Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Mari
Elf Lady

LLL Discussion thread part II

I'm sure people will want to change the title of this thread again, but I liked this, so there

Continue discussing our adventure RPG Long Lost Leaves here. ^_^

Previous discussion thread can be found here.

Long Lost Leaves part I can be found here.
And it's continuation Long Lost Leaves part II here.

Active players:
Acalewia: Aelfwine (rohirrim/human)
Coffeehouse: Quickleaf (elf)
Curufin: Abasi (elf)
Eärniel: Radagast (wizard)
Feawen: Nami (elf)
Ingwe: Ingwionis (elf)
Amael: A'mael (elf)
Mari: Ellysa (haradrim/human)
Me9996: Ferrin (human)
Orithil: Hedrim Valdaes (human)
Sane: Carnehillion (human)
Sasquatch: Borin (dwarf)
Willow Oran: Haldis (beorning/human)
Aikanáro: Tabril (elf)
Nixie: Nixie (elf)
Midge: Aerin (elf)

Non-Active players (NPG)
- The gaffer (aged Hobbit, played by The Gaffer)
- Truor (gruff beorning, played by Yaygollum)
- Blossomshade (ent-wife, played by Yaygollum)
- Earthshaker (ent, played by Nuelbar)
- Bowen (human, played by Nuelbar)
- Branwyn (Gondorean scholar, played by Tessar)
- Seratili (dwarf, played by Nautipus)
- Bob (young hobbit, played by Nicro)

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 06-28-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

We now know Ellysa's other power: The puppy eyes no one can resist!

Now I hope Quickleaf's arrows don't stray into camp!

A'mael, Ingwe is right. You could make a great stand up comedienne Although It would be funny to see some of the Questers or whatever we're calling ourselves react to ale.
*Hides before Earniel clocks her with the gecko*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 05-31-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Mari
Elf Lady

Hmmm, do you think puppy eyes will work on spirits or orcs or whatever?
*is seeing the scene in her mind*

Old 05-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Amael
Elven Warrior

Would it be okay if someone renamed the "Is anyone interested in an Adventure RPG" to "LLL Discussionn Thread Part I"? For first-time viewers it may be a good idea.

Quote:
A'mael, Ingwe is right. You could make a great stand up comedienne Although It would be funny to see some of the Questers or whatever we're calling ourselves react to ale.
*Hides before Earniel clocks her with the gecko*
LOL. I'm Jewish. Comedy comes with as a part of the deal. With as much as a race can go through, you learn to laugh at prettty much everything. But I'm only half Jewish by line, and the other half is a combination of British, German, and some other stuff. So if we were to go by stereotypes, that would make me good with money, good at jokes, good at laughing at my own jokes, good at laughing at jokes other people tell me -before- the punchline as well as after the punchline and a third time when I get the joke, and good at drinking a lot of alcohol at Oktoberfest! But that still is only a half, my other half is Telerin. "Cut it in half, then double it!"

Are there any Hobbits on this quest? I know it'd be even more awesome if Hobbits were around. Pippin, "Breakfast, elevenzies, lunch, second breakfast, second lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper, he's heard of those hasn't he?" Merry, "I think not." Such a funny group of people they are. Although I call them "point men" being that they are always at the right place at the right time.

Quote:
We now know Ellysa's other power: The puppy eyes no one can resist!
I wish I had that power. I usually just get really angry when somebody tells me no. Ingwe has that power though, so him and Ellyssa are very much the same in that regard.

Great to Mari on organizing all the topics because that will make it all easier to find if all the topics in the board get all burbulated.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Mari
Elf Lady

There were Hobbits, but they are now non-active. Somewhere in the previous discussion thread Eärniel made a list. I'll look it up for you and edit it into my first post.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Ingwe: Ingwionis & A'mael (elves)
Since that initially came out, I had taken control of the A'mael character. I'll do a little editing here to save a bit of time.

Active players:
  • Acalewia: Aelfwine (rohirrim/human)
  • Amael: A'mael (elf)
  • Coffeehouse: Quickleaf (elf)
  • Curufin: Abasi (elf)
  • Eärniel: Radagast (wizard)
  • Feawen: Nami (elf)
  • Ingwe: Ingwionis (elf)
  • Mari: Ellysa (human)
  • Me9996: Ferrin (human)
  • Orithil: Hedrim Valdaes (human)
  • Sane: Carnehillion (human)
  • Sasquatch: Borin (dwarf)
  • Willow Oran: Haldis (beorning/human)
  • Aikanáro: Tabril (elf)

Non-Active players (NPG)
  • The gaffer (aged Hobbit, played by The Gaffer)
  • Truor (gruff beorning, played by Yaygollum)
  • Blossomshade (ent-wife, played by Yaygollum)
  • Earthshaker (ent, played by Nuelbar)
  • Bowen (human, played by Nuelbar)
  • Branwyn (Gondorean scholar, played by Tessar)
  • Seratili (dwarf, played by Nautipus)
  • Bob (young hobbit, played by Nicro)

I wish the other ones would join in. Are those non-active players fully Non-player characters or just simply inactive just for now? I'm going to look into making a list for any non-player characters if there are any. I also want to post a drawing I've been doing eventually, when the scanner works properly. I'm going to use a small portion of the drawing as my avatar here since I don't havve one yet.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
Mari
Elf Lady

You are allowed to play one of the non-active characters, on the understanding that if someone comes back, he or she can jump in again and play his or her own character.
At least, I think that's the agreement that was made.

But so far most of them didn't come further in the story then their introduction, so I doubt they are going to join in again.

I wanna see the drawing! Is it of Amael or Ingwionis? *is looking forward to it*
I'm not very creative, so I'll settle for avvies of Deedlit. I just changed to a summer version

Old 06-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
Acalewia

Quote:
Hmmm, do you think puppy eyes will work on spirits or orcs or whatever?
*is seeing the scene in her mind*
lol. I can see the possiblities there.

Hmm, Nauti hasn't been very active lately. I think college is demanding most of his time. *goes off to poke Nautipus*

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #9
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
You are allowed to play one of the non-active characters, on the understanding that if someone comes back, he or she can jump in again and play his or her own character.
At least, I think that's the agreement that was made.

But so far most of them didn't come further in the story then their introduction, so I doubt they are going to join in again.

I wanna see the drawing! Is it of Amael or Ingwionis? *is looking forward to it*
I'm not very creative, so I'll settle for avvies of Deedlit. I just changed to a summer version
I'm doing both. Though he's been .... non-existent on the web stuff lately, I'm sure he'll return to it all eventually. Right now it looks like he's sort of inactive here. He retired from web design, which is what he was doing, because of just one comment made by someone on his site that really wasn't even all that hostile, but he takes everytthing way too seriously and goes to war without thinking it through, much like Feanor. He's not been quite himself lately. I don't know what the problem is. When someone who normally wouldn't ever consider racing goes drag-racing and guns the engine to the point that it burns out even after winning the race, you know something's up. I'm just glad he didn't use either of our cars to do drag racing. I just hope he doesn't start going all World War II dive-bomber

I'm thinking about doing a drawing with A'mael and Ingwionis and other people perhaps in the bbackground and it will be a partly sunny day. Ingwionis will be smoking pipe weed and A'mael will be looking up at the sky day-dreaming.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
Acalewia

I don't know Ingwe very well, but that has me worried.

I'd like to see that drawing when you're finished. Sounds like it'll be great.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
Midge
Faithful Gardener

So... I have only just found this thread. I've read up on LLL and I'd like to join. Is it too late? I'm thinking... someone stumbles onto me in the dungeons of Dol Guldur when they're looking for more archives? Are you going back in soon? You guys super need to get out of that forest. Too much exposition!

Because it's been four years since the 4th age began, I am not sure how I'll have stayed alive in the dungeon...

Tell me how plausible this sounds:

I was a young emissary for Lorien (headed out with a message for the King, and of course, Galadriel knew where he'd be by her Mirror), and I was caught by Orcs the day before the Ring was destroyed; the Orcs simply threw me in a room and locked it (with my pack full of lembas, etc...) because they were too distracted by the war, of course, but I did have the wonderful (not) chance to be tortured excruciatingly a couple of times by the old goblin-wardens they left here. Of course, the next day, Sauron was overthrown, so I was never beaten again, but also I was never told of Sauron's downfall.

I've been in that dungeon, wondering what will become of me. Because I was tortured a couple of times, I am scared to even try to shake the door, lest the Orcs have me brought to their attention again; being so deep underground, I don't know how time is passing... every minute seems like a year. I'm also afraid to be seen eating the lembas, and that's how I've made it last so long: I nibble a tiny bit off every day ("One small bite will fill the stomach of a full-grown man"), without knowing the ratio of course, and I am running a bit low at the moment. Only a few more wafers left. You guys will have come in the nick of time.

Honestly, if this is plausible, I'd like to be found by Hedrim. It might give the poor guy a few more facets than just "Hey, I'm macho", "look at my shiny things", and "Oh, swords! I want to fight!"

Sorry, Orithil, but so far, that's my impression of him! You really need to make him more likable!

I didn't want to be an elf, really, but an emissary of Lorien wouldn't be anything else. I'd like to be young, without knowing a whole lot of stuff... I guess I was just a messenger boy or girl (haven't decided yet). I'd like to be impressionable by most of the people in the group, and younger people are pretty darn impressionable sometimes.

Don't know the name, etc. I'll work on it.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #12
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Well, okay. I said "the King" but I suppose at that time, he was still Aragorn. However, most people held him as their King then anyway.

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #13
orithil
Captain Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Honestly, if this is plausible, I'd like to be found by Hedrim. It might give the poor guy a few more facets than just "Hey, I'm macho", "look at my shiny things", and "Oh, swords! I want to fight!"

Sorry, Orithil, but so far, that's my impression of him! You really need to make him more likable!
No I'm quite happy with that actually thats what I've been trying to make him like lol

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:22 AM   #14
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh, that sounds like fun. I hope you can join, Midge ^_^

But now you've got me wondering about Hedrim again... What's with his world domination scheme and that little book of his? The next Sauron but without the Ring or magic?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #15
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Well, I've got a bio going and stuff... I've even got my sad story all lined up for when you guys ask me about it (as I KNOW you will!)... I'm excited about it. No more indecisiveness about my character, at least. I will wait to let Earniel know I'm here, though. Wouldn't want to pop up unexpectedly, and anyway... you guys have got to find me now!

Old 06-03-2008, 01:37 AM   #16
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Oh! 'Nother question:

How do I subscribe to threads?

Never mind this question. I figured it out... Thanks!

Last edited by Midge : 06-03-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 AM   #17
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by orithil View Post
No I'm quite happy with that actually thats what I've been trying to make him like lol
As wonderful as that personality is for a character to have at the beginning of a story, he will probably end up being the most hated person at the end if he doesn't change a little! Not that macho, having shiny things, and liking fighting is bad, but you will make him much more loved if you give him a choice between his jeweled sword and saving one of the company and he chooses the company. Just a suggestion.

I'm excited for this book too! You should bring it up soon. Lately all he's been doing is looking at people and walking around. Great once or twice for suspense, but twenty times later, you start to expect it.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #18
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

But would he? Or would he choose the shiny sword?

I hope you can join too, Midge, your character sounds interesting!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #19
Midge
Faithful Gardener

That's the part where we all love him or hate him.. based on what he chooses. It was a suggestion to get something other than exposition in the story, especially with the rather predictable Hedrim.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #20
Mari
Elf Lady

Actually, I don't think many of the company will expect Hedrim to choose not to save a member of the group. Or that he'll be hated most. One big family, remember? [/Ellysa]

Closed Thread