Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

War of the Ring

The Shadow of Mordor was lengthening. Men and Elves could feel it deep within themselves. The Shadow that had lain still was stirring.

Anfal looked out over the Shire, the home of creatures called Hobbits. He had been placed in charge of protecting the peaceful beings by Gandalf the Grey and Aragorn, the chief of the Dunedain himself. The halflings were preparing for what seemed like a very large party. The Ranger smiled to himself.

In the Old Forest, a tree was stirring. Now this wasn't an ordinary tree, it was an Oak that called herself Oak Leaf. Oak Leaf was a Huron that had somehow made her way to the Old Forest at the edge of the Shire and had befriended several of the Brandybucks.

In Bree, a young man was begining his journey.
"Do you have everything you need, Master Elnar?" Elnar smiled at Old Barliman Butterbur.
"Yes, Barliman. I do. Thanks for the help"
"Any time"

In Lorien, a mysterious man searches for any memory of his past. Raenambar, a seemingly young man is befriended by Revion, an elf skilled in combat and herb-lore to make any healer in the Houses of Healing proud.

Jiana, a young peasent of the Westfold, dreams of fighting along side the Riders.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

The Huorn was sneezing, causing her elongated acorns to litter the ground beneath her shade. Oh, she hated it when those little spiders tried to build their webs in her nose! With a finger, she decided to check her ear vents. Her finger was too fat to go all the way in and her twigs were all leafy. They would never do. She looked at the forest floor. There was a stick! She plucked it up and used it to clean the webs and gunk from her ears. To her surprise a mouse jumped from her left ear and skittered down her bark.

Oak Leaf, one by one, worked each of her roots free from the soft soil. She wiggled her roots, causing the dirt clods to crumble off them. Then her ear branches twitched as she listened for the nearest water source. She heard water falling someplace. She followed the sound to a little stream and a water wheel. The water flowing into the buckets on the wheel made it turn, empying the buckets again into the stream. Oak Leaf scrabbled, half waddled on her roots to the stream. She stared in fascination at the water wheel. It was attached to the side of a grassy hill with a round green door on it. After staring for a few minutes, Oak Leaf decided to try and put her ears under those empying water buckets. What a better way to wash out the spider webs and mouse gunk.

Suddenly a plump Hobbetess emerged from her smial, and lo what should she see, but an Oak with amber deer eyes! It was holding its head under the water wheel. She squealed and disappeared back into her smial.

Oak Leaf thought better of lingering around the water wheel. She started to lumber off when two Hobbits emerged brandishing pots and pans. "Back into the Old Forest with ye!" The husband shouted. Oak Leaf slipped into a line of Chestnuts. She started to make her way to the Brandybuck place. At least she would not be assaulted with pots and pans there.

Just call me Oakie

Last edited by Huorn : 08-07-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
orithil
Captain Jack

the ring wrait dirith scoured the sky on his fell beast looking for the ring.

(I'm not to sure about this post but if it is ok let me know and um what do ring wraiths usally do with there time

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

Last edited by orithil : 08-16-2006 at 04:01 AM.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana sat astride her horse, looking across the plains. She felt that some great adventure was approaching her, but she didn't know when or where. Beneath her, her steel-grey stallion danced impatiently. "Hush, Suldal." she murmured, her grey eyes never leaving the landscape. With sudden determination, she decided to ride West, towards Bree. She turned Suldal's head, and took off in a gallop.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
orithil
Captain Jack

Dirith spied a young peasent girl on her horse and began to take chase the fell beast swooped down to try and knock jiana off her horse for dirith sensed a great danger in this one.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana had her sword out in an instant, while urging Suldal on to greater speeds. Fear clutched at her heart as she rode hard, yet there were no dwellings for miles.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
orithil
Captain Jack

"The girl must perishssss" he hissed, jiana was keeping the fell beast back with her sword, "stop herrr" he hissed again the fell beast began to fly faster trying to rip jiana to shreads with his razor shrap talons.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #8
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Suldal, spurred on by fear and the smell of the fell beast, ran like he had never run before. Jiana crouched low in the saddle, sword drawn, praying that the fell beast could be outrun.

[oh crap.. ..]
Old 08-20-2006, 04:51 AM   #9
orithil
Captain Jack

Nazgul

The fell beast swung its head and kocked jiana off her horse then dirith said "you should be honoured to die at the hands of a nazgul" dirith began advancing on her. "you can have her remains" hissed dirith to the fell beast.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #10
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Before Dirith could advance farther, the fell beast screamed. Dirith turned to see an arrow in the creature's neck and a figure on horseback.
"Do not come between a nazul and its prey!" he hissed.
"Find your prey elsewhere!" the figure advanced nocking an arrow. Dirith laughed.
"No man can kill me!"
"I am not of the Race of Men. Back to the Shadow, Nazul!"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:08 AM   #11
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana leapt to her feet, drawing her sword and threatening the nazgul. "I am not a man either!" **i know, this rings of LOTR, but bear with me** Jiana advanced upon the nazgul, ready to attack him.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:04 AM   #12
orithil
Captain Jack

Nazgul

"I have know fear your weapons cannot hurt me" dirith laughed and lunged towards the figure on horse back the horse reared up and fled at the sight of the nazgul throwing the woman off the her horse the nazgul lunged foward and stabbed at the women with his morgul blade........

Old 08-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**is he attacking Jiana or Acally's charrie?**
Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #14
JTB
Enting

A deep rumbling sound penetrated all taht was going on. Jiana stood still, the Nazgul hissed, and the fields of the plains rumbled. A mighty black figure strode down from the top of the mountain peaks of Emyn Muel. (sp.)
A wizard draped in silver webs and a silver cloak with a black rod came into view. he actually laughed at the sight below him. "My Nazgul friend, please, really. Take this person out instead of mocking her. It really is amusing to see what pitifulness *Nazgul* can bear.

Dirith snarled and her drew out his mace. 'I'm not afraid of you, old man, and I'm sure no one else will be after I break you!" he cried. (sorry, had to control him there for a second)

Drimincoul snorted. "You wish, hah!" he cried. Immediately, Shelob the Great roared over his head and onto the plains, waiting for her master to confront the Nazgul...
Old 08-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #15
orithil
Captain Jack

"I will be back you fool but you will regret the day you confronted a nazgul......" and with that he dissapeared into a cloud of black smoke.

Last edited by orithil : 08-22-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #16
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

**wow, so is this wizard going to attack me again? *sigh* **
Old 08-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #17
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

It was late in the evening, and the sun was setting with its final rays warming the back of Raenambar as he sat far out on a branch of one of the massive mallorn trees of Caras-Galadhon. He came there often when he had need to think or clear his ever-troubled mind. This day he did not bother himself with the spirit world, for something weighed heavily upon his concious that evening.
His thoughts were for the Lady Galadriel, and for the silent chaos he alone had ignited in the peaceful tree city. He knew that her subjects were continuosly growing bolder in their view against her judgement, though she had acted justly towards he and his friend, Revion. He knew that he had placed a burden upon her by his continued stay in Lorien, and her not-so-recent acceptance of Revion into their fair realm; for her subjects had no trust for him. In fact, many despised or feared the mysterious Raenambar, and Revion's friendship with him helped the young Elf very little.
Thus Raenambar was pressed onto this choice: should he remain in Lorien, and risk the peaceful rule of Galadriel, who, until the coming of Revion to the Wood, had been his only friend? Or should he take it upon himself to set things right, and go into self-imposed exile from this place which had now for sixty years of Men been his home? He knew the answer, but feared the consequences.
He gazed down into the city, where with his Elfin sight could see Revion far off in the darkening shade of the trees as his young friend tested himself with one of the trainers of the city's guard. Raenambar sighed as he stood and began the long descent to the city floor. His thoughts were not on the miriad of suspicious eyes that watched him from hidden flets in the city; no, they were on how he would say good-bye to his friend.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #18
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion ducked, dogged and defelcted blows as he worked on knife-work with one of the sentries of the Golden Wood. Although his main weapon of choice was the quarter staff that he carried with him everywhere, he was still efficient enough with the dagger he possessed, years of living on his own, wandering in the wild had done this. However, a few seconds later he realized that he was still not as good as he hoped to be when he found himself with a knife pressed against his neck as his opponent outmaneuvered him. After realizeing his position he lowered his weapon in defeat and the elf he was training with released him.
"Better," the elf told him, "Work on keeping you defenses up and you won't be so quickly bested. You may go now."
Revion noded in reply with a small youthful smill on his face and ran off in search of his friend Raenambar. He had not gone far when he saw Raenambar coming owards him on the path and his small smile widened.
"Raenambar!" he shouted in a greeting and quickley closed the distance between them. He grew concerned as he saw the solemn look on Raenambar's face. "Are you alright?" he asked the senior elf.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 AM   #19
orithil
Captain Jack

"you let a wizard defeat you" said the witch king "master i had no choice"
said dirith "and why did you have no choice" the witch king hissed "he had shelob under his control master" replied dirith "himmm i see well then let us hunt this wizard he will not escape me as easily as he did you" said the witch king "yes master" hissed dirith "I want you to lead an army and attack rohan use whatever resources available you will have to supply your own troops tho i will send some orcs" hissed the witch king dirith went to leave but then the witch king said "dirith do not fail me i need a long enough diversion in that time i have some important Business to attend to" and with that the witch king departed leaving dirith to prepare his army.

that ok

Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #20
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Jiana turned to the elf standing there, and said, "Thank you for your intervention. My name is Jiana."

Last edited by Jiana_the_Strong : 08-29-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Jiana_the_Strong is offline   Reply With Quote