Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:55 AM   #41
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim took his seat once again he sighed "Now...is that....everyone" he said slowly.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:23 AM   #42
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"No, there's probably still a few visitors on their way," said Radagast, returning from his kitchen where he had put up an new kettle for tea. Haldis' tea was certainly well received among the visitors, and was drunk at a surprising speed. It was a good thing Radagast at least had anticipated such things and had expanded his usual food stores.

"Frankly," he continued, "I am already quite surprised that so many of you arrived at such short intervals. I hope nobody ran in too much trouble finding Rhosgobel."
Old 10-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #43
Nuelbar
Hobbit

"So, EarthShaker, I am curious. Did you receive a letter from gandalf a couple of months ago?"Bowen asked while walking towards Rhosgebel "Yes," EarthShaker replied to Bowen "I ... received ... the ... letter...and... came.. .as ... soon... as ... possible." EarthShaker said slowly. "Good!" Bowen exclaimed. How extraordinary this was to actually meet an Ent,Bowen thought to himself. "Aha!"Bowen said triumphantly, "we have finally found Rhosgebel!" "And look EarthShaker the cottage is just ahead that we are suppossed to meet at!" "That... is...not... the... only... thing... I... see...Bowen. By my beard, I see a female of my own kind!" EarthShaker said speaking faster because of the latter realization. "They were mythed Bowen!" "Mythed!" "Bowen, this is why we are here!" "Bowen speed up, they have already found one female ent without us! Come on! By my beard, I swear they won't find another without us!" EarthShaker said all of this very fast because of his excitement. Not only his talking sped up, though, his gait did too.

Bowen running to keep up with EarthShaker, realized why he was called EarthShaker. Every step EarthShaker took threatened to make him lose his balance.

As they neared the cottage, well near for an ent, probably about 35 or 40 feet, EarthShaker started talking in Entish REALLY LOUD. If anyone was in that cottage there was no way they could miss their arrival between the earth shaking like an earthquake and the loud yelling in Entish.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:24 AM   #44
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

"Pardon me" said Hamfast to the company, assuming that the deep rumbling sound was emanating from his innards. "Foreign tea always goes right through me."
Old 10-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #45
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Gandalf

Ingwionis awoke from his twelve-hour rest; no doubt it had been the longest rest he had had in many centuries. Living only one hundred leagues west of Urd (extreme-Northern Rhun), Ingwionis had resided here for only the few years since Sauron was destroyed, to defend the northlands from the Forodwaith (both the name of the region to the north as well as of the people from those areas). Even here he was far enough from Mirkwood that there were no Elves within hundreds of leagues, save for A'mael, the soon-to-be wife of Ingwionis. Together the couple had spent a short number of years in these wastelands, serving as scouts to Thranduil, who has thus-far remained in Greenwood the Great, despite the failing of its original glory.

The light of the "Rising West" was far off in the distance. Ingwionis had last spoken to Gandalf two years ago, and regretted not being at the Grey Havens to bid him a good journey. Despite his guilt for not being there to see his old friend one last time, he knew that upon his own return to the Undying Lands that he would see his friend again. Afterall, what danger could come to Ingwionis before his departure into the West?

This is the Land of Urd, Northern Rhun, Palisor, Middle Earth, November the Twenty-Third of the Fourth Year. The Fourth Age of this World. The White Council had altogether disbanded, most of whom went into the West. Ingwionis was the last of Vanyarin descent to remain in Middle Earth.

Ingwionis' soon-to-be wife, A'mael, approaches him with a scroll. "Ingwionis, the Brown Wizard summons you", she said to her fiance with a sad voice while putting the scroll on the table. "This scroll has been here for two weeks now."

They both knew that this adventure would begin soon, and that A'mael could not go. "You will be going to Ithilien. Legolas and company have begun to colonize the area and many of the Elves, even those who resided in the east for many long centuries, have come. You will be safe there."

"Where are you going", she asked in a concerned voice, while taking the scroll from the table. She continues as she reads on, "The Old Brown Lands, not much too far away from Ithilien, well at least not as far as one would imagine."

Ingwionis knows that the adventure ahead will be longer indeed than just a couple hundred leagues. "I have been delaying Radagast for too long as it is. My love, the Brown Lands are only our second stop. I have accepted the adventure ahead that will likely take me back into the Far East, even further east than here. I will be going to Rhosgobel. I am already late it seems."

"Then I'm going too", A'mael replied whilst once again putting the scroll down. "I'm not helpless in battle as you know."

Ingwionis looks down, thinking about when he last visited the Brown Lands. "It is said in legend that the Brown Lands were blasted away by Sauron, that not one green thing lived there ever after that time in the Second Age. The trees once lived, walked, and spoke there. The mates of the Ents, those who made our victories against Sauron possible, for if not for the Ents, Saruman may have become the master of this world and destroying Sauron wouldn't have been possible whilst the enemy held the Ring. We owe the Ents at least this one last duty."

"And as I have said, I'm going too", replied A'mael adamantly. "The duty has to be done and since I don't prefer the image of sitting in Ithilien wondering what's happening to you, I'm coming along."

"You weren't summoned. I was", Ingwionis told A'mael in a matter-of-fact voice. Ingwionis lifted the scroll from the table and pointed it at his fiance. "This is my mission. I cannot put you at risk. It happened before, and I cannot lose you."

"Strange that I'm worried more about something happening to you. I grow weary of saying this, so I only will one more time. I am going."

"Very well." Ingwionis sighs. "We leave early in the morning. An Eagle has been sent for me. I do not think he will appreciate having to carry two of us hundreds of leagues back to Rhosgobel. Nevertheless, we're going. Get some sleep."

Ingwionis doesn't sleep that night, especially for the fact that he had slept twelve hours the day before. He plans to leave his fiance near Mirkwood in Rhosgobel, so that Thranduil can lead her to safety, but he dismisses the plan as he knows that it's impossible to argue with A'mael. She will be going, despite Ingwionis' protest against it.

"Radagast is going to roast me for being late. I had better conjure a good excuse for my tardiness. These wizard types are not fooled easily though", Ingwionis thinks to himself. "I wonder why Gandalf couldn't have stayed here at least to assist in this mission. Well, thankfully the issue of the lost Entwives may be resolved, one way or another. I wonder, if it weren't for those inquisitive halflings, would we even be searching for the Entwives. Hmm... It is obvious that I will not be getting any rest this night. I may as well go with my original plan and come up with an excuse for being late to receive Radagast's orders." Ingwionis continues to think to himself through the night.

His mind continues to wander throughout the night. As eccentric as Ingwionis has become, he sometimes attempts to create new words in Quenya as well as the Common Tongue. He was always considered to be strange by those around him, but was respected for his dedication and duty to those in Middle Earth. Radagast most likely expected him to be somewhat late to the summons, so probably would not take it all that badly.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #46
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"You don't say... Master Hamfast? ...

It 's pickled eggs wi' me ..they just don't agree with me, seemingly..."
Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 PM   #47
Earniel

"Hmm," Radagast said as he steadied the glass pitcher on the table until the trembling of Earthshaker's heavy footfall subsided, "I could be mistaken, but I would say that sounds like one of the Ents has arrived to join us. And by the sound of that, he's very interested in your presence, my dear. He said to Blossomshade."

Last edited by Earniel : 10-25-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #48
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

At first, Aelfwine thought some sort of earthquake had struck. Until Radagast mentoned Ents.
"Just one. From the sounds of it, the whole crew must be coming," she said. Aelfwine was really looking forward to meeting this Ent, she heard great things from various people about the valor of the Ents.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-30-2007, 07:51 AM   #49
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Carnehilion had dozed off in a corner near the door, leaning up against the greenery covered wall, but promptly fell on his rear as the heavy foot falls of the ent shook the walls behind him, robbing him of his support.

Quickly gathering himself up off of the ground, he leapt up and peaked out of the door, only to stare and turn back to the assembled company. The Ent waved at him (or, well shook its branches, but it looked like waving), and Carnehilion found himself waving back.

"Um, Radagast, how pray is our newest visitor supposed to fit into (or over) the fence and into the yard? Perhaps we ought to er, move the teaparty to either out back or up front."
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #50
Nuelbar
Hobbit

"By my beard lady, where did you come from?" Earthshaker said as if he was in a dream. Immediately after saying this he noticed a door creak open on that cottage and someone was wagging their arm and hand. The habits of humans are funny,EarthShaker thought to himself as he shook one of his treeish arms at the human not knowing exactly what this shaking of the arm meant.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #51
Earniel

"We've managed to get in Blossomshade, so I suppose we can manage an Ent too. Although we might get a bit crowded after that."

Radagast went out to welcome Earthshaker.

"Welcome to Rhosgobel, master Ent."

"You have found the Entwives!"

"Only one, actually," admitted Radagast, "and she too wants to search for her relatives. But why don't you come in? You will have to bend down a bit to enter, but we've got more space in the yard."

"You are most welcome too," Radagast said to Bowen, now that he noticed the Ent had a companion.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #52
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Strider

"Why thank you" Bowen said, giving a small but respectful bow. Radagast nodded back at the man and paused, steering at Bowen with a strange look; squinting as if seeing something far off. Radagast smiled suddenly then and his strange mood past as suddenly as it came, continueing with his greetings he welcomed them to his home.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #53
Nautipus
Kraken King

Seratili approaches the house, all armor and beard, in a clank and clatter of arms against armor. Lost in thought he opens the door before realizing what was going on, and nearly drops his bag of supplies as he looks around the room.
"Oh.....my." He says and looks around, "Radagast, my old friend, what's all this? And where are you?"

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #54
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Arwen Undomiel

Naimi had left the wood of green leaves as it was now called behind her hours ago. She would have reached her distination ages ago. But she was taking her time being more interested in what she could hear and see. But now she had come to the house she was looking for. looking down at the letter in her hand she smiled to her self. "you do have many odd friends Gandalf!"
She lightly stepped up to the house and the gathering crowd. "good day everyone!" she called in a light voice. "Naimi, at your service one and all! i guess we are all here for the same reason!" she smiled holding up the letter she had so resently received.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #55
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Old Barli... now halfway through a pint of ale, from one of the many kegs that he'd kindly brought the party secured to the back of his oliphaunt (bit of a tale about that'n ... he'd won the beast in a bet wi' one o' them southerners one night at t' Pony... )

squinted at the letter held aloft in her hand ...

slowly and in flabby ripples a look akin to guilt seeped across his features ...

... he hoped old Gandalf had not put a date on the damn things ....

He poured Hamfast another and put his feet up as hamfast passed over the pipe ...

well, they were a funny looking crew these furruners, an no mistake.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #56
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Arwen Undomiel

a strange round man gave Naimi a funny look as her held up her lettle. Shrugging she smiled, "any ale going spare for me?"
Old 11-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #57
orithil
Captain Jack

"Has all our party arrived yet Radagast? or are we still waiting on some more?"
Hedrim yawned and stretched out in his chair ignoring all the noise and people around him and drowsing off slightly.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #58
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Strider

"Yes thank goodness." replied Radagast looking back at Hedrim, "I fear my modest home would split apart if more were to come."

No answer came from him though, Hedrim was already fast asleep (and snoring loudly). It had been a long day of journeys for all his guessed Radagast decided and ere dark, he would need to make sleeping arrangements for everyone.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #59
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim shook his head and opened his eyes "my apologise Radagast it has been a long day"
Radagast nodded "If you must make sleeping arangements i can sleep on the couch in here and keep watch"

Old 11-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #60
Earniel

"I admit it will be a challenge to give everybody a sleeping place tonight," Radagast said with a smile. "Although my neighbours have been kind enough to lend me some pillows and blankets. But after tonight a forest floor will have to be sufficient for everyone, I fear."

Outside the light started to wane. It had been a few hours now since the last adventurer had arrived, and all tea, ale and food had been made good use of. The evening was filled with quiet conversation as Radagast guests got somewhat acquainted with one another. But nothing had been said of the Entwives just yet and Radagast felt it was time to do so.

"Now," Radagast said at last, "I suppose I have kept you waiting long enough, and as you said earlier, Hedrim, it's been a long day. But there is much to be discussed just yet. Do you all still feel up listening to an old man telling you about the quest we're about to embark on? Or we might leave such talk until the morning light when you have all rested from your journey here."