Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2002, 07:05 PM   #41
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Nabinel knew who the witch-king was. But she could only imagine how horrible these wraiths were. She looked up and said, "I, too,will go to the downs. I can guide anyone anywhere, even in the darkest night. But first, we must put this poor man's body to rest and try to find out who his family is, that they may know of his death."
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:58 PM   #42
delchrys
Hobbit

<speaking to those who have announced their intention to embark on a perilous mission to eliminate these wights>

beldaryn addressed the group, "i have a room here. i would recommend that we retire there to speak of this situation. we could each take our rest in separate rooms, if rest is what is desired, and then depart in the morning." he looked about the group, wondering what he was getting himself involved with.

beldaryn walked in the general direction of his room.

"well, shall we go?"
delchrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:33 PM   #43
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Finally the owner, someone Malathor now attached the name Barilman too came forward. He was in a dither about what to do.

A Hobbit servant named Nob explained what had happened to Bariman. After a moment or two Barliman seemed to collect his wits.
He stood and spoke " I'll handle the body here. Those of you who are thinking of going to stop this thing go ahead to the room and I'll have Nob here take care of you. Can't have Wights and all ruining the business and all."

Malathor relieved that the body was being taken care of sighed, looked at the others and followed the Man to his room.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:07 AM   #44
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Grabbing her cloak off her chair, Faraway too, followed the Man. She stopped breifly as she was passing Barliman "Um, Mr Butterbur, Leaf is still out beside the door. This 'meeting' may take a bit, and I know you dont like dogs in the Inn much. So if you could possibly check on him in a bit, I would be very appreciative." "I spose" was his response. Faraway thanked him and continued on her way.
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:07 AM   #45
Lysander
Sapling

Lysander too followed the Man, grimly casting his gaze over all those who would convene in his room. The elves, if they came, would be welcome company; but this greying man held secrets, and should be watched carefully. With final resolution he stepped into the room and steeled himself for the quest to come...
Lysander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 02:05 PM   #46
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Hawair arose from the chair, deeply sighed, looking at the dead body, and followed the rest of the group upstairs.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:10 PM   #47
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Nariel looked up and saw the group leaving and heading upstairs. She had been listening to their conversation (though they may have whispered), and found it fascinating. So, when they were gone, she followed silently up the stairs and went into a neiboring room, pressing her ears agains the dividing wall.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 04:20 PM   #48
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

OOC

Nariel can you check the other thread please. Thanks.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-17-2002, 11:30 PM   #49
delchrys
Hobbit

OOC--room upstairs is fine, though hotwings may want to make a call on whether or not nariel is noticed by anyone (roll dice or smthng?). i'm fine either way, but in case hotwings doesn't post for a while, i'll act as though either condition could be true, since i'd rather this thread/game continue in any event rather than stall out:

<IF NARIEL IS NOTICED-->once arriving in beldaryn's room, the newfound companions took positions that ended up being basically circular.
beldaryn kneeled and spread the map in the center of the group.
one of the elves cocked his head ever so slightly.
"what do you hear?" beldaryn asked.
The elf responded in breath that was nearly inaudible, "someone stealthy has followed us, and is now in that room" he pointed, through the wall.
Wondering if maybe he wasn't the ONLY one hearing voices, beldaryn strained to hear, but nothing came to his ears. "I don't hear anything," he said, whispering just in case...

<IF NARIEL IS NOT NOTICED-->once arriving in beldaryn's room, the newfound companions took positions that ended up being basically circular.
beldaryn kneeled and spread the map in the center of the group.
"let us tell each other what we know of this area," he began, "but, if i might ask, what exactly ARE these 'wights'?"...
Old 01-17-2002, 11:33 PM   #50
Renille

Nabinel quickly picked up her supplies and followed everyone else into the room. Before she left, she made sure Mr. Butterbur was making arrangements for the body. He was a good man...but very forgetful.
Late though she was, she slipped into the room upstairs.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:27 PM   #51
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

IF NARIEL IS NOT SEEN

With a quick glance at those in room, Malathor spoke of what he knew,
"About 1000 years ago, the evil kingdom of Angmar was over thrown. However, it seems the Witch-king sent spirits to inhabit the bodies of those in the burial mounds as a parting shot."

"Can anyone else add to that information?

IF NARIEL IS SEEN

Malathor gestures to the others to keep talking.

Then he turns to Hawair. Using the hand language that he and Hawair knew from their Border patrol days against Dol Guldor, he signaled that someone was in the adjacent room.

'Dern Helm"

Old 01-20-2002, 05:18 AM   #52
Legolas
Elven Warrior

IF NARIEL IS NOTICED

Hawair answered to Malathor, using his hand language: "That room nearby is mine. I will go and check". He ordered others to keep talking, stood up, and left the room as silently as he could.

When leaving the meeting room, Hawair heard a door crackling. He went out to the coridor, just in time to see a tall, dark dressed figure with a Silvan bow leaving Hawair's room.

- Excuse me, but what were you doing there, in that room? - Hawair asked.
- That's not your problem, - was the reply.
- You are right, it's not my problem. But YOU, you just recieved a problem. It was my room, and I would really appreciate hearing what can another person, another ELF, do in my room. Would you go with me and meet my companions? - Hawair asked in a soft voice, which meant that he was furious.

IF NARIEL IS NOT NOTICED

Hawair started speaking:
- My friend Ranger told me about the Barrows. He said that the wights are now much more active than they were a few years before. He said that this most probably was because of Frodo and his companions travelling through the Barrows.
But anyway, I have another idea in mind. No matter who these wights are, they are apparently strong. So, we should get a watch - point to spy them along. I think Tom Bombadil wouldn't be offended if we try to visit him. And also ask him about the wights. What do you think about that?

OOC: could Hot_Wings post sooner and tell if Nariel was noticed? It's getting hard to follow two different lines of plot.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:54 AM   #53
Hot_Wings
Sapling

She was noticed.
Hot_Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 04:22 AM   #54
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Malathor hearing the manner in which Hawair spoke, he knew that his countryman was not pleased.

He told the others that there might be some trouble brewing.

He swiftly left the room to assist Hawair with the "curious" Elf.

'Dern Helm"

Last edited by afro-elf : 01-22-2002 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:58 PM   #55
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Two elves had left the room to check the one beside wich the group was gathered. They would no doubt easily deal with whoever was listening fromt he next room. Feraway, even though her hearing, keener than that of the men, had not heard anything. The eavesdropper had been very light of foot...another elf was her guess. She would have heard it if it had been a man, as loud as men were.

Her thoughts turned back to the conversation at hand.The barrows, the barrows wights themselves, and how to rid the land of them were the most important thing to be thinking of right now.
Old 01-23-2002, 02:03 AM   #56
delchrys
Hobbit

much of the group disappeared from beldaryn's room in search of the identity of the strange shadow the group had acquired. he looked to Feraway and spoke. "What do you know of wights?" he asked her, seeking to solve some small piece of the puzzle that was his mind...
Old 01-23-2002, 01:49 PM   #57
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Feraway thought a moment, then sighed. "Very little i'm afraid. Probably less than what most here already know. My little knowledge of them comes from old stories heard in childhood. I know that they are dark spirits and I know they dwell in the barrows, awaiting whatever poor creature that should wander in. And they are not especially fond of sunlight. But that is all I know."
Old 01-23-2002, 10:49 PM   #58
Renille

Nabinel reached into the memory of her many travels, especially the ones that she had experienced most recently. But her search for wight-information was in vain. "You know more than I do,then," She said to Feraway. "I have seen the edge of the Old Forest,but never yet ventured inside. It looked an evil place and old."
Old 01-24-2002, 01:09 AM   #59
delchrys
Hobbit

beldaryn spoke, "wights, they are filthy things, the very word sickens the heart, like...like 'nazgul,' yes?" he paused, considering their reactions, hoping to learn something to bring his lost memories to him....
Old 01-24-2002, 04:36 PM   #60
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

OOC

Everyone please check the other thread.

Thanks.

'Dern Helm"