Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2002, 05:16 PM   #61
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Nariel smiled at the Elf. "Naturally I will accompany you." She tried hard not to laugh, so she changed the subject. "Your accent is interesting. Do you originate in Rhovanion?"

When she recieved no reply, she simply followed the two.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 07:33 PM   #62
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Malathor

When Malathor stepped through the door into the hallway he was prepared to deal swiftly with the snoop. It was a dark time in the world. Saruman's betrayal, Nazgul where abroad, Sauron about to unleash the fury of Mordor upon middle-earth, Orcs and Trolls multuplying, Dol Guldor strong again, Southrons and Easterlings massing on the border.s.. He fully intended to rid the world of one more shadow.

However, when he saw the face of the Elf he was momentarily dumbstruck.

She looked just like....

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:54 PM   #63
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

When beldaryn again mentioned the nazgul, Nabinel's usually hopeful, peace-filled face momentarily turned fell and dark. "I pray you, good sir, to refrain from naming that terror here." She paused, smiled, and continued, " For that fear is too close for me. I come from Minas Tirith. My brothers and father are guardians of the gate against the forces of Mordor. They have been lucky thus far, and no intruders come near, but we all know that it is a matter of weeks before..." Again, a pause. She could not bring herself to speak of the doom of Gondor. But then she spoke in half a whisper;
"The nazgul fly over my city on their winged steeds...they chill the hearts of the people of Minas Tirith with their cries. They are awful. And if these barrow-wights inflict such terror on the innocent people here, I will do anything in my small power to rid the land of them."
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 10:08 AM   #64
Legolas
Elven Warrior

When the spy - elf turned to walk to the meeting room, Hawair has for the first time a good ability to examine the face. Strangely, it looked very familiar. What is more, Hawair noticed Malathor's confusion when he saw the elf. However, Hawair's mind was fogged a bit, mostly due to the recent happenings, especially death of Aramil. So, Hawair could not remember anything exact about the spy.
-Your accent is interesting. Do you originate in Rhovanion? - the spy asked. Hawair didn't answer, because he was deep in his mind. When he finally noticed that question, he didn't want to answer. "It will be good not to tell him... or her... much about myself", Hawair thought.
When passing through Malathor, Hawair quickly asked him in the Silvan dialect:
- Do you know the spy? You seem confused.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:12 PM   #65
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

OOC: Malathor, I think you need to know that at this point my gender is unknown to anyone (which is why Legolas said he or she). That'll be revealed later, I think.

BIC: Nariel kept the innocent smile on her face. She watched the others converse and hoped their confusion would work to her advantage.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 01-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #66
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
OOC: Malathor, I think you need to know that at this point my gender is unknown to anyone (which is why Legolas said he or she). That'll be revealed later, I think.

OOC: I can fix this up now. I guess I have to assume that you are a vocal mimic too

IC: Malathor blocked the entrance door. He asked the snoop to stand several feet away from him. He gauged the distance based on the Elf's height and what might be concealed beneath their cloak.

He asked Hawair to stand behind the snoop at the same distance that he was in front of them.

He also added, in the colloquial language" Just like level 2 back home"

Hawair would know that meant to draw his bow and if the snoop made any quick move. He was to riddle the spy with arrows.

Malathor had done the same with his own bow.

The three stood there unmoving. Malathor let the gravity of the situation sink in to the point where it became almost palatable. An very tangible sense that all three could feel.

It didn't matter how skilled this lurker was they would be dead if if the situation turned bad.

Malathor waited a little longer to let the realization sink in before he spoke.

Speaking to Hawair, " Many years ago there was rumor of a wild Elf that haunted the woods. Thranduil was curious to who this mysterious Elf may have been. He sent out search parties to ascertain who this Elf was. However, none could catch them.
Then one day I was out alone and I glimpsed a figure. I got as close as I could before I asked them stop in the name of Thrandruil.

As soon as I said that the wild Elf bolted. I chased that blasted elf all over Mirkwood it seemed. I couldn't catch them but they couldn't eldue me either. However, in our little game of run and pursuit we ran into a small band of Orc's. Well in that moment, we stopped being pursuer and pursee, and became Elves. We fought together. And I most say that wild Elf was deadly. We quickly finished off the Orcs;there wheren't that many of them.

I went to shake the wild Elf's hand but as I approached they kicked up earth and stuff in my face and when I blinked they kicked me in the stomach. I fell over backwards and they got away.

However, I will never forget that cloak, that broach, that well made bow... or," he continued after a long pause looking at the snoop's cloak as if he could see through it. " two well made daggers"

Now speaking to the snoop,

"Now I will kindly ask you to SLOWLY remove your cloak. You have unlawfully entered my friend's room and attempted to eavesdrop upon our conversation. These are dark times and the servants of shadow multiply. So, please comply or..."

Malathor let sentence trail off for there was no need to finish it. All three Elves knew what the outcome would be if the spy did not comply.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-26-2002, 11:24 PM   #67
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

Christon ascended the stairs on the way to his room. He saw a group facing one poor little elf. Determined to be of help, he leaped between them
Littledude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 02:56 AM   #68
Lysander
Sapling

Lysander, although somewhat distracted by trying to hear what is happening in the next room, speaks up:

"I suggest that you refrain from discussing things you know nothing about. Myself, I know only that such evils are better left unuttered.

"But come," he said, taking a seat and gesturing for the others to do likewise, " Let us turn to lighter matters. If we are to be travelling companions, as it appears, I feel we should know at least each others' names. I am called Lysander."
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 03:42 AM   #69
delchrys
Hobbit

beldaryn addressed lysander.
"i believe i am called beldaryn." he paused, considering. "the reason i ask about such things is that i do not know what the words mean. i know they are not good, but, aside from that, i do not remember anything about myself, really."
delchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:01 AM   #70
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Malathor grunted to himself.

Dwarves had to be the noisiest creatures in Arda. And one of the stunted runts was clamouring up the stairs. Knowing that Dwarves tended to be fast acting and slow thinking Malathor knew that things could get fairly messy very quick.

He simply said, " Hawair." However it was spoken in a manner that fully conveyed the idea for Hawair to deal with the Dwarf.

Still keeping his fully drawn bow at the wild Elf, Malathor kicked on the door with the heel of his foot to get the attention of those inside.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-27-2002, 09:16 AM   #71
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Hawair was ready to deal with any threat from any side. When he heard a dwarf climbing upstairs, he thought to himself: "Problems. Problems the dwarves are and problems will they remain"
That dwarf was apparently trying to be kind and nice. He maybe thought that the spy-elf was a good guy, so he tried to deal with Hawair and Malathor. He tried to leap between Malathr and the spy, but Hawair was quicker. Hawair kicked the dwarf, slightly. The kick was enough to throw the dwarf down to his feet.
Hawair looked at the dwarf. He was conscious. Hawair told him:
- Excuse me, good sir. May I help you to stand up? - it was clear that the dwarf didn't understand being kicked.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:47 PM   #72
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

Uggggg Bloody Hmgggggg. What was that for he asked the elf? Who are you and why did you kick me?
Old 01-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #73
delchrys
Hobbit

as the activity began to turn to chaos, beldaryn's tight control of his mind and the voices within slipped ever so slightly, and he began to speak words in a language as ancient as the elves. a language that felt familiar to him, yet was as unknown as nazgul.

some of the others seemed to recognize at least the type of language he was uttering, but before any of them could respond, he had finished speaking, and, to everyone's surprise, a brief, bright blue burst of light exploded over the group's heads.

beldaryn stood, wavering unsteadily, as he realized that what had just happened had been HIS doing. he still knew not how, but his companions had reactions of their own...
Old 01-27-2002, 06:30 PM   #74
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Feraway let a little yelp and sprang to her feet, backing away some out of shock. Her eyes were quite wide and little blue circles danced in her vision due to the sudden flash of the bright light. "What was that!?" She said stareing at the man. She had been thouroughly spooked by what had just happened.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:37 PM   #75
Littledude87
Hobbit

Gimli

Before anyone could reply, A bright light flashed. Christon couldn't see anything, and he grunted when something crashed into him, Knocking him down hard
Old 01-27-2002, 06:56 PM   #76
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

LittleDude87> Go read the Into the barrows thread.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #77
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Nibenel ducked from the blue light,averting her eyes from its brightness, and in the next motion, lept out the door to see who (if anyone) had caused the incident. Seeing the dwarf, and a strange elf, she asked, "What sort of magic is this? Who caused the light?" She was including the whole assembly in her question.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)

Last edited by Renille : 01-27-2002 at 11:06 PM.
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 11:11 PM   #78
delchrys
Hobbit

beldaryn answered, "it was me. it had to be. i think. i...i keep hearing voices in my head, speaking strange words i don't understand...everyone was arguing, threatening each other...so much chaos, i just...i guess i just let the words come out of my head through my mouth."
Old 01-27-2002, 11:30 PM   #79
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Nariel bit her lip to keep from smiling. The blue flash had, if just for a moment, taken the attention from her. The other Elf had turned to see the cause of the spark, then turned back to her, bow still bent. But that moment had been enough. No on ewas looking at her, so she was given time to take her daggers and hide them in her quiver and untuck her tunic from her belt. It hung very loose, for she did not wish to reveal herself quite yet. Then she removed her cloak slowly and held it in her hand.

"I apologize for the disappointment I have caused you, my lord, but I am not, never have been, and never will be a servant of the shadow of which you speak."

She turned to the elf, who was lying on the ground still She offered him a hand. "I thank you for your attemt at assistance, my height-deprived friend. However, I am sure that this group means me no harm. Perhaps it would be best if you were on your way. The things that will be discussed here are best left as they are."

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 01-28-2002, 07:41 AM   #80
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Malathor heard the one called beldaryn start to chant. Although Malathor himself was no mage, being only 119 he was considered too you to start training in the craft, he knew the spell or at least had an idea what was coming.

He squinted as the flash came but never took his eyes off the wild elf.

When she removed her cloak Malathor noted that she was stunning even by elven standards. Most mortals would not have read the look in his eye, save for maybe a dunedain. But, he
Quote:
knew
she had caught it and he silently cursed himself. He knew that could be trouble.

He also failed miseriably to suppress a smile. He didn't know if he should feel insulted or bemused. Maybe she had been away from Elven kind for too long.

He cleared his throat and nodded towards her quiver were she had tried to clandestinely canceal her daggers.

'Dern Helm"