Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
james_the_great
Sapling

Strider LOTR/Narnia RPG crossover

Greetings my fellow Tolkienites and RPGers. I am the writer formerly known on here as mighty_half-elf. I stopped coming on here because I got caught up with other things, however, I decided to come back because I missed creative writing...and not using my imagination, among other things. For my first new thread, I would like to run a Lord of the Rings-meets-The Chronicles of Narnia crossover. The story is as follows:

Many years have passed in the Fourth Age. Sauron has long been destroyed and whatever was left of his faithful followers has been driven out of Middle Earth. Aragorn still sits on the throne of Gondor, Eomer is still the King of Rohan, and Samwise Gamgee is currently serving as the mayor of Hobbiton. Middle Earth has not been at such peace since the heyday of the Elves. However, that is all about to be turned upside-down. Unbeknownst to Middle Earth's inhabitants, a dimensional rift has been opened in what was formerly the black land of Mordor. Jadis, the once "Queen of Narnia", and thought to have been killed by The Great Lion, has been reincarnated by some dark, evil magic in the form of a younger, more beautiful girl (around 22 years of age by today's reckoning). As she steps out of the dimensional rift, she looks up and sees the ruins of Barad-dur. A Black Dwarf, named Onabrik, steps out behind Jadis. Jadis turns to him and says, "We have work to do."

----What happens next? You decide! And for the sake of having fun and not being a bother, please ignore whatever flaws I have placed in the continuity of this story. It has been some time since I have read either LOTR or CON.
james_the_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
orithil
Captain Jack

So do we just make a character (or use a already exsisting one like Aragorn) and jump in?

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
james_the_great
Sapling

either one...it doesn't matter
><> Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. <><
--Isaiah 40:30-31
Old 02-13-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

I'm rather interested in this, I might just join in... Once I come up with a good charicter
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Sounds pretty neat. I'll think on it.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #6
james_the_great
Sapling

-----SOMEWHERE ON THE NARNIAN SIDE OF THE DIMENSIONAL RIFT-----

The four Pevensies were sitting in the library of Cair Paravel discussing the latest rumors that were finding their way around Narnia. Whispers of the return of Jadis had reached the ears of the High Kings and Queens.

"It's simply illogical," said Susan, "we saw Aslan kill the Witch."
"Sure, I was there," replied Peter, "but we can't be too sure. Remember, we're in Narnia. Anything can happen."
Lucy and Edmund remained quiet.
All of a sudden, the doors to the library flew open and Tumnus the faun came running in, panting.
"What is it Mr. Tumnus?" asked Lucy, clearly concerned for her friend.
"He's back!" Tumnus answered.
"Who's back?" said Edmund.
"Aslan!" shouted Tumnus as he and Lucy ran down to the main gate of the castle.
><> Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. <><
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

(Back in Middle earth)

As it has been allready said all was peaceful in Gondor.
Untill one day the shape of a dragon apeared above minus tirith, dragons had not been seen in Gondor for as long as anyone dare recall...

The dragon set down on the grass, just out of range of any missile weapon of Gondor, when a party was sent out to deal with the dragon the dragon had a strange tale (no pun intended) to tell.

The Dragon (who identified himself as Wulfsen) said how he had fought against an evil enchantress in another world untill the lady turned him to stone "I don't know how I escaped from my being stone, nor how I got here, I only know that my enemy has found her way to this world and that she is very dangerous"

Wulfsen himself was a bit on the small side for any dragon of middle earth and covered in spinich green scales with red skin in his wings.
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?

Last edited by me9996 : 02-15-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Typo
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #8
Acalewia

Back in Narnia

A young Centaur bowed the moment she saw Aslan.
"Hello, Aliya," he said. "Tumnus went to announce my arrival?"
"Yes," Aliya looked over her shoulder and smiled. "He's quicker then I expected. Here he comes with the Queen Lucy," The Centaur stepped to the side to allow for the Kings and Queens to speak to Aslan.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
james_the_great
Sapling

As the four Pevensies approached Aslan, a young fox came running up to the steps of the castle. Once he had caught his breath, he exclaimed, "Your Majesties! I have found something that I believe should be looked at!" So everyone followed the fox, whose name was Hector, to the woods beyond the Stone Table. As soon as they had reached the spot, they noticed what looked like a large tear in the air itself. On the other side of the tear, there was nothing but a black space. A cold breeze swept through the tear. "What is this anomaly?" asked Peter. "I don't know," replied Susan, "I've never seen anything like it." "Let's find out!" said Lucy, and before anyone could stop her, she had leapt into the tear and disappeared. Peter shook his head and said "Not again." He, Susan, and Edmund turned to Aslan and gave him a concerned look. Aslan simply jumped in after Lucy, and the other three Pevensies followed him.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #10
Acalewia

Aliya gaped. She looked down at Hector then back at the tear. Then, without another thought lept through. The Centaur didn't know what was on the other side of that tear, but she trusted Aslan's insight.

On the Middle Earth side

A young Dunedain was tending a fire on the edge of Gondor. The hood of the cloak was pulled up, but he was listening to everything around him. Too many strange things had begun to happen. It was best that he kept alert.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
kingofthenorth
Sapling

Salutations to my fellow RPG-ers! I have been known by a couple of names: james_the_great and mighty_half-elf, but alas, I keep forgetting my passwords and such so here I am under a new alias. I suppose I shall pick up where I left off.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Middle Earth

The Dunedain man quickly sprang to his feet as the horn of Gondor began to sound throughout the woods. He doused the fire and began to run as fast as his feet would take him towards Minas Tirith.

Meanwhile...back at the tear

Aliya fell forward on her stomach. All at once she felt several hands pulling her up on her feet and as she looked up, she saw the four High Kings and Queens of Narnia, Aslan, Tumnus, and Hector the fox, who had leapt through the tear after her. Before she could speak, Aslan signaled for silence and directed their attention towards a large, black ogre lumbering towards them.

"I thought that the ogres had all been destroyed!" whispered Edmund.

"As did I," replied Peter, "but this does not look like a Narnian ogre."

" 'Oy there!," shouted the ogre, "Queen Jadis don't like no trespassers!! You'll have to come with me so that Jadis can get a look at what you might be!"

"Jadis!" said Aliya, "Does he mean the White Witch?"

"I certainly hope not," answered Susan.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9
kingofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote