Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-23-2002, 07:04 PM   #1
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

The quest for Aragorns heir.

Okay, this is a new rpg, and I don't think it should start until at least 3 people have joined.
The basic plot is, Aragorn's dead, Frodo and all the other fellowship members are either dead or in the Grey Havens, except for Gandalf, who knowing that Arwen now is ailing, needs to find a new king for Gondor.
There is a prophecy to finding him: He shall be where a company finds him, a group of Elves, hobbits, dwarves and men. (can be altered if one of those is not present, also needs a Gandalf) He shall be fair and loyal to all he calls friend. A scar upon his hand, shall show the blood pact in which Aragorn gave him.

Everything else is, changeable.
What ever you yourself want to be go ahead, evil characters? great, I really don't care.
(I can't find a template so I am winging it)

Mirkwood Elf (accompanied Gandalf on the trip from the grey havens)
Female: Name- Aeryn
description: tall, slender, brown/blue.
WoC (weapon of choice): bow and arrow/ also a light elvish sword.
Attitude: Considered impulsive by other elves, being so 'young'. A planner, thinks ahead, but can get a little too carried away with details. Fun loving, and yet cynical. Yes a box of contradictions.

Opening Scene: In the bar room at bree. late at night (stormy weather)

Many of the locals notice a shadowy figure in the corner, but don't pay much mind. In the past, as they know, there have been strange folk abroad.
When the figure comes out of the shadows to motion for Butterbur, they are amazed to see a She-Elf.
~~~In the corner~~~
Aeryn notices a few astonished glances come her way, but pay no mind.
"Butterbur," she speaks soflty,"You wouldn't know of anyone who would...like an adventure around these parts, now would you?" she smiles winningly at the old man, whose face was full of doubt and suspiscion. (sp).

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: Freddy Burrows
Go to "Characters" to see my description of him
ic: I saw the elf talking to Old Butterbur. He was getting hard of hearing though and she had to repeat herself. I heard her this time.
"An adventure you say? I'm game for an adventure."
Maybe I was a bit to eager, but I soo wanted to see more then just Bree and Hobbiton. Butterbur looked confused.
"I think you have had enough ale for tonight Freddy. You are not yet come of age." I couldn't help but laugh inwardly. "I said ADVENTURE!" Butterbur understood this time. "O adventure. Why didn't you say that in the first time?"
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:30 PM   #3
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Aeryn eyed the hobbit, measured him up. She smiles warmly.
"So, you are looking for adventure? And what exactly do you hope to find?" She said kindly. Freddy, as she presumed his name, was a happy looking fellow, brighy intelligent eyes. She liked intelligence.
She looked at Butterbur who seemed to have forgotten what he was doing, and stood in front of her, scratching his head.
"Thank you Barliman." She said abruptly. Nodding her head in an affirmative. And the fat man ambled away.
She again turned her gaze to the hobbit. "Well?"

Old 10-23-2002, 08:57 PM   #4
Fred Baggins

"Well, something besides what I have seen for 29 years. Mountains, rivers, and most of all danger." That is what I wanted right. Ever since I was a lad I had longed for danger like in Bilbo's storys. That wa what I wanted. 'O and of course, I hope to see Ents. You know like the ones in Merridocs and Perrigrins storys!"
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-23-2002, 09:10 PM   #5
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

"You remember alot for a hobbit of Bree, I was beginning to think that everyone here was like dear old Butterbur."
She pulls out a chair for the hobbit to sit. She fills him in about the search for a king of Gondor and the prophecy. "Gandalf left not long ago to scour the woods for other willing companions. He will be going to Rivendell where I was planning to meet him next. We, of course, may go on to Imladris in the morning, I still hold out hope for some other willing adventurer."
Aeryn cocked her head to the window, and sat motionless..she heard what sounded like a scream but...could it really have been?

Old 10-23-2002, 09:27 PM   #6
Fred Baggins

I sat down and introduced myself, makeing sure not to mention anything that needent be mentioned. She told me what the adventure was, and as I was pondering it there was a scream outside. I filled me with fear, what was it? I tried not to show my fear, after all what would an elven lady think of a hobbit who could not even handle strange events in his own town?
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-23-2002, 09:38 PM   #7
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

"Wargs." Aeryn whispered quietly, eyes dark. She looked at Fred who, was obviously trying to hide fear, but failed to quit shaking.
"Don't worry," she soothed, "I'll be back." She drew her long, thin sword, and took strides to leave the Inn.
As she stepped out into the cold and rainy night, she saw a hooded figure, walking quickly in the direction of the warg screams. She shadowed the stranger, who seemed oblvious to that fact. They travelled like this for sometime, until she spoke, "Why do you feel the need to protect Bree?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: Anyone jump on in, anytime,

Old 10-23-2002, 09:52 PM   #8
Fred Baggins

"Wargs" She said. I thought to myself "Of course it is only wargs. I must be nervous. How can I not know the scream of two of my best friends kind! What a fool I am." I soon calmed down knowing that if it were my friends they wouldn't have dared coming so close to Bree. As for the rest, I had no fear of them. They were all talk and no bite. Besides, Prisca was in the stable nearby, and if anything would happen...but now I talk to much.

OOC: The wargs being friends kinda ties in with WHO Freddy is.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-23-2002, 10:04 PM   #9
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

OOC: Ouch, okay, my mistake? no no no it was my charcters mistake, shes very er 'jump the gun!' yeah yeah...uh huh.

Aeryn saw with disgust that the person she was following was none other than Daran, A Rogue half-elf, an outcast of Rivendell, a waif.
D."I do not plan on protecting anything" he said almost lazily. "I know the creatures from around here, so does your companion." He smirked.
Aeryn hated when people smirked. She continued to stare at him stonily. Aeryn povited on her heal to go back to the Inn, but Daran grabbed her arm. He whispered in her ear."Ask him what he is." then he let her go.
Aeryn dusted herself off, disgusted, and paced back to the Inn. Intending to ask her little companion just that.

Old 10-23-2002, 10:31 PM   #10
Fred Baggins

OCC: why are you apoligizing?

She came in and asked who I was. And she hadn't even told me HER name yet! But I told her. Maybe not all the truth, but does she really need to know about the quest?
"I am Fredigar Burrows, an ordinary hobbit with a natural lust for adventure. That is all."
A lust for adventure, and a love for HER. But she only ignores me. Just because everyone else hates her, doesn't mean everyone does.
I wondered if the lady knew that I knew wargs. Probably not. not many knew that, or cared to know. After all I have no important title, what would they care. unimportant hobbits like myself can do things without many people thinking them queer. That is what i liked about my station.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-23-2002, 10:40 PM   #11
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

OOC: you did introduce yourself, everyone hates my charcter? I knew she was angsty but I didn't know it went that far?

Aeryn eyed the hobbit warily, What's he hiding, she thought.
"Why did ..." She struggled to bring herself to say it,"my friend say that you knew some of the...inhabitants of the wood?" She inobstrusively jerked her head towards the windows.

She watched the little hobbit, looking for signs of deception, She prided herself on being able to irradicate liars.

Old 10-23-2002, 10:49 PM   #12
Fred Baggins

occ: I don't hate your character.
ic: "The inhabit-? O you mean-? Well that is no secret. Yes I know Fred and Merry, the-the wargs. Good freinds of mine. actually... well I could go on and on about them, but they are on the good side, or Merry is anyway. I'm afraid Fred doesn't have a side, what with not REALLY being a warg and all."
I could see she was crafty. I musn't let on that I know to much. That is all right though. She may be good at detecting lies, but I am even better at hiding them. Besides I was under a oath anyway. Never tell anyone they said, and for good reason. "I know two wargs, and the rest are nothing to be worried about, for they are weak."

Occ: Comon this is fun, are we going to be the only ones doing this RP or is someone else going to join?
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 10-24-2002 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:19 PM   #13
Fred Baggins

I could tell that my pony needed food, so I went outside to the stables to feed him.

ooc: I am opening it to any otheres who wanna join, to come join!
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-24-2002, 07:36 PM   #14
mirial
Enting

OOC: Okay, I'll be Mirial! (hmmm wonder where I got that...)
-Spy for the rising Saruman(although I (me) is from Rohan)-
-26-
-5'7-(' means feet right?)
-Blonde, blue- (urgh another blonde-blue yeah)
-Sword-

Never done this before!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
IC:
Watches the little hobbit feeding his pony, very pretty pony she thought to herself. She edged forward through the bushes not making a sound. Should she interigate the little one? Saruman was hoping,of course, to take over Gondor...could the hobbit and the elven maiden hinder his wishes?

Sleep, my baby, on my bosom,
Warm and cozy, it will prove,
Round thee mother’s arms are folding,
In her heart a mother’s love.
There shall no one come to harm thee,
Naught shall ever break thy rest;
Sleep, my darling babe, in quiet,
Sleep on mother’s gentle breast.

Sleep serenely, baby, slumber,
Lovely baby, gently sleep;
Tell me wherefore art thou smiling,
Smiling sweetly in thy sleep?
Do the angels smile in heaven
When thy happy smile they see?
Dost thou on them smile while slumb’ring
On my bosom peacefully.
mirial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 07:51 PM   #15
Fred Baggins

occ:Pony descrip:
Brown, with a silver glint in places. Tall, not really pony size.
Welcome Mirial! Glad to have ya!
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-24-2002, 08:14 PM   #16
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Sighs inwardly as she sits in her room, wondering exactly how to go about getting to Imladris. It takes days yes, but it is much quicker with a light load, and a fast horse. Then again, what was the rush anyway? Imladris wasn't going to get up and walk away now was it?
Aeryn really wished to take it easy, she hadn't seen middle earth since she was but a child. It was quite interesting, and all the old tales of the creatures and peoples really had sparked her interest.
She began to wonder where Freddy had gone.

Old 10-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #17
Fred Baggins

I was feeding Prisca when, my pony, my best friend. He understood me. I began to talk to him as I often do, telling him what was happening, but not out loud of course, ion his head, that was the only way he could respond. Then I pulled him out and he bent down and I climed on, I ride bareback, and Took him around Bree, to excersize him before I went back in. Then when we got back to the stables I cooled him down and put him back in the stall. "Well Prisca I have to go back in now, I will be out in the morning." I turned to go back.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-24-2002, 08:43 PM   #18
mirial
Enting

When the hobbit came back, Mirial decided she should introduce herself, get information. She stepped out of the bushes, and putting her most charming face on (she considered herself VERY charming, and everyone of course agreed) nad said in the sweetest voice possible. "Oh fair hobbit, where are you going?"

Sleep, my baby, on my bosom,
Warm and cozy, it will prove,
Round thee mother’s arms are folding,
In her heart a mother’s love.
There shall no one come to harm thee,
Naught shall ever break thy rest;
Sleep, my darling babe, in quiet,
Sleep on mother’s gentle breast.

Sleep serenely, baby, slumber,
Lovely baby, gently sleep;
Tell me wherefore art thou smiling,
Smiling sweetly in thy sleep?
Do the angels smile in heaven
When thy happy smile they see?
Dost thou on them smile while slumb’ring
On my bosom peacefully.
mirial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:35 PM   #19
Fred Baggins

Fair hobbit? Well that was a first, no one calls a Burrows "Fair". Must be out of town...I think, but i decided to play dumb...or normal for how a Burrows should appear.
"Back to the Inn, to meet a friend"
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 10-24-2002, 09:38 PM   #20
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Aeryn found herself drifting off to sleep. So to keep awake she went back to the smokey din downstairs.
"I wonder what Freddy's up to." She whispers to no one imparticular.