Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #41
Huorn
Elven Warrior

But it is still god moding. Maybe you should ask the permission of the character's player first. If it had been my character you had done that to, I would have been annoyed.

Then again, in that post it isn't too terribly clear which character is the main player character. NPC's used to fillout the scene usually are OK for others to use.

I made a post in the thread entitled How These RPG's work that might be helpful for all to read.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #42
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entwife_Oak
This is getting completely confusing.

I have to say I agree with Entwife_Oak, this is getting very confusing. Perhaps we should take a moment to reorganize. As far as I know, Dirith is preparing an assault on Lorien, while Jiana is headed there and Drimincoul has vanished. I don't wan't to appear rude or judgemental and I hope that I am not out of place in saying these things, but you do know, Jiana, that you left Acalewia's character (which I presume is Elnar) in the dust, right? I know there has been some wait in getting this started, but let us try not to make it over-chaotic by trying to move too quickly. I still wish to continue this RPG and hope that it will be a success, but in order to do that we must try not to make it so hectic and disorganized.

By the way, thank you, Acalewia, for your complement. I don't wish to try and take control of the RPG, so I hope that everyone who reads this will see it as merely a fellow player voicing his opinions. Pip and I have spent some time getting to know one another's characters and setting up the history of their friendship, so if anyone gets concerned about him god-moding with Raenambar, I say that he knows the character well enough to take control of him in certain areas such as the continuation of conversations amongst he and Revion, or in simple motions or gestures. I think this will help the RPG run smoother if the people who wish for ZERO control of their characters to be shared would say so now, and if those who are willing to share their characters in such instances would also announce it.

Last edited by Tuinor : 08-28-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #43
Huorn
Elven Warrior

I am one of those who does not wish for anyone but myself to control chracter that I create. That way the storyline of Oak Leaf does not get modified in any way.

Acally, I will second Tuinor. Thank you for starting this RPG. RPG's do take a lot of work to run.

Just call me Oakie
Old 08-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #44
Pip
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entwife_Oak
But it is still god moding. Maybe you should ask the permission of the character's player first. If it had been my character you had done that to, I would have been annoyed.

Then again, in that post it isn't too terribly clear which character is the main player character. NPC's used to fillout the scene usually are OK for others to use.

I made a post in the thread entitled How These RPG's work that might be helpful for all to read.
The reason I did that is because no one is playing that Lorien elf (at least not that I'm aware of), so there's not really anyone to ask permission of. Sorry if I did something wrong though.

Uh, what's NPC mean?

BTW, in response to Tuinor's suggestion, if at all possible I'd like it if no one played my character majorly, small things to help a post run smooth or fine but nothing big.
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping/Will Jesus come again and leave us slumbering where we lay/America, will we go down in history/As the nation with no room for it's King/Will we be sleeping?

Last edited by Pip : 08-28-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:10 AM   #45
orithil
Captain Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip
The reason I did that is because no one is playing that Lorien elf (at least not that I'm aware of), so there's not really anyone to ask permission of. Sorry if I did something wrong though.

Uh, what's NPC mean?

BTW, in response to Tuinor's suggestion, if at all possible I'd like it if no one played my character majorly, small things to help a post run smooth or fine but nothing big.
Npc means non playable character

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #46
Pip
Elven Warrior

oh ok, thank you
America, what will we miss while we are sleeping/Will Jesus come again and leave us slumbering where we lay/America, will we go down in history/As the nation with no room for it's King/Will we be sleeping?
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #47
Jiana_the_Strong
Hobbit

Whoops! I sure didn't mean to leave Elnar behind.......Gosh, this really can be confusing! Ok, I'd like it if my character is only played by me, cuz it is annoying when I get control by someone else. I went back and changed my last post, so I didn't leave Acally's charrie behind.

Last edited by Jiana_the_Strong : 08-29-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Jiana_the_Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #48
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

What happened to my last post here
No biggie.
Just so you know that was Acalewia not Elnar.
I'll go with Tuinor. If it farthers the story, use them (my characters) as long as you stay within the rules

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #49
Acalewia

Correct me if I'm wrong, But is Lothlorien protected in the same way as Rivendell?

orthil, ease up on your warmongering.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 08-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #50
orithil
Captain Jack

I edited it sry i forgot completly about lothloriens elvish magic (curse it ) : but can i still attack edoras

Last edited by orithil : 08-30-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #51
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Hey, Orithil, I know you're thirsty for a fight, (aren't we all?) but I think we should remember that this is not quite the time for Sauron to show his full strength. Rather, it's in this time that he begins to test his forces against Osgiliath; and also things should be getting bleak in Dul-Guldor in preparation for the escape of Gollum: if you remember, eventually Aragorn captures him and takes him to Mirkwood where he later escapes, causing Legolas' pressence at the council of Elrond.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 AM   #52
orithil
Captain Jack

lol yeah ur right i can just make a post saying the witch king called me back to help in preperation for the the attack on osgiliath. Thanks guys for understanding my thirst for war lol.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM   #53
Huorn
Elven Warrior

I will give the persons playing some of the members of the Fellowship a chance to post since that is where Oak Leaf is headed. Is anyone playing Merry? Oak Leaf is headed in his general direction.

Just call me Oakie
Old 08-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #54
Acalewia

I don't think anyone is playing members of the Fellowship. Yet.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #55
orithil
Captain Jack

have u posted somthin in the casting calls.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #56
orithil
Captain Jack

can i start an attack on osgiliath even though knowones playing borromier or is this faramiers time???

Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #57
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

According to the books, Boromir is at this time in charge of the deffense of Osgiliath. The attack from Mordor, however, causes him to pull back his forces to the western side of the city and destroy the bridge that leads across the river, effectively halting Mordor's advance. But, like I said earlier, this is only a test from Sauron.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #58
orithil
Captain Jack

great!!

Old 09-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #59
Huorn
Elven Warrior

I am pretty much dead in the water until we get more people for the fellowship side of the house.

It still me, Oakie BTW. I got rid of the old account with the obsolete name and got a new one.

Just call me Oakie
Old 09-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #60
orithil
Captain Jack

so wat happens now. I cant really attack till i have members of the fellowship in the game.

Last edited by orithil : 09-06-2006 at 03:47 AM.