Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Books I'm Waiting For...

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time nr:s 10 - 12.

Stephen King's Dark Tower nr:s 5 - 7.

The last book of the NJO-series.

Terry Brooks' part three of the "Journey..." (that will have to do with Shannara-books for me)

...and that's about it.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Please say Wheel of Time is actually going to end with 12? Then I might actually get back to reading it... I quit after #7 because it was just dragging on forever and ever.

As for what I'm looking forward to: well, I'd have to admit quite honestly that I don't follow current literature so much anymore. Too much older stuff to catch up on first before I start planning ahead. Maybe it's also because I generally don't read series fiction. Although there's the next Harry Potter...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:59 AM   #3
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I'm waiting for the next Harry Potter too. As well as the next book by some Australian fantasy authors.
Fortunately, though, the next 20 or so books on my list are all Tolkien-related, hence are already published, so I don't need to wait.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:17 PM   #4
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Fortunately, though, the next 20 or so books on my list are all Tolkien-related, hence are already published, so I don't need to wait.
Yeah, me too!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:27 AM   #5
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I'm waiting for my church library to get a couple of books by Gilbert Morris.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:06 AM   #6
Huan
Elven Warrior

If that rumor I read at this forum about a newly discovered translation by Tolkien of Beowulf is true, then I am anxiously awaiting that. Otherwise, most of my favorite books were all written hundreds or thousands of years ago, so I don't really know whom I should be waiting for. I stay so out of the loop regarding current authors. Basically, I arrive at the public library where I work and on the days we get new shipments I'm pleasantly surprised by whatever new arrivals happen to strike my fancy.
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #7
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
*Sigh* I'm alwats waiting for some book or other to come out.

Fearless: Before Gaia
Left Behind: Armegeddon
and Alias:#3

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #8
galadriel
Elven Warrior

I'm waiting for Orson Scott Card's Shadow Puppets to come out in paperback. I'm a cheapie.

And, of course, Harry Potter. Last week, I saw the cover art on amazon.com and got unduly excited over it. Sigh.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:34 PM   #9
gandalfstormcrow
Enting

Quote:
Stephen King's Dark Tower nr:s 5 - 7
I thought they were supposed to out already. *sigh*
gandalfstormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:23 PM   #10
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by gandalfstormcrow
I thought they were supposed to out already. *sigh*
No. According to the printingschedule on the Stephen King site the books will come out like this:

nr 5: nov-03
nr 6: summer of 2004
nr 7: nov-04

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 05-13-2003 at 01:35 PM.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #11
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Armegeddon came out!!! YEAH and I just finished reading it. Only two more books to go

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 05-12-2003, 10:41 PM   #12
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Don't you hate it when you wait for ever to get a book and then read the whole thing in a day or two?
Old 05-15-2003, 05:12 PM   #13
Aralyn
FloraAzul

YES!!! EXACTLY

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
Old 05-16-2003, 10:58 PM   #14
Silpion
Elven Warrior

"The Vanished Man: A Lincoln Rhym Novel" which is out but I reserved it at the library (I am number 2 on the wait list). I also have reserved "Stolen" by Kelley Armstrong (number 3) and "Club Dead" by Charlaine Harris (number 4). I have a feeling I will end up borrowing all three books at once. I am also waiting for "To the Nines: A Stephanie Plum Novel" by Janet Evanovich and, of course, the new Harry Potter book.
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 02:52 AM   #15
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
Don't you hate it when you wait for ever to get a book and then read the whole thing in a day or two?
Yes. I fear I will do that when Harry Potter 5 comes out. Still waiting for that...
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:30 AM   #16
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I just finished reading the first four Harry Potter books (I read them about three years ago but I'd forgotten them), so now I'm waiting anxiously for the next one. I'm debating whether to buy it (it costs a whopping $45) or order it from the library.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:10 AM   #17
Baby-K
Corruptor

Secrets & Lies - Wouter Basson and South Africa's Chemical & Biological Warfare Programme (This is the autobiography of SA's "Doctor Death" - he was at the helm of the CBW programme during apartheid era SA)

Rabbit-Proof Fence (this should give you an idea)

Quote:
Written by Doris Pilkington, the daughter of the oldest girl, Molly, the story traces the traumatic uprooting of the three sisters from their community in Northwestern Australia. Following a government edict in 1931, black children and children of mixed marriages were gathered up and brought to settlements where they were to be disciplined to abandon their aboriginal heritage, and taught to be culturally white. The three sisters, Molly, Gracie and Daisy quickly planned an escape from the Moore River Native Settlement with its harsh life of padlocks, barred windows, hard cold beds and horrible food. Solitary confinement was doled out as regular punishment and they were forbidden to speak their own language. The girls headed for the nearby rabbit-proof fence that stretches over 1000 miles through the desert toward their home. Their journey lasted over a month, and they survived on everything from emus to feral cats, while narrowly avoiding the police, professional trackers, and hostile white settlers. Their story is a truly moving tale of defiance and resilience.
A Caress of Twighlight (Laurell K Hamilton) - apparently it's a saucy fantasy - will check it out.

Damned sure wish delivery didn't take so long - still waiting for my hardcover copy of The Wee Free Men (Terry Pratchett)
Old 05-21-2003, 06:14 AM   #18
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
Damned sure wish delivery didn't take so long - still waiting for my hardcover copy of The Wee Free Men (Terry Pratchett)
That's the bugger I'm waiting for in Paperback, oh and Nightwatch.......I managed to download a copy of Nightwatch, but it was the bleedin' American version

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 06:22 AM   #19
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
That's the bugger I'm waiting for in Paperback, oh and Nightwatch.......I managed to download a copy of Nightwatch, but it was the bleedin' American version
I was toiling with the idea of getting Nightwatch, but I went on an online shopping spree of note (summin like 5 books and about 18 cd's plus a few kiddies stuff for Martin - god I need help And there was this pretty bracelet that I really liked, but it's costume jewelry, so I can't wear it (God blessed me with an allergy to anything less than 18cr gold - I suppose it's a blessing in disguise ), so I couldn't quite fit it into the budget this time round
Old 05-21-2003, 06:27 AM   #20
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
I was toiling with the idea of getting Nightwatch, but I went on an online shopping spree of note (summin like 5 books and about 18 cd's plus a few kiddies stuff for Martin - god I need help And there was this pretty bracelet that I really liked, but it's costume jewelry, so I can't wear it (God blessed me with an allergy to anything less than 18cr gold - I suppose it's a blessing in disguise ), so I couldn't quite fit it into the budget this time round
......now there is a book everyone should invest in

How To Kill A Credit Card by K T Corruptor

Oh yes, and I'm currently waiting for Micheal Moorcock to get his finger out of his wotsit and finish the Latest Elric books.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote