Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Entmoot I: National Emergency

I was sitting around one day, and got an awesome idea. As Entmoot history, despite a few interesting happenings such as the annual April Fools' Day celebration, is boring. So, it is the purpose of this RPG, and its sequels, to add some color. Basically, you will act as you are now--I only created this thread to avoid cluttering other threads, as the Teacup Cafe would have sufficed as the main thread. So, to keep the board tidy, all RPGing will take place in this thread, and the threads that resemble places (the Teacup Cafe, the Avatar Shop, etc.) shall be referred to as such.

It is a quiet, peaceful day in the Entmoot countryside, just outside of the capital city, Isengard (with all of its deep ponds and hanging gardens), which, as chance would have it, is situated just north of the Gap of Rohan. SneakyRat and his family are out enjoying a picnic in the fields. Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, butterflies are fluttering and singing (!?), and--
And the grass starts moving. As whatever is moving nears, a soldier appears, then another, and another. The forefront of an invading army!
SneakyRat (et al.) are quite alarmed, and get up to run. All are shot in their tracks, with what appear to be electrolasers set to stun.

In town, everyone is at the Teacup Cafe, a local favorite of the...well, locals, preparing for a big feast that was to be held that night in honor of President Hector Berlioz's third year as President of Entmoot. It was being hosted by all of the political parties and the owner of the Teacup, Nurvingiel.
The President, however, forgot his violin (he planned to entertain the guests in return) and his pair of pink flip-flops. Trolls' Bane, hereout known as Tabby, who no longer lives in Entmoot but stays frequently, went with him to retrieve them, as Tabby forgot the notes he made for his big speech, as he was invited to host the party, and his pig hat (shaped like a pig, made with pink fabric), for show. Tabby had been staying in one of the spare rooms of the Green House, which as you know is the seat of government of Entmoot and is situated up the main street, which is quite aptly named Main Street, from Orthanc, which serves both as the seat of the Entmoot Congress, and as as the place where important people are ceremoniously sworn in to office.
Tabby went into the guest room, while Hector went up to his own room. Once retrieving that which he needed, he went out into the foyer to wait for Hector. Presently, he heard some arguing, and two loud thumps.
Tabby went up the stairs to investigate, and what should he see but the President laying on the ground with a big, fluffy dart in his neck, and a soldier nursing an injured nose.
Upon seeing him, all of the soldiers in the room pounced to take him prisoner, and, seizing the opportunity, Tabby used two well-placed Vulcan nerve-pinches to take out two of them, but they came from all directions and he too was shot in the neck with a large, red, fluffy dart.

When the hallucinations wore off and he awoke, he realized that he was in a concrete storage shed, of many in and around the Green House. Outside stood two guards. Hector was slumped on the floor, apparently still hallucinating because he was attempting to dance the Macarena with his hands tied behind his back.

Meanwhile, the rest of the soldiers were looting the city and burning down buildings. Those in the Teacup Cafe rushed out to see what was going on, only to see those residents not in attendance to the party fleeing in terror and in complete disarray.

OOC: Please leave it open for me to establish the Teacup as a base of operations after I escape.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

How annoying. Nothing disrupts a popover bake like crowd noise at a crucial interval. Siscuz climbed the garden wall and peered cautiously between the branches of the cherry tree, hoping to identify the culprits. The rumble was uneven, not the sportive happy noise of the tar and feathering party preparing for spirited political debate for Hector's celebration, but a surging noise suggestive of a real emergency. Siscuz climbed quickly to the rooftop garden for a better look. From here it was evident that some sort of skirmish, or skirmishes, were being fought near the Green House, and Teacup. The pattern of random running spread out from there.

Quickly, Siscuz selected a dove from the cote and attached a message to its silver ankle, then watched it wing over the cityscape. After a moment's thought, another message was sent in a second direction, before Siscuz returned grimly to the bakeovens.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May

Last edited by sisterandcousinandaunt : 06-07-2007 at 06:13 PM.
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
trolls' bane

Tabby knew it was now or never. Somehow, he had to get free of his bindings. So, ever the practical person, he picked himself up as best as he could and, once standing, searched the shed for a gardening tool. He found, by chance, a well-placed jigsaw, so, backing in to it, he picked it up and after some difficulty clamped it to the work bench with a vice. He then began to work on cutting.

About an hour later, the bonds snapped. He was free. Now all he had to do was wait. Whilst doing so, he cut Hector's bonds, with considerably less trouble. He then slid behind the door, waiting for it to open.
The door opened. As soon as the person who opened the door was all the way through, he nerve-pinched him and grabbed for his gun, which by chance happened to be a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and which, as rumor had it, could blow one's head clean off.
Luckily, no one was waiting outside. He attempted to revive Hector, but soon realized that this was quite impossible: Hector had been drugged quite heavily. He would have to carry him out. He tried, but failed. Someone shot at him, so he had to leave Hector in the cell. He would have to come back later, better prepared.

He ran out, and hid amongst the bushes, as he slowly crept toward the wall. Getting over it would prove difficult, as there were guards stationed on it. No, he would have to go back into the Green House.
This, however, turned out to be simple. There was no one in the downstairs section, nor even in the wing that he needed to get to. He quickly slid behind a bookcase in the President's study, and used Hector's passageway to the outside, coming out of the Green House in the back of a certain well-known Chinese restaurant, Chairmann's Great Wok Forward, apparently referring to some great world leader somewhere. He crawled out from the basement, and by way of alleyways and parks made it to the Teacup.

Outside the Teacup, there were many worried onlookers, completely unaware of the gravity of the situation, staring out the windows hoping the looting didn't come their way. Tabby ran in, and stood up on a table, ready to make the announcement.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #4
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

tolkienfan, one of the completely unaware onlookers outside of the Teacup Cafe, watched as trolls' bane ran into the Teacup and jumped on the table. She wasn't very worried, this was Entmoot after all, but went over to the table to hear what he had to say.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
trolls' bane

"Comrades!," Tabby shouted above the din, "I bring to you very grave news! Entmoot has been invaded! The government has fallen, and they've captured President Berlioz! I tried to save him, but I was too ill-equipped. We must form a resistance movement, and fortify the Cafe! On my way back, I've been thinking about programs we could implement. We have no clue what this dictator, whose name is bob, has in mind, so we must be prepared for anything."

Townspeople, alarmed, shuffled about, trying to create a makeshift trench and wall around the Cafe. A few of the more brave ones barricaded the major streets, to halt any further advances made by the revolutionaries.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 AM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

... and the more mellow ones, like Rianowki, poured themselves some more chai tea ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #7
trolls' bane

"An excellent choice!" the bartender said, now sporting a sawn-off shotgun and a bandoleer of shotgun shells.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:38 AM   #8
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

"Gimme a shot ... er, a bit of hot milk with my chai, please!" cries Rianowski

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Prince Myshkin bursts into the room riding on the back of his VERY large tiger holding his Bat'leth over his head. The tiger and his rider jump over the trenches industriously being made by sensible 'mooters. " O.K. people it REALLY is bad out there, we need to do something." Myshkin looks around the room noticing the trench for the first time. "Except dig trenches."
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
trolls' bane

"Aye, sir!" said Tabby, now sporting a fez and a sword, in addition to the stolen .44 Magnum. "I'm in charge here, for now. Our first priority is to get all mooters into the Cafe, and set up a perimiter a kilometer in diameter to prevent anyone from entering besides Entmoot residents. We will then work on securing weapons for the militia, and take back the greenhouse."
Old 06-15-2007, 12:18 AM   #11
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
"Aye, sir!" said Tabby, now sporting a fez and a sword, in addition to the stolen .44 Magnum. "I'm in charge here, for now. Our first priority is to get all mooters into the Cafe, and set up a perimiter a kilometer in diameter to prevent anyone from entering besides Entmoot residents. We will then work on securing weapons for the militia, and take back the greenhouse."
Siscuz enters, from the kitchen entrance, looking for sane, or BOP, or anyone who might reasonably be expected to be able to handle a weapon effectively.

"Point of information, Tabby. How do you expect people to set up a perimeter if a) you have everyone stuffed in the Teacup, and b)they don't have any weapons yet?" Siscuz gestures to the guy with the Bat'leth. "Any more of those around? Nice hat, Tabby."

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 06-16-2007, 12:02 PM   #12
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

"I've got my trusty Sting replica!" says tolkienfan eagerly, pulling a letter-opener sized Sting out of her bag. "Oh, and luckily I just happened to be wearing my homemade Elven cloak today."

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!

Last edited by tolkienfan : 06-16-2007 at 12:27 PM.
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #13
trolls' bane

"Excellent! Unfortuantely, you are right, Siscuz. I'm working on that... Perhaps you've forgotten the Cafe armory, third basement down. And you may want to keep that letter opener in mind."
Old 06-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #14
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

You're fortunate to be so trusting, Tabby. Which of these gin-swilling sots do you trust to make it past the cellars and get to the weapons AND back? Supposing that old mathom house hasn't been emptied by one of Hector's random bands of black marketeers.

Any idea who thought it necessary to invade us? They're spending more on salary and weapons than just buying the election would cost...doesn't speak well for their intellect.

Personally, I'm okay for weapons

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 06-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Prince Myshkin stands up and says "While I don't personally know the President well I think that we shouldn't let those savages out there have him. He might reveal state secrets... Right? So I think we should form a task force to go rescue him. Who wants to volunteer for this dangerous mission? Tabby this kind of thing sounds right up your alley. Maybe we should stop in the second as well as the third cellar to make the mission more appealing to the masses.
Oh and Siscuz unfortunately my Bat'leth is a family heirloom."
The tiger next to Myshkin growls and nudges his shoulder. "Cringer is ready to go..."
Old 06-16-2007, 11:10 PM   #16
orithil
Captain Jack

Orithil stumbles into the room he turns around and shoots back with his revolver and someone screams as they fall dead, Orithil lowers his Sappara.
"ok we are getting it delt to us pretty bad prince myshkin, i would suggest a tactical advance in the oppisite direction would be in our best intrests"
Orithil looks around "why were you digging trenches?"

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
trolls' bane

"Yes, I will go," Tabby says. "Anyone else?"
Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #18
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
"Yes, I will go," Tabby says. "Anyone else?"
*The room is filled with one of those embarassing silences.*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 06-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Myshkin laughs, "See, I'm glad you wondered about the trenches too. Alright let's move somewhere. Orthil you seem petty handy with that weapon. Let’s get moving this doesn't seem like it's going to be a safe place for much longer. Is there any food left in the kitchens we could take with us? I'm feeling a little peckish."
Old 06-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #20
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
Myshkin laughs, "See, I'm glad you wondered about the trenches too. Alright let's move somewhere. Orthil you seem petty handy with that weapon. Let’s get moving this doesn't seem like it's going to be a safe place for much longer. Is there any food left in the kitchens we could take with us? I'm feeling a little peckish."
"I think it's best there's three of us anyway. I prefer guerilla tactics, as I was trained by Mao Tse Tung's Communist army fighting Chiang Kai-Shek before I moved back to the states and doned my onion ring for the last time for forty more years. There's some Lembas in the refrigerator behind the bar."