Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #61
orithil
Captain Jack

There was little more Dirith could do until the orcs had broken through he had heard of a band of rangers to the south (i think) he would have to investigate.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #62
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"Eruanna!" Boromir called when he saw the elf ride full speed into Osgiliath. "I didn't think you would make it in time."
"I'm here aren't I!" she said as she dismounted. "Where's your brother?"
"Farther in. Orcs are pushing us back. I don't know how long we can hold."
"Hold! The orcs can be pushed back. Just hold!"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:51 PM   #63
orithil
Captain Jack

Dirith slayed two more gondorians with his sword as his fell beast began tearing gondorians soldiers apart with his mighty jaws and smashing buildings with his tail and torso.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #64
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar smiled at Revion's reply as they continued onward. He was glad to have the helping hand of wise Celeborn in these matters. Revion was right, of course; there was nothing to do now but prepare and then wait. The two came after a while to the flet in the eastern side of the City of Trees, where the two shared lodging. Raenambar bade Revion a good night, for Arien had set during the talk with the Lady, and with his Elfin balance he walked back out onto his favorite perch and there sat gazing out over the surrounding lands. He sat in thought for a long while, his mind skipping from subject to subject. It was getting cold when he finally decided he should go and sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Drat it all, Pip!" Merry thought as he walked just a few paces in front of Oak Leaf. The two had promised to meet on the edge of the Old Forest to discuss what to do in light of the coming of Frodo's and Bilbo's upcoming birthday. Of course, they had gotten suspicious of old Biblo's wily antics, but as of yet all they could do was talk. Still, he wandered where that trouble-making Took was and what he was up to. Subconciously, he knew it would be much easier for him to march into Buckland leading Oak Leaf with Pippin at his side than all by his lonesome.
He glanced back at the Hourness, smiled, and said, "It's not much farther from here. Just a bit more along this road." At least he was now comfortable with the idea of a walking, talking tree than he was a few minutes ago.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #65
Pip
Elven Warrior

Peregrin Took ran as fast as he could toward the borders of the Old Forest. He had to agreed to meet Merry there. Unfortunately, it took more time than the young hobbit had anticipated to finish his chores at the farm and then avod anyone who would dump more work on him, before he could get awa. As a result he was running late. He had tried taking some shortcuts from the path in order to make up for lost time but it wasn't helping much. He was running so fast that he wasn't watching where he was going, when he barreled into Merry suddenly. The two hobbits when down in a flurry of arms and furry feet.
When they reached the flet, Revion watched as his friend, after bidding good night, went out to perch in the branches and smiled. He grabbed his pack and began packing what little he had in it. He had arrived with little, what with his wandering around all the time, and had accumulated very little during his stay. When he was done he set it beneath the window, out of the way, and went to sleep.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #66
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf startled when Pippin came crashing into Merry. Her foliage fluffed out like the feathers of a disturbed bird as she held her branch hand to her mouth. There the Hobbits lay in the path covered with leaves. She was not sure why the smaller hobbit had come crashing into Merry.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #67
orithil
Captain Jack

"I sense another power here" hiseed dirith to his lieutenant.
"yes i smell elf flesh" grunted reakor
"i shall deal with it" said Dirith

Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #68
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Pippin!" cried Merry in a wirl of surprise, anger, relief, and annoyance. Pushing with all his might, Merry shoved Pippin off of his body. He sat up breathing heavily. The wind had been knocked out of him by the collision, and because of this, he was too preocupied to notice Pippin's reaction to the ruffled Oak-Leaf. "Where... where have you been?"

__________________________________________________ _______________

It was early when Raenambar awoke. He slept in a sort of room on the flet separate to Revion's room. He rose slowly, but not due to any physical burden; no, like always his mind was in a sea of thought. He wondered if today the messengers from Celeborn would arrive with the order of their exile. He walked back out onto the flet, but he did not go out onto his limb. He faced the south, and frowned as he saw with his Elfin sight the steep, barren sides of the mountain chain that surrounded the land of Mordor. Anger filled him at the thought of his captivity in Dol-Guldur. Turning away, he cast his gaze above the canopy of Caras Galadhon and westward, where his future surely awaited.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:19 PM   #69
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion woke not long after Raenambar and found his friend surveying the landscape off in the distance. He followed his friend's gaze and realized where it was headed.
"It's not use dwelling on it now you know," he said in reference to his friend's feelings about Dol Guldur. He then added, "nor is it any use worrying about what will come."
------------------------------------------------------
Pippin rubbed his head tenderly after Merry pushed him up. It was then that he noticed Oak-leaf. His mouth worked up and down in astonishment. His atention was so focused on her that he didn't hear Merry addressing he said. After a while he spoke.
"Merry, there's a tree behind you, and it's watching us."
Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #70
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

OOC:
I'll wait for Hourn to reply before continuing in the Shire.

IC:
Raenambar nodded at his friend's words as he noted the truth in them. Still, the anger he felt towards his captivity was great, and he would probably never be over his rage against the Enemy. He smiled at Revion and nodded again. Pacing toward the edge of the flet, he gazed down onto the forest floor, where he caught the slight signs of Elfish movement far below. He looked to see if any guards might be on their way up to his flet, for the anxiety of all that was happening was eating him from within.
"Your right not to worry about the past," said Raenambar, "but I cannot help but worry about the future. Everything is so unclear now. I'm not sure about what to do."
Raenambar did not mention that his lack of memory also made him nervous, for it caused him to lack in the most important area of an Elf's life: experience. He could recall nothing from his past experience, save that ever constant twitch in his hands that only settled when he held a blade. That was of all things the most mysterious about him. Why was it he could remember above all things how to fight? As if in attempt to answer his question he went to his room and found his two swords. The one with the black blade he did not draw, but his white blade he drew and held with an experienced grip. He eyed the sword, still oblivious as to where it came from, or why he had been found with it.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #71
orithil
Captain Jack

Dirith was having second thoughts about investigating this power so he waited.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #72
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion nodded when Raenambar made his statement about not being able to help worrying about the future, what with things being so clear. He had to admit that he understood that. When he had first lost his parents, he was a wreck due to the fact that he didn't know what was going to happen or where his life was going to go. But years of living in the wild had shown him that, while it was good to be prepared, one never knew if they would live to see the next day, which taught him to take life one step at a time.
Revion followed the elder elf into his room, where Raenambar picked up his white blade and began studying it.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 PM   #73
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I was found with this," said Raenambar at last to Revion, "When I was rescued from Dul-Guldor by Mithrandir. The other sword, the black one, I was also found bearing. Strange, isn't it? A prisoner found with weapons. Why did I have them? Why do I fear the black blade?"
As Raenambar asked this, he sheathed his white sword and looked down at the black one. It was no memory that drove his fear. He simply feared it; like the same way his hand twitched. Why? Would these questions now be answered for him? Now that he was to leave his sanctuary, could he find that which his heart desired? He looked up at Revion, whose face showed a look of knowing. That settled his mind a little.
"Right." Raenambar said, "Let's go, I don't want to wait around here all day. It's sure to be much better outside the city, today at least."
Old 11-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #74
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion followed Raenambar after giving one last glance at the blades. His mind began mulling over Raenambar's question about how a prisoner could have blades with him and his imagination was thinking of a few reasons. He didn't voice these though. After all, they were manifestations of his imagination and his friend had too much on his mind than to be further worried by the younger elf's speculations.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #75
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The Huorn blinked and just waved her branch at Pippin. Then she spoke slowly in her rather clumsy way. "Greetings, I Oak Leaf".

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:06 AM   #76
Pip
Elven Warrior

Pippin squaked in surprise when the tree adressed him and stepped back, tripping in the proccess. He fell backwards, all the while still looking up at the tree in astonishment. After he was breathing properly again he looked over at Merry.
"Merry," he asked, "what is going on?"
Old 12-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #77
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"I...uh, well," Merry began, "I'm... I'm taking Oak Leaf here to see Saradoc."
He gave a weak smiled to Pippin which said everything. He stood up and offered a hand to help his friend up off the ground.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #78
Pip
Elven Warrior

Pippin took his cousin's hand and got up from the forest floor, listening to Merry's explanation and stood surveying him for a moment.
"So," he said a little bit doubtfuly, "you plan on taking a giant, walking talking tree to go see Uncle Saradoc. How exactly do you plan on preventing wide-sread panic when the rest of the hall sees this?" He then adressed both Merry and Oak Leaf. "And just what is this about anyway?"
Old 01-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #79
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"She said that Saradoc makes droughts for her sometimes," Merry said, but now his smile turned into a contemplating frown as he thought over Pippin's words. They made sense, of course, and they had crossed his mind long before his cousin had spoken them. However, he simply could not at first find the heart to say "no" to Oak Leaf. Now, though, he knew, or was at least deeply convinced, that Oak Leaf shouldn't be brought out of the forest into Buckland. Though he felt bad to say it, he believed he had no choice. Turning to look up at Oak Leaf he said solemnly, "You know, I think he's right. I feel bad about it, but I just don't see a way to get to to Saradoc without things going crazy. Pip and I don't want the trouble, and I'm sure you don't want more shiny things thrown at you, so..." with a sigh he finally said, "...I'm sorry, I can't take you to see Saradoc."
Old 01-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #80
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"Nazgul!" Someone shouted.
"Take cover!" another shouted. Eruanna knew she didn't have a chance against a Nazgul. She also remembered the one that had attacked her and the young Rider. She smiled slightly as an idea formed in her mind.
"I know that look" Boramir commented. "And it always leads you into trouble" Eruanna sheathed her sword and nocked an arrow. She aimed at the Fell Beast.
"Pilin en' templa! Nar!" She loosed the arrow.

Magic Arrow
Fire

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote