Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

We were wondering where you went.

Okay, we can make the Astromony grade lower. It said his written part was okay, so I figured that would be EE, and the chart would be P, so A would be in the middle. What do the rest of you think?

Should we vote on the occlumency thing or something, since we really can't decide? Rad says Snape, I say Dumbledore....

Does anyone have any ideas for what the Trio finds out in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes? I tried to think of something, but couldn't come up with anything.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

How about one of the older Weasley brothers coming back to take a position in the Ministry of Magic?

At the "end talk", Dumbledore says this:

"I have already said that it was a mistake for me not to teach you myself, though I was sure, at the time, that nothing could have been more dangerous than to open your mind even further to Voldemort while in my presence----"

"I trust Severus Snape,"....."But I forgot-----another old man's mistake-----that some wounds run too deep for the healing. I thought Professor Snape would overcome his feelings about your father---I was wrong."

So I don't see that things can change as far as Snape teaching him....
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:11 AM   #3
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I don't think so.. they have work alerady.

Ok - I still think Snape will be the one (if at all) that would teach him. He should get over the incidents in the past sometime. He's an adult. And as Dumbledore says, he trusts Snape.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Rad! I do not see Snape getting "over it"! His anger defines him! For him to "get over it" would take a total personality change! Hmmm.... How about McGonagall?

Well, I'll go with Dumbledore before Snape, I already have Snape as the new DADA professor and dueling club advisor anyway. I still think it will be someone else.

Ok, how about......they go to Fred and George's shop and find out the twins have hired the drunk house elf (Dinky? Twinky? ) to help run the shop while they are busy doing research.

Last edited by Lizra : 07-02-2004 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:40 AM   #5
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I think Sanpe can get over it, and don't tihnk he needs to have a total personality change, () but it's your turn to decide.
McGonagall? But are you sure she's good enough in Occlumency? Snape said not many are.
Dumbledore it is.

Oh - I've just seen you wrote that Snape puts Harry, Ron and hermine's life in danger, they simply don't have to go to the Dueling Club, do they?

It's Winky.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:41 AM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Dang... Winky! Ok, Winky is hired at Fred and George's shop....????

Well, Snape doesn't really put their lives in TOO much danger during the dueling club meetings, He just tries to humiliate the pants off of them...as often as possible...you know..."Keep the hate alive!?"

Last edited by Lizra : 07-02-2004 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #7
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I don't know - do you suggest she has gotten over the Crouch's, and start new life with payment? 'cause it sounds unlikely to me she would, or that the Wisley's will pay her.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #8
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I'm with Rad, I don't think that Winky would be working for the Weasleys. If it was any House-Elf, it would be Dobby, but I think that Dobby would want to be at Hogwarts, near "famous Harry Potter, sir! Such an honor!"

And with the Dueling Club thing, and if Snape is DADA teacher, Harry might keep going with the DA. Then he wouldn't need to go to Dueling CLub meetings, and Snape couldnt 'humiliate the pants off them"

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 07-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Why do you think Dumbledore's Army will continue in this book, now that Umbridge is gone and there is a real DADA class again? (I would imagine that Professor Snape will make the class very interesting! ) There is no need for the student organized Dumbledore Army, because that was really just their (the students) attempt to provide themselves with an actual Defense Against the Dark Arts class...because Umbridge's was worhtless. . Snape's revived "Dueling Club" is my new rendition of a student exercise (spells, wand work) club, only this one is sanctioned by school. With Snape running it and including Slytherin...it will provide interesting conflict and plot development and a reflection perhaps of a student sized OoTP vs Deatheaters conflict that occurs in the grown up world. Of course the dueling can't be outright hostile, but some excellent dramatic moments could come of such a club. Now I suppose the continuation of Dumbledore's Army could be seen as a student "Order of the Phoenix" but it would have to be clandestine again, and there would have to be some *reason* why this was neccessary.

What do you think? .....I'm trying to write a NEW book here.... where NEW and interesting dramatic devlopments are nurtured and allowed to unfold...not just "status quo" of the previous books!

Last edited by Lizra : 07-02-2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:00 PM   #10
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I agree with Lizra. There's no point to continue DA. When I look at it... the Dueling Club could be something organized by Snape, that everyone should participate in, to pracice what they've learned in Defence against dark arts class. It's sounds good and real to me,.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:09 AM   #11
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagast The Brown
I agree with Lizra. There's no point to continue DA. When I look at it... the Dueling Club could be something organized by Snape, that everyone should participate in, to pracice what they've learned in Defence against dark arts class. It's sounds good and real to me,.
Siri! Don't bow to that logic! I have some other points to be made. Ok I've only read various post here and there but as far as in order goes...the above quote is as far as I've read.
First of all...I agree on Snape doing DADA, when you think about it who else is left? Unless a new character is introduced(and I'm not sure JKR would do that this close to the end of her books) I'm sure new ones will be introduced but if they are truly nessacary to the plot they will introduced in the begining of this book if at all. Second....I agree on Snape creating a dueling club...what better way to terrorize Gryfindors(sp?)? Third....I disagree with the idea of Harry simply disbaning the DA. First of all they have all been through to much together to just quite like that. Second Sirius htought it was a good idea, "Something he and James would of done in Harry's postion." Or somethign along those lines and Harry isn't likly to soon forget that. Thirdly Harry and company would, if for no other reason, do it out of spite. They all hate Snape. When they find out he, who they hate and have mistrusted for so long, is souly in charge of teaching them defense against the dark arts do you think they would just say..."oh ok, cool"?
Lizra I read the post you made a little before that and I know you want to make this book interesting and fun and not streotypical but you've got to remember we aren't writing a book, it's not yours to write. We are simply making paraphrased geusses as to what may or may not happen in it.
I'm sticking to what I said before, if we cannot agree on somthing and if we cannot find evidence in the books or other autherized text then teh thing beign discussed will be left vague. I stress autherized becasue the unautherized stuff is just crap to me. I don't put any truth to it and aviod it at all costs. (Yeah..so this is unauthorized...we're not gonna publish it. So it doesn't matter.)
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:20 AM   #12
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
All caught up now...some things are really out there...but then I suppose most things in these books have been. First off...all the things Lizra said should be fixed I think we should leave vague. None of us could agree on any of that...there are to many people with to much speculation for that sort of thing I think. But we could try. Nwo who's turn is it for the next chapters? We need ot get this show on the road.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:30 AM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ha ha! Well, you certainly make it easy then Fim! I guess don't mind the outline being vague in some areas, let's just be sure not to go two different directions at once. Who wants to recap then, before proceeding???
Old 08-05-2004, 06:32 AM   #14
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Fimbrethil... you convinced me about the DA thing - as logn as Snape's teahcing, I think they'd continue. Even though I'm sure Snape's a great teacher... a bit unfair, but they could all learn a lot from him. More than from Harry.
But let's say they do continue with the DA.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:11 PM   #15
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

It appears I am outnumbered. I bow under your superior force.

I thought that because Harry really wouldn't want to go to the meetings if Snape is in charge, and he needs the extra practice. And he doesn't like Snape.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 07-02-2004, 11:05 PM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Well yes!. ....but Harry might feel like whupping some Slytherin butt!
I'd write it (the dueling club) as very school sanctioned, so that it was all house enclusive, and a matter of pride for the best Gryffindors to show their stuff. Snape probably doesn't like Malfoy and crew too much at this point either...so he will probably like to pit them against each other just to see what they can do. Fun stuff!

What can Ginny Weasley be preoccupied with....so that she doesn't notice Harry's interest in her?
Old 07-02-2004, 11:23 PM   #17
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

That works. You've convinced me!

Ginny... well, her OWLs are this year. She could be just really busy studying.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 07-02-2004, 11:31 PM   #18
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by sirigorn
That works. You've convinced me!

Ginny... well, her OWLs are this year. She could be just really busy studying.

~Siri~
OWLS! Of course! Less IS more! Ginny is preoccupied with studying, she wants to be a prefect too!
Old 07-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #19
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

If she is a prefect, she'd know it in the summer, and she can't "study" to be a prefect, Lizra.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #20
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Okay, so she's already a prefect, so she's really busy with both the prefect duties and with studying for OWLs.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD