeballing that dvd too much?

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 03:05 AM   #4
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Last night I dreamed that it was December 18 and went to the theater to see TTT. Nearly everyone in that entire theater was a Tolkienite (there were about three so-called normal people). Not all the Tolkienites were human -- some were, but others were hobbits, elves, dwarves, Ents, and even Nazgul. We all (except "norms") had One Ring replicas, but the dwarves kept stealing the Nazguls' replicas and smashing them to bits. Everyone ('cept "norms") shouted "Hasty orcs!" through the entire film, and we frightened the "normal people" away.

Never had a scary dream about Ringwraiths, did dream Sauron was working in my garage ...
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
Miranda

Is this from too many trips to the theatre, or eyeballing that dvd too much?

Actually probably a bit of both!!!! I saw LOTR 14 times at the cinema. We went every tuesday after lunch because it was cheap at the cinema and there was barely anyone there so we could have a bit of a yell at the nasty orcs and the big bad Balrog!!!! I'm a big DVD watcher as well- although my baby bro has nicked it at the mo to watch SWep2! Had no dreams last night because I didn't sleep a wink!!! Too busy thinking about the world and all the wrongs. Watching LOTR extended tonight for the first time so should be having sweet, sweet dreams involving a certain elf prince... Mx
Old 11-16-2002, 02:43 PM   #6
Charlotte
Sapling

god those were the days hey miranda? reciting the lines word by word, or how about the time when me u and sarah got shouted at by that guy sitting in front of us
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 02:51 PM   #7
Miranda

I remember. We were fighting over whether the elves behind Haldir in Lothlorien were men or women dring the really late creds (e.g bloke who got PJ a cup of tea on day 367 of filming) and he just turned around and had a go at us. Do you remember all of us lined up at the back with our feet on the seats in front and then you all yelling at me for launching into my I amar prestar aen... bit and then hugging eachother when we were bawling about Gandalf etc? I was always the first to cry. So many memories- more from TTT I expect. Probably dream about guy walking through steps instead of Legolas now though! Tee Hee Mx
Old 11-17-2002, 12:37 AM   #8
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

You think you have weird dreams? My Japanese teacher has been stalking me in mine! Seriously, the first time she turned up (about hobbit-sized) she was pointing a gun at me!!! And other times she just turned up, or she was on camp with me and the Fellowship of the Ring and the hobbits went swimming in an ankle-deep puddle!
And I had a dream once that turned out as a cliffhanger episode of the X-Files. Serious! Mulder was DEAD! And he'd tackled this spiny swamp-thing! And I'm way on a sugar high!
There was a Stargate SG1 dream too... weird, weird, weird...
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:45 AM   #9
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I'm glad I don't remember my wierd dreams or I would probably go insane (although some might say I am already). I have really sad dreams and then wake up and cry for about five minutes. Actually, Lanelf, I wouldn't mind having a Mulder dream, since he isn't on the X-files (yet!).
Old 11-17-2002, 01:38 AM   #10
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I once had a really lunatical LoTR dream. In the dream, my family started watching The Two Towers without me. I was furious, and came in in the middle and decided to watch it anyway.

In it, the Balrog was fighting with the whole fellowship, but then Gimli changed sides and started fighting against the fellowship too. And then the fellowship and Balrog stopped fighting and the Balrog let the company pass by him.

When I woke up, I was really glad the real movie wouldn't be like that.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 02:19 AM   #11
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Lief Erikson
I once had a really lunatical LoTR dream. In the dream, my family started watching The Two Towers without me. I was furious, and came in in the middle and decided to watch it anyway.

In it, the Balrog was fighting with the whole fellowship, but then Gimli changed sides and started fighting against the fellowship too. And then the fellowship and Balrog stopped fighting and the Balrog let the company pass by him.

When I woke up, I was really glad the real movie wouldn't be like that.
*pictures that scene in TTT; isn't sure whether to laugh or cry*

Hey, I die in some of my dreams ... and then I'm standing around listening to everyone talk about how I just died, only I'm talking BACK to them, and they never think it's odd.

Also I have had dreams where I play a character, someone other than myself. Has anybody else done either of these two things?
Old 11-17-2002, 02:59 AM   #12
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Yes to both! I've died twice in my dreams when I'm in a car and my sister's driving it (The only two dreams I've had where she's driving), and I've many times played characters. Sometimes I am someone else, so I'm not . . . (Catches himself from nearly telling his real name) er, Lief Erikson any more, but am another person. I don't think that I've ever been a girl though (Thank goodness. That would be too weird even for this thread- a guy dreaming he's a girl).

I have been married once in my dream though (I'm not in real life). In that one I was a millionaire and owned a massive skyscraper. I was standing on the top of it when some thugs came up to try and murder me. I leapt off of the skyscraper, and that was the first of my many jumping dreams, which are the some of the funnest dreams I've ever had. I've only flown in dreams once or twice, but I have an ability in dreams (When I remember that I have it) to go light headed, and then I can just lightly leap off the ground and gravity hardly holds me.

So I jumped off the skyscraper and went soaring out over the city. The dream went on from there, but it isn't extraordinarily weird (I'm always having extremely exciting dreams) so I won't bother with relating that particular one .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 06:00 AM   #13
Sween
im quite stupid

i had a dream last night that someone had set up a thread pointing out how much i p*** you all off.

that was bizzare also dreamed of a half goat walrus though i must of had some bad chease on my pizaa.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:09 AM   #14
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Hey, I die in some of my dreams ... and then I'm standing around listening to everyone talk about how I just died, only I'm talking BACK to them, and they never think it's odd.

Also I have had dreams where I play a character, someone other than myself. Has anybody else done either of these two things? [/B]
I have died before and it was really scary because then I had to watch all the rest of my family die. Not good dream.
I have also had to play characters, for example Hermione form Harry Potter. Get this: when I was Hermione my job was to design the boxes for tampons using magic.

My weirdest dream lately (and trust me I have had really weird dreams worse than this) was that I climbed a tree near my neighbor's house, and I got attacked my this weird boar thingy. At first I thought it was a skunk because it was black and white and furry but it got closer and it was really big. Then eventually my neighbors came out and saved me.

I think there is another dream thread where I talked about my weird leprachan (sp.?) / gay squirrel / golf course dream. That was freaky. But good.

By the way, I once had a dream about being in love with a boy named Mikaila (or something like that). Can anyone tell me if this name exists? I know there is a Mikhail...

Last edited by katya : 11-17-2002 at 10:10 AM.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 10:13 AM   #15
Silverstripe

In dreams, aren't we supposed to WAKE UP before we die? Oh well.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:16 PM   #16
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Usually. Ever had the falling dream? Supposedly, if you don't wake up in time and you hit the ground your body could go into shock.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:26 PM   #17
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Really!!wow thats quite scary actually!!
I don't usually have falling dreams!
If you have a dream and then you wake up and don't know whether it was a dream or it was real freak me out a bit too!!
I had a dream that i was in Sleepy Hollow the other night and i was a nurse and me and Johnny Depp were the only one's who didn't have our head cut off!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 12:38 PM   #18
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I once had a dream that I went through the entire day with only a few weird things happening. When I woke up I didn't know if it was real or not, and was incredibly exhausted.

My weirdest dreams have already been posted somewhere around here. I'll dig them up later.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:58 PM   #19
Miranda

Feeling of relief that I'm not the only person who has bizarre dreams. I have to say though my most bizarre dreams do give me the best inspiration for my writing. My LOTR fan fic- which I might not be posting because I'm scared you'll laugh- was inspired by a weird dream. I'd gone to see LOTR and then come home and put on my Moulin Rouge CD. Went to sleep and the next thing I knew I was dreaming about Legolas and a few other elves dancing to rhythm of the night (I can see elves being really good dances- sort of your Isadora Duncan types) any way, next thing you know. Gandalf has taken Zidler's part in Like a Virgin and he's singing it to Pippin about some girl. I woke up the next morning with a izarre but intriguing storyline and I immediately picked up a pencil and within six months I'd written a (Wait for it!) 32 chapter fan fic called An Immortal Love. Arghh its called the Precious though at college because I flip out like Gollum when I forget where I've put it!!!! Dreamt of the Fellowship in general last night as I'd just seen FOTR extended- YAY*! Bad dreams predicted for tonight though- school tomorrow *hiss* love ya all, Mx
Old 11-17-2002, 02:34 PM   #20
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

YES! Weird dreamland!! I always get crazy dreams after I've been stressed out. Like last week...

I dreamt that a mysterious sniper/like person was intruding in my family's TV store. (No, my family does NOT own a TV store!) Anyway, he kept shooting poisoned darts in our throats. I got one in me, but it was only a tranquilizer. He shot my grandma and my mom's friend with real poison, though. Except we didn't KNOW that until it was too late. When we DID, I somehow snuck up on our "killer" and jumped on his back. He gave me a piggyback ride around the room while I called 911. Then I woke up...strangely, I thought that this was really happening.

*shudder* I've no idea where that came from, and I wish it hadn't. It kind of scared me...
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote