Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2004, 08:22 AM   #1
Ella Nyneve
Hobbit

Happy Birthday!

It's Harry Potter's (And J.K. Rowling's) birthday today! Hooray! *Starts singing Happy Birthday & pulls out a yellow cake with chocolate icing and emerald green letters spelling out "Happee Birthdae Harry" and starts cutting slices* Okay! Who wants a piece?

"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something." "What're we holding onto, Sam?" "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for."~ Frodo & Sam, LotR:TTT

"Madame Gaston, can't you just see it? Madame Gaston, his little wife! No sir! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great, wide SOMEWHERE. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone... understand. I want so much more than they've got planned..."~ Belle, Beauty & The Beast

Last edited by Ella Nyneve : 07-31-2004 at 08:23 AM. Reason: misspelling
Ella Nyneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 AM   #2
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Ooh, me! Happy birthday Harry
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:24 AM   #3
Ella Nyneve
Hobbit

Sure! *Puts slice onto plate, then passes to sun-star* There ya go!

"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something." "What're we holding onto, Sam?" "That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for."~ Frodo & Sam, LotR:TTT

"Madame Gaston, can't you just see it? Madame Gaston, his little wife! No sir! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great, wide SOMEWHERE. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand, to have someone... understand. I want so much more than they've got planned..."~ Belle, Beauty & The Beast
Ella Nyneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
Orli17
Elven Warrior

Hoooray!

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote