Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-30-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
Sween
im quite stupid

Whos journey?

Out of all the charcter whos journey would you want? taking into account what you know now.

you would of course have to have a hobbit as they have the longest journey. Out of all the Hobbits i would most like pippins journey as he gets to go to minus tirith and isengard as well as seeing the ents and destuction of isengard.

Of the rest of the fellowship i would like legolas's journey as he isnt really that troubled at any part and im lazy gandalfs was cool and nice 2 right up till the part when he died

Last edited by Sween : 10-30-2002 at 01:21 PM.
Sween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 01:26 PM   #2
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Probably Legolas's, because I'm lazy, too and I'd rather like to be an elf! He does rather waltz thru the book in a non-concerned way much of the time, doesn't he?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 01:29 PM   #3
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Probably Legolas's, because I'm lazy, too and I'd rather like to be an elf! He does rather waltz thru the book in a non-concerned way much of the time, doesn't he?
well thats my thinking hes doesnt seem to have much of a problem on canderhas and when they are persueing the orc's he doesnt seem the least bit flustered.

He never has any mention of been in any real danger either. thats the main reason olando broom did such a good job he just looks so composed as he is in the book
Old 10-30-2002, 03:08 PM   #4
madeyejay
Hobbit

I would not want Merry or Pippin because you would have to deal with the Orc captivity. Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn had the same journey, though it was least stressful to Legolas. Any of thier journeys would be good, as they seen pretty much all places in the story.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:29 PM   #5
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

It would have to be Aragorns for me.

The paths of the dead, the ships, the battles and of course at the end of everything you get the girl and the crown

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:53 PM   #6
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Sam's, but only if I could also have his never-say-die attitude.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 07:42 PM   #7
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

One of the few times that Legolas seems troubled is right before he shoots the Nazgul's winged steed -
Quote:
'Elbereth Gilthoniel!' sighed Legolas as he looked up.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 07:51 PM   #8
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
Belive it or not I would want Frodo's. I would want to know what it is like to go through real pain, and not just the pain my sheltered little life nurses.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 08:41 PM   #9
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Maybe Fatty Bolgers because I am so lazy. Or Arwens because she gets Aragorn in the end *sigh*. Seriously, I'll have to agree with most people and say Legolas. He seems less bothered about the whole quest than anybody else. I think the others go through too much pain, more than I could bear.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:02 AM   #10
Entlover
Elven Warrior

I would want Sam's life and journey, because it seems the happiest and most fulfilled (though I admire Frodo more.)
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:28 AM   #11
Millane
The Dude

ohhh i would not be fussy any would do...
Treebeard - How awesome would it be to trash isengard.
Legolas - A bow is my fav weapon and he is an elf.
Gimli - Battle then Glittering Caves what more could a Dwarf want.
Aragorn - Ohhhh well he just got everything didnt he not that he didnt deserve it all

i would also just love to be any one of the Rohirrim near Theoden
at the end of the chapter 'Ride of the Rohirrim' mmmm Battle
Old 11-08-2002, 06:38 PM   #12
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I would have Merry's I think - I would like to say that I had attacked the witchking and help lead to his destruction!
I really wouldn't have liked to have had Frodo's - sounds much to painful, and at the end of the book he had an incomplete feeling, which I would hate.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:43 PM   #13
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Sam Gamgee

I think I would like Pippen or Legolas. I never really thought about it but Legolas really doesnt seem to be bothered much about everything. Tho he does get kinda offended when Boromir tried to tell Aragorn off in the Council of Elrond.

Pippen seemed to find the happier parts of the whole ordeal dont you think so?
Old 11-08-2002, 08:10 PM   #14
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Why would anyone desire any of these people's journeys? Ought'nt we to weigh the horror with the beauty? I do not want to see half the things the Fellowship encountered. If pressed, I should pick to be the fox that finds Pippin, Sam and Frodo sleeping in the Green Hill Country. He lived in a fair land, led a simple life, and probably nothing very extroardinary ever happened to him, unless he wandered into the Old Forest and ran amok with queer badgers. I would rather live that life then see all the beautiful wonders of this world, but endure all the ugly horrors.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:22 AM   #15
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Any of them!
Quote:
Belive it or not I would want Frodo's. I would want to know what it is like to go through real pain, and not just the pain my sheltered little life nurses
It sounds kind of crazy, but i totally agree with you.

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 01:35 AM   #16
Philia
Enting

Let me be original and say Gimli's, he is stubborn headstrong steadfast gruff, yet sensitive (see boromirs "funeral") He is also quite the comedian if you think of it real hard.
PLUS, he doesn't get much credit, AND he saves Eomer in Dernhelm, oh so brave I just like being OUT of the limelight and on the sidelines I suppose
Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. --Unknown

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. --Unknown

Love your enemies. It really pisses them off! --Unknown

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. --Jeanne Moreau, French Actress

We are never so helplessly unhappy as when we lose love. --Sigmund Freud
Philia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 11:38 AM   #17
Bard
Hobbit

Probably Gimli as well. This because of his ventuering into Moria, that he was very anxious to see. Lothlorien, where he met his beloved Galadriel and than the Glittering caves that would tater become Gimli`s new home. Also he got the chance to kill lots of Orks which he liked to do, and venture of to Minas-Tirith, that he also enjoyed seeing. Lastly he got a best friend in Legolas during his travel and Aragorn and the Hobbits did also become the best of his friends. I think Gimli had the time of his life during this adventure, a bit like Bilbo adventure, in which he learned a saw a lot. In the end Gimli was allowed to went to Valinor with he best friend Legolas, that should have been totally awesome, to be able to go there although being a Dwarf.
From all other great adventuerors I`d wanny be either Tuor or Earendil because there story ended hapily!
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:16 PM   #18
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Baggins
Belive it or not I would want Frodo's. I would want to know what it is like to go through real pain, and not just the pain my sheltered little life nurses.
Hmmm....
Fred B.,... I am a little worried about you.
The choice isn't so much as strange/odd/disturbing as is your reason for choosing it.
Do you have some issues that you need to work through?
Eowyn of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #19
The Lady of Ithilien
Elven Warrior

If only the fellowship, I'd want Gimli's journey, because he got to walk through Moria and chant a song about it while in there. The Paths of the Dead would be rather tough, but the chance to help rebuild Minas Tirith, and then become Lord of the Glittering Caves for a while, and then go to Valinor with Legolas -- wow!

If any character, then it would be Eowyn's, in spite of having to do battle with the King of the Nazgul, because she had such a great family and made such a tremendous self-journey (not to mention getting to marry Faramir afterwards and live in Ithilien).
The Lady of Ithilien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:49 AM   #20
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I wouldn't want anyone's journey. They all went through hell, more or less - they saw Boromir die, they thought Gandalf was dead, they were attacked by evil creatures and dark powers. No one exactly gets to waltz through unconcerned - not even Gimli, who has to come to terms with what he found in Moria, remember.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote