Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 PM   #1001
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl shrugged. 'Do as you wish, then.'

She no longer had reason to advise Nami, or to discuss such matters with her. It was not as if Tabrîl could prevent her from walking in the forest, if she chose to.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #1002
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"Look Tabril i know i dont know your ways in life and i've probably insulted you by accident. For which im sorry. I wasn't siding with Quickleaf, i...just didn't think it would be good for the group to have infighting, more so in this evil place. Heck i know Quickleaf was in the wrong, trust me i feel like stabbing the idoit now. But a group just doesn't work well when its fighting each other and not paying attension to the true evils."
Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #1003
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

The long, evergreen branches hung low over the stream, which trickled merrily down towards the rapids of the Anduin. Quickleaf longed to see the banks of the grand river, so that he could get a glimpse of his Lorien, his home.
Getting down to the stream, Quickleaf knelt down and held his face over the water, seeing his reflection. Reaching down Quickleaf cupped up some water and washed his face. A scar beneath his one eye had begun bleeding and he took up some of the moss nearby and held it up against the scar.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #1004
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

She frowned. 'You insulted me when you insulted M'haidati Abasi and when you refused to drop the matter as I bade you. I have decided now that I will not teach you.'

After pausing for a long moment, she sighed. 'It may be that you knew no better, and so I will forget the insult. Yet I can no longer speak with you as I did before, it would not be right. It was not right of me to treat you as though you were a warrior of the Kindi.'

It was natural that she sided with Quickleaf, when it came down to it, Tabrîl thought. Uwindi sided together against them, it was nothing new.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #1005
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"I did not wish to insult Abasi. I admit that me and Abasi have never been very friendly with each other but i never intended to do harm to him or you. With my kin we solve our differences with words, but i guess that is were we differ. Maybe that is why we differ, i am not a warror, though i defend my home, am..." Nami thought how to explain her self to someone who thought people fittered nicely into classes. "I am sister, daughter, fighter, defender, healer, friend...I am want im needed to be not what im made to be."

Last edited by feawen : 05-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #1006
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl smirked. 'You could not harm him. Or me. That is certain.' It was mildly amusing to her that Nami might think otherwise.

The rest of her words, however, were simply puzzling. It was a peculiarly uwindi sentiment, and not a wise one. It meant that Nami lacked focus, that she would never attain any true skill in anything she set out to do, this elf who both cared for the camp, and fought for it, and read books that meant she must share in the Mysteries of her people, whatever form they might take.

'I say that you are none of those things,' she answered slowly. 'You do all of them adequately by uwindi standards, perhaps, but none of them well. In trying to be everything, you become nothing. That is typical of uwindi.'

Tabrîl knew Nami would not listen, would not comprehend. Uwindi seldom did.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #1007
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami smiled. "There are more ways to hurt a person than with the sword and bow alone. You say i am none of these, i say i am all. I would rather be an adequate by uwindi standards and be a jack of all trades and be a rounded person then to see the world in one light alone. If this makes me a typical of uwindi than i am as gulty as you are for being a typical Avarin! There are more ways in life then your own, though you think yours the better, it is not always true! My life is my life, your life is your, let us each life our lifes as we see fit and without judgement, at least until you dont have to suffer our presence anymore!"
Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #1008
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

We've passed the 1000 reply limit. This game is continued here.