Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-21-2003, 09:20 PM   #41
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Can anyone say SEVEN losses in a row for the traitorous Giants?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #42
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I was shopping at Circle Center Mall in Indpls tonight. The place was crawling with crazy costumed Colts fans, and lots of orange Broncos fans too. Blue skinned men, blue afros, blue Santa Clauses, and big plastic blue horse heads! Who knew football was so big in Indy! not me!
Old 12-22-2003, 07:39 AM   #43
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Sad blue people....happy orange people!
Old 12-22-2003, 08:35 AM   #44
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

JD... congratulations on the two losses by those NY/NJ teams this weekend!

You know, I started this thread because the Bears just looked SO BAD to begin the season (49-7 loss to San Francisco on opening day). Things are looking up though... after 1-5 start, they're now 7-8 (but we do have KC next week!). Personally, I like the head coach and hope he stays... but there seems to be some political stuff going on - and the GM seems to want a chance to 'pick his own man'... we'll know in about 10 days how it has all shaken out.

One nice thing... when the playoffs were finally mathematically out of reach, they started the rookie QB whom they drafted this year. Name's Rex Grossman - and he's looking pretty good. If we were playoff bound, I don't think they would have ever put him on the field to see what he could do...
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #45
Guillaume le Maréchal
Elven Warrior

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice the possible presence of locker room politics last night between Manning, Harrison and Wayne?
as good as war, trouble and action.

--Bertran de Born, Knight and Troubadour

Castle Duncan
Guillaume le Maréchal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:18 PM   #46
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

The Browns suck as usual.

Baltimore Ravens- 35
Cleveland Browns- 0

Just one more game of torture. Next Sunday, they play the Bangels. I don't think I have ever been happier to see the football season end.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:36 PM   #47
Guillaume le Maréchal
Elven Warrior

SGH, looking forward to draft day, myself

I'd like to pop just thinking about Davis and the piss poor job he's doing. Dan Reeves is on the market, and Wade Philips, who has already expressed he's interested in another head coaching position, looks as though he will be on the market as well. Admittedly its a long shot, but we can dream, can't we?

Castle Duncan
Old 12-22-2003, 02:57 PM   #48
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I have been wondering about the fate of Butch Davis. I was also surprised to find out yesterday that at the end of the season, Dennis Northcut will be a free agent. I hope he stays, cause he is damned good. It will also be interesting to see what developes in the QB positions.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:04 AM   #49
Guillaume le Maréchal
Elven Warrior

Aren't they releasing Tim Couch to free-agency?

Castle Duncan
Old 12-29-2003, 04:20 PM   #50
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

The Axe Falls

For better or for worse... (how ironic to use the terms that bind in a wedding) the Chicago Bears have just fired their coach, Dick Jauron.

Mixed feelings - but mostly I feel bad about it. The team has been hampered by some injuries and poor management moves the past couple years (the same management that's firing him). The players speak well of him - he keeps his cool and has a quiet confidence, which they respect. Two years ago the team had a breakout 13-3 season and the players emphatically credited the coach - and the way he handles things that come up.

On the other hand, the team seems to bumble its way along badly. Jauron has been unswervingly loyal to his assistants - even though one in particular (offensive coordinator) appears to be unable to do the job needed. So - the 13-3 gave way to 4-12 last year and 7-9 this year... bookended by a 49-7 loss to start the season against San Francisco and a 31-3 loss to finish it against Kansas City. It was SO BAD yesterday... at the end of the first half, trailing 14-0, the Bears worked the ball inside the 20 and stopped the clock with 19 seconds and one timeout left. They managed to run out the clock without even being able to try a field goal. On another play, a receiver caught a pass in the middle of the field - he was wide open and had a clear path to the end zone. What does he do?... he veers to the right, toward a defender who makes the tackle. SHEESH!

I think Jauron is a class guy though. I expect he'll be coaching again somewhere... and with how things go in Chicago, he'll probably become The Bears' Bane!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:30 PM   #51
jerseydevil

let's see - the Giants lost their final game making it 8 in a row and the Jets also lost their final game.

These voodoo dolls worked great. Giants coach fired, a bunch of coaches in the Jets fired. It was a great season for the traitors this year.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-07-2004, 04:48 PM   #52
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

JOE GIBBS!! JOE GIBBS IS COMING BACK TO WASHINGTON!!! AAHH!! *frothing at the mouth ensues and much unintelligable stammering from disbelief*

please note: Joe Gibbs is considered The Messiah in Washington DC. he WAS the redskins when the redskins were in their truest highest glory. and hes been gone for like almost a decade. so this is quite an amazing day for redskin fans. imagine a fabled hero from your childhood you held in highest regards came marching back over the mountain to save you again from the evils of the world.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 05:09 PM   #53
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

best of luck IREX!

doesn't joe gibbs do some stuff with nascar too?

though i'll warn you that history doesn't always live up to expectations... they said similar things when parcells came to the pats...
Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 PM   #54
gdl96
the greg the admin

Is Joe Gibbs a coach or something? Please explain in more detail.

And it looks like the Giants got a new coach, the former coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars (can't remember his name at the moment). Too bad I don't really care about the Giants.

Go Jets!
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:13 PM   #55
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by brownjenkins
best of luck IREX!

doesn't joe gibbs do some stuff with nascar too?

though i'll warn you that history doesn't always live up to expectations... they said similar things when parcells came to the pats...
well he has the Gibbs "NASCAR Team" but his son is running that almost entirely. And of course he will have to give up his minority ownership in the Atlanta Falcons before it all becomes official.

I dont necessarily think he will usher in a new age of NFL domination but this means that he will NOT get the same kind of rediculous scrutiny and treatment by Snyder (the owner) that all the other coaches got. Because if he piddles around with Gibbs and goes over his head all the time the fans will crucify him. And Im sure he knows this very well. And thats a good thing. Because Snyder is such a wacko. Course Snyder himself is thinking of the marketing aspect of bringing in the "once and future king" back into the fold....

Old 01-07-2004, 06:19 PM   #56
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
Is Joe Gibbs a coach or something? Please explain in more detail.
Quote:
Joe Gibbs, the legendary coach who led the Washington Redskins to three Super Bowl titles in the 1980s and early '90s, announced today he will return as head coach of the Redskins.

"Joe Gibbs helped define what the Washington Redskins stand for -- integrity, hard work, determination, winning and championships," Snyder said in a statement issued today by the team. "Who better to set our strategy and lead the Redskins back to championship glory?"

Gibbs coached the Redskins between 1981 and '92 and led them to Super Bowl victories following the 1982, '87 and '91 seasons. Gibbs's Redskins also reached the Super Bowl following the 1983 season but lost.

The Redskins have reached the playoffs only once since the glory days they enjoyed under Gibbs.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:03 PM   #57
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
Go Jets!
NOt as long as they have NY on their uniforms and continue to be traitors. I'm placing my order for next year's voodoo dolls now. I need to be prepared.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #58
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
[B]JOE GIBBS!! JOE GIBBS IS COMING BACK TO WASHINGTON!!! AAHH!! *frothing at the mouth ensues and much unintelligable stammering from disbelief*[B]
ME TOO!!!

I feel like I just got back from being in the desert for 12 years.

And I just heard Joe Bugel is going to be assistant and work with the offensive line. He's says they are "going to have some slobber-knocking fun".
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:24 PM   #59
gdl96
the greg the admin

JD, I saw something in the Star Ledger the other day about how holding grudges is bad for your health.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:48 PM   #60
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
ME TOO!!!

I feel like I just got back from being in the desert for 12 years.

And I just heard Joe Bugel is going to be assistant and work with the offensive line. He's says they are "going to have some slobber-knocking fun".
Im half waiting for Riggo to strap a helmet back on and the Hogs to reappear out of the locker room. Now all they have to do is move the team back to RFK...

*nostalgia*