Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #41
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar glanced over at Revion, and noted how adamantly his tone had been. "I thought," said Raenambar, "that it was your desire to stay here, in Lorien, and train under the Galadrim. Are you certain that you want to follow me?"
Revion nodded eagerly.
"Beware, young elf," Celeborn said, "You know not to what perils our Raenambar my fly; not even I can guess his path."
"I know not where I shall go, myself," Raenambar confessed, "I wish that perhaps I could find more clues to my past. Is there none other, my La-..., Galadriel, that could aid me in doing so?"
"I have warned you often, Raenambar," said Galadriel, "the risk you take in seeking your past. I have often counseled you against against it, but if your desire is unbreakable, then I would send you west, to the home of Elrond Halfelven, in Rivendell."
"Rivendell," murmered Raenambar, "'twould be a difficult trek around the Misty Mountains, but where else shall I go? Very well, I've decided. I shall go to Elrond in Rivendell, and shall leave as soon as possible, though tonight it may be difficult."
"You should take your time, Raenambar," Celeborn said, "and go prepared, for that is wiser. I would counsel you not to leave for at least three days, and in that time I shall provide for you copies of maps that show the easiest roads to Rivendell."
"Thank you, Lord Celeborn," Raenambar said with a bow, "I shall not forget your kindness, nor that of the Lady. I shall miss you both."
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #42
Pip
Elven Warrior

It was true that Revion had come to Lorien to seek companionship and help fight, and had eagerly trained under the Galadrim. however, the young elf never stayed in one place for too long (at least for an elf) and Reanambar had been his dearest friend since he arrived. He added "as will tI" after his friend had finished speaking, his mind made up.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #43
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"There," the Lady said, "it is done. Raenambar, thank you for trusting me. Revion, your honesty and your devotion to friendship is truly endearing. Despite what Raenambar fears, I believe that Lorien shall be a little colder after you have gone."
"Thank you, my Lady," said Raenambar with a bow. Revion followed his example.
"Take care in your preparations," Lord Celeborn said with a kind smile, "It tends to be the overlooked thing that's most wanted in times of trouble. Also, I shall soon be sending message of your "exile" to you through my own guards. You'll know what to do when you get it. Thank you for your support."
"Until we meet again on the far shores of Valinor," Raenambar said with dreadful reluctance, only then realizing how greatly he would miss Lothlorien.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #44
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion simply stood behind Raenambar in support as the conversation ended. He had only been in Lorien for a short while and was sad to be leaving it. But he understood that Raenambar would feel the pain of parting from it all the more.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #45
orithil
Captain Jack

the armys of sauron began rolling great war machines onto the banks and cutting them loose causing great destruction.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #46
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

While Raenambar and Revion prepared for their journey, Eruanna and Jiana arrived in Lothloren.
"I leave you here, Jiana. Perhaps we will meet again." Without waiting for the Rider to respond, Eruanna turned her horse and rode off.

In the Old Forest, the young Hobbit Merry came across one of the walking trees he has heard about. But instead of being startled, he is a bit curious about the creature.

Just outside of the Shire, Anfal was watching over the Shire. He was joined by another Ranger.
"Good to see you again, Elnar"
"Likewise, Anfal"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:28 AM   #47
orithil
Captain Jack

"lord sauron has lost patience" dirith hissed as he directed his troops in the middle of a battle.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #48
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana sat for a moment at the edge of the forest, undecided. Finally, she began riding along the edge, thinking. Why she was here, she didn't know. What she neede to be doing, she didn't know either! Suldal galloped along, rocking gently in a rhythimic motion.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:07 PM   #49
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Galloping, the elf made her way to Gondor

Acalewia she heard a voice speaking to her. Take care. Gondor is in the midst of battle. Take care Nothing more. Acalewia knew excatly who had given her the warning. She urged her horse into a run.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #50
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Oak Leaf looked down at the Hobbit (Merry) and blinked her big amber eyes. Her crown of shiny leaves shaded him. Everything about the Oak bespoke gentleness. Slowly she approached. She didn't want the Hobbit to react negatively like the couple at the water mill had.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:12 AM   #51
orithil
Captain Jack

"fire!"dirith hissed as a ton of rocks landed on a group of unsuspecting gondorian troops.
"load the boats" dirith hissed again as the orcs and other motely troops began paddling across the water towards the gonderian battle lines.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:23 PM   #52
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Merry began to have doubts at the sight of the (as he saw it) massive tree slowly walking towards him. He began to regret having approached it when he first saw it.
"Anyone would do the same," thought he, "It's not like everyday one sees a tree WALKING about the forest, is it?"
Hoping that the creature would not be as terrible as his fears were, he swallowed and then piped aloud, "He-hello, I'm terribly sorry disturbing your, um... well whatever it is you were doing. I am sorry!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the far east under the great boughs of the Mallorn Trees, Raenambar and Revion climbed down the stairs that led from the Lady's house. Raenambar glanced at his young companion, who seemed resolute with his decision. His heart was gladdened at the knowledge that Revion would be traveling with him. At least he would not have to face the mountains alone. That would have been suicide. At last he turned to his friend and asked, "Well, when do you want to leave? Should we take the advice of Celeborn and wait a few days? Or should we leave as soon as his guards bring us knews of our 'exile'?"

(OOC I am sorry that I moved Revion out of the Lady's house, I am only trying to help move the story along, but I have no problem if anyone wishes it to be otherwise; Acalewia, you can change this if you like)
Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #53
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The Hourness rustled her shiny leaves and gave a soft creak. Her big rather deer-like eyes blinked. "Hobbit, no disturb Oak Leaf," The Oak creaked. "Will you take me to house of Brandy Buck? I know old Brandy Buck Hobbit. He make sweet tasting draughts". Then her ear branches drooped a little. "Mean Hobbit chase me away with metal thing".

Just call me Oakie
Old 10-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #54
orithil
Captain Jack

"weak mined fools" said dirith as his fowl beast smashed over a biulding and the rubble fell down and crushed some orcs and gondorians that were fighting.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #55
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Y-you want to go to Brandy Hall?" asked Merry, half shaken, half relieved at the walking tree's request. "I can take you there. I am Meriadoc, uh, Merry, for short if you like. My father is Saradoc, who is in charge of Brandy Hall."
He didn't know what else to say, and thus he kept silent in anicipation of Oak Leaf's response.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:17 PM   #56
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The Huorn's branches relaxed making her look softer. "Saradoc--He make tasty draughts for Oak. Yes take me to Saradoc". The Oak's foliage was looking fluffier. Her thick limb in the back was starting to swish, giving her a generally happy aspect.

Just call me Oakie
Old 10-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #57
orithil
Captain Jack

"the fall of gondor is at hand."
more and more orcs piled onto the edge of osgiliath but were beaten back by arrows the gondorians could not hold on for long as there ranks were failing due to the share number of orcs.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #58
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Alright," said Merry with a wavering grin. He was indeed much happier at the way things had turned out, but he was beginning to wander how he was to get Oak Leaf into Buckland without stirring up half the Shire. It wasn't exactly secret that the moving trees in the Old Forrest had once attacked Buckland, but Merry was pretty convinced that Oak Leaf was harmless. He turned and started to lead, but twice he looked back to see if Oak Leaf was actually following. It didn't help that he also was curious to see how she walked.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #59
Pip
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor
(OOC I am sorry that I moved Revion out of the Lady's house, I am only trying to help move the story along, but I have no problem if anyone wishes it to be otherwise; Acalewia, you can change this if you like)
OOC: I'm fine with it. Sorry I haven't replied yet, I stopped getting e-mails about the thread for some reason.

IC: Revion shrugged slightly in reply to Raenambar's question before saying,
"Well, as commited I am to leaving, I wold not mind staying for a few more days. But then again, in my experience, when one is exiled, there's not much room for discussion. I would council that we get ready to leave as soon as possible in case we do have to leave suddenly. But, either way, Lord Celeborn said that we would know what to do when "news" came to us."
Old 10-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #60
Huorn
Elven Warrior

The Huorn crept half scrabbled along on her roots. She didn't have legs so to speak. So her gait was very smooth. It created the impression of her crown of shiny leaves floating along like some strange twinkling cloud. She left no mark upon the ground she passed over.

Oak Leaf's big gentle deer eyes were on the lookout for Hobbits flinging fruit or potatos at her. The Oak had become rather timid because of the abuse she had recieved at the hands of misunderstanding folk.

Just call me Oakie