Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I know someone who thinks it is Hagrid. Here's what she said, and I quote:
Quote:
Personally, I'm rooting for Hagrid, myself. He's a half-blood. And we know very little about Fridwulfa, other than the fact that she fave birth to Hagrid in 1929, left the family in 1932, later had Grawp, and is now dead. She could have been the daughter of a Gurg, which would, in essenc, in the Giants' royalty liniage, make Hagrid a 'prince' OK, so it's far-fetched. SO??
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 05:17 PM   #2
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Oooooh, coolnessful! I'm not the only one! I thought it was just the result of no cheese, but I might actually be right for once.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I dunno. I thought about it being Hagrid too, but I suppose we need to know what JKR means by Half-Blood Prince. I mean, half-bloods are people with one magical parent and one non magical parent. Hagrid is, technically a half-breed. His mum was a giant and his dad was a muggle wasn't he? I don't think it's Hagrid.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:27 PM   #4
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Could be Creevey.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:41 AM   #5
The Lady of the Wood
Enting

yeah my sister thinks its hagrid too.she just thought of that all of the sudden and it surprised me cuz she doesnt know the series that well and always asks me stuff she cant remember.she could be on to something.....

Ah caught you smiling at me, That's the way it should be,
Like a leaf is to a tree, so fine.
Ah all the good times we had, I sang love songs so glad
Always smiling, never sad, so fine.
As we walk down the country lanes, I'll be singing a song,
Hear me calling your name.
Hear the wind within the trees, Telling Mother Nature 'bout you and me.

"Yeah.And Grizzly Adams had a beard."

'Grizzly Adams did have a beard."
The Lady of the Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:46 AM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I think EXK has a good point there, which has been brought up by other people against the theory of Hagrid being the "Half-blood" prince.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:36 PM   #7
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

That's why I don't believe it's Hagrid. I don't think it is Hagrid, I was just quoting what Cyndi said. Of course, she's obsessed with Hagrid, so she's a little biased.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 07-08-2004, 11:36 PM   #8
Aewionen
Elf Lord

It could be the new DADA teacher. Or, someone comes across Sirius' mirror thing and contact Harry and end up being the Half-blood prince. Or just some random first year
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

No, I think that it'll be someone we've already met. I just have that feeling, I dunno why.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 07-13-2004, 05:06 PM   #10
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Because JKR doesn't just toss random things in. It's got to be someone we've at least heard of before--although I really don't put it past her to take a random name she's mentioned and do that... Still, I think it'll be someone fairly important already. Important in the storyline, anyway.

I'm rooting for Neville. I think he's awesome.

ALSO, incidentally, Mark Evans is a throwaway--won't come back and be all important like Figgs and so forth. The Evans connection with Lily was a coincidence. Oops for JK.

BoP--how did you find the hidden thingies? I've looked (ok, so not tooo hard) but haven't found them yet...

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:05 AM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Tano--, and others interested in finding the four rewards on the jkrowling site:

There are four items "awards" that you can get. The easiest one can be accessed through the fan sites page (the golden key portkey), which is a trophy room. There are two medallions that can be moved into the frames on one of the lower shelves. Interestingly enough, there's another frame up top that may come into play sometime in the future; at the moment however, there's nothing to do with this frame. Placing the medallions gets you a reward.

The other easy one is on the links page (through the blue pen portkey). This leads to a book shelf, with books on it. Move the book with the question mark "?" to the left to retrieve a key. Use the key with the locked box to the right. This gets you another certificate for the scrapbook.

The cellphone requires a little bit of thought. You need to enter "62442" into the cellphone, and press the green button. This will get you another reward.

The last one requires a bit of exploration around the site. Click on the White Coffee Cup Portkey to go to the "Extra Stuff" page. Near the bottom of the page is an eraser. Rub the eraser over the blank piece of paper above it to reveal the ingredients to a potion. There are four which can be found throughout the site. The leaves are on the top left hand corner of the bulletin board in the same area as the potion ingredients list, the potion is found on the links page, and spider crawls around on the main desk area (and you need to be quick to nab him!), and the feather is on the fan sites page. You will know if it is the right one because clicking on the item makes it disappear from the screen. When all four have been clicked, you will get the final reward.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:58 PM   #12
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I thought Luna Lovegood for some reason, but obviously she can't be a Prince. I don't care what she calls the book as long as she releases it already! *goes insane*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 12:58 AM   #13
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I don't care what she calls the book as long as she releases it already! *goes insane*
Tell me about it! I'm going nuts exploring her site trying to find the clues that are supposedly there!!! Aarrrrgh!! Just release it already!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM   #14
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Hey, ask Iron Parrot - He posted a whole lot of things from there -
Old 07-26-2004, 10:53 PM   #15
Orli17
Elven Warrior

I just read that the title is gonna be changed again! Sthg like The Half A**ed Prince....dunno what the asterixes are for but that's how I read it.
And i dun think Mark Evans is a throwaway. She culda used another name instead of Evans.

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote