Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #541
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

get thee to rpg not ze discussion thread!!

( oh dear ...now there really IS deja vu ...huh? )

welcome aboard Sir hector of the 1001 ideas!
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #542
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh big H!!

no
Quote:
'quoting'
in da rpg for real!!!

but great to see ya!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #543
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, happy birthday, Gordis.

The old RPG... ah, yes... BB, I appreciate you thinking of me, I got the PM at PiL the other day, but I'm sorry, I am just not into writing in the old Fellowship any longer. The game ended ages ago, despite my desperate attempts to keep it from dying when Of Wraiths started, and especially after Of Wraiths wrapped, when all kinds of bitter blood was flowing in the ringwraith camp. The Fellowship ended. Crazy Squirrel is permanently gone, Gordis has expressed she has zero desire to come back to the old Fellowship, and TD - gone, Gone Gone Gone. I really don't have the time, desire or energy to come around Entmoot any more, either, you know full well how much I had to go through in this forum. It irritates me tremendously just to be logged on right now.

NO ONE MAY USE MY CHARACTER in this RPG, if you guys feel like coming here and re-starting our old RPG with a bunch of new players, fine, whatever, but under no uncertain terms do you get to play my wraiths, Viv and Mor. And you ought not to play Crazy Squirrel's Lily, or Gordis' wraiths, either, it wouldn't be right. Or TD's wraith. And Mor was Viv's boyfriend, remember? Thou shalt not touch, dammit. I don't know why you guys don't just start a brand-new RPG with your new group, and let Fellowship stay where it is. All due respect, but it ain't a reunion with Hector & Julie and whomever else coming in, it is a new union.

I miss the good old days when this RPG started, I really do. The pre-Of Wraiths early Fellowship days. I miss Crazy Squirrel most of all.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:15 AM   #544
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

was just a suprise year-on drunken party for Gor... (well i was drunk anyway )

i do not beleive anyone used your character - certainly there is no intention to tread on any toes at all I, of all people Lotsy would be the last to suggest that!!! other than a one night only suprise rpg party ...

just for clarity: - it was just a birthday suprise ...

...SOMEWHAT badly organised

. .. i do not beleive there is any intention to redo this RPG ... if anything happened IN RPG TERMS it Would be a new rpg entirely, maybe based around some of Landrovel, CAB, Alcuin, Olmer, jammi and Gor's explorations of tolkien hypotheticals ...

Best, BB
Old 07-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #545
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I thank all who participated in this night's surprise party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Well, happy birthday, Gordis.
Thank you, Lotesse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I don't know why you guys don't just start a brand-new RPG with your new group, and let Fellowship stay where it is. All due respect, but it ain't a reunion with Hector & Julie and whomever else coming in, it is a new union.
I second that. There is no way to continue the Fellowship now, even, sad to say, the Wraiths-Kings. What is gone is gone.

But I don't think anyone here had such an intention anyway. So, peace.
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:19 PM   #546
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

agreed about the fellowship ... till next jult 19th of course!

(damn ...gave it away ... )

but wraiths?

Nay, that still lives ...some people left .. that's their call ... but there is a whole new city and new characters and plenty of plots ... and a new generation of rpgers to make new characters ...
Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #547
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
agreed about the fellowship ... till next jult 19th of course!

(damn ...gave it away ... )

but wraiths?

Nay, that still lives ...some people left .. that's their call ... but there is a whole new city and new characters and plenty of plots ... and a new generation of rpgers to make new characters ...
Nay, that does NOT still live, and if there is, as you say, "a whole new city and new characters and plenty of plots" - then what is preventing you from creating A NEW RPG, and leave Of Wraiths and Fellowship alone? A whole new city, new characters, and plenty of plots sounds like a whole new RPG to me. Why suck off the creative work of others? create and name something new. Your atempts to utilise other people's work without their collective permission, is stunningly arrogant and intensely insulting to us who made Fellowship and Of Wraiths, and the town layout, area design, wraiths themselves, etcetera. I am amazed at your presumptuous, brash egocentric thieving tactics, Butterbeer. It is a spit and slap in our faces, what you are trying to do by hijacking our RPG.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #548
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Nazgul My feelings about BB's attempts to ressurect old games

Now, as the threads for the Wraiths are closed, (and thank you for that, Val! ), I have no other option as to reply here - to let you know my feelings on the matter.

Butterbeer, when you resurrected "the Fellowship" for one night, "to celebrate my birthday" I DID have a sick feeling, much as Lotesse had - it looked like merry dancing on a fresh grave to me. However, just not to spoil your fun, I didn't complain.

Now, Butterbeer, I have to say, your attempt to continue "the Wraiths" with new crew, without getting any prior agreement of the original players, feels like a slap in the face.

Your input was rather weak altogether in the GAME, not like in the Discussion thread, but you sure were one of the principal causes it has ended as it ended. You started all this baiting and quarrelling in the first place, considerably lowering the plank of what was considered permitted.

After you sort of "left" - hurting the feelings of many people in the process - the quarreling only continued.

Do show some damn respect for those who DIDN't want to leave but HAD to.

Now about the maps etc. They are MY intellectual property (in some cases shared with MERP modules - but sill), NOT anyone else's. You were even complaining that I did them in the first place, attacking me for that as well . Have you forgotten?

And I am NOT GIVING YOU MY PERMISSION to use any of them now. I would have given it, willingly, you know, if asked nicely. But you didn't do it. So, NO.

Now you can start whatever new game you want, but hands off of other people's characters and my maps.

Now, I want to appeal to mods, Val in particular. Could you kindly go to the main game thread of Wraihs-Kings and delete the posts starting from 878 on page 44?

We so tried to keep the main thread clean and readable - it is offending to see this ugly row in the end.

Anyway, Lotesse did express her feelings (which I completely share) in the Discussion thread as well, so it could be kept for posterity there.

Last edited by Gordis : 07-21-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #549
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I had thought of doing so from the start - but it is done now. I did a split to preserve the posts, if there's any need for that. At least for a time.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #550
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thank you, Val.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #551
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, i agree with you totally Gor.

it debased the actual rpg to have that there rather than the disc thread.
delete it - it was abhorrent, to me as well in the actual rpg.

for myself, i had intended , given any time to see who was interested in reviving their own characters ... but lotsy just wanted it shut and flamed ... *shrugs*

flame rules huh?

approx 30 mins or an hour or whatever it was ... is not time to give anyone the benefit of any potential doubt

but ,if you, of all people, doubt my intentions... ?? ..all i can honestly say is ...at least attempt to find out what they ACTUALLY are before you assume you know them ...

i cannot in truth say fairer or more honestly than that ...

for the rest ... make your own jugdement ... i am an easy going person ..make your own mind up ...but i was never given any time to see who wanted to continue ... and who didn't and work out what would be acceptable to all parties ...

*shrugs again*

i DO understand many of lotsy's points (partly WHY i din't get angry) and yours ...and Vals' ... i just wanted to get it rolling .. i am more than happy to acknowledge and take feedback ... if you know me at all from our time here - then hoepfully you should know that ... however i just got flamed without any enquiry as to what my intentions were... or any polite ???? BB?? kinda stuff...

well, make your own mind up .... beleive what you will ... as for your birthday ..that was just meant as a harmless suprise present ...in the best manner and with the best intentions

i know dear lotsy ( to a degree of course) and (barring the personal attacks ) kinda agree with her ...but she never gave me the chance to explain that .... *shrugs*

... jumping doen someone's throat so strongly without even asking the question, did suprise me ... you all know i am impulsive .... but to do that seems a tad harsh to my mind ...

for myself i never really argued or took it personally ... she is mainly right to some degree ..barring the persnal motives she ascribed to me ..but heh that's lotsy ..god love her!

i just think you all may have given me more than 30 mins or whatever - or talked to me to explain what exactly my aim is ...

i would be, at the very least the last one to want to disrespect or use other's work ... but i do want to do continue my characters ...

... it seems to me not a tad odd not to give a chap a decent breathing space without pre-concieved angry ideas before jumping down his throat ...

* i shall shrug again now ... *

BBx

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-21-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #552
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thank you, King Valandil. Very, very cool of you; many thanks.