Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #61
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

hey acalwecia, Bergil was Beregond's son, but, the way you did it, it makes sense too, so i think its all good
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #62
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

And there's always the possibility of duplicate names.
BTW, you don't think Curmaar's acting...wimpy, do you?
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #63
rohirrim TR

well he did let a little shrimpy dwarf capture him, but at least he's not whining like anakin
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #64
rohirrim TR

hey do you think i should bring gimli in? i had an idea where he could show up and save hluors life
Quote:
Old 10-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #65
Curubethion

Strider

Go right ahead...you'll have to make up a reason for him to be away from the Glittering Caves, though. Although then you could tie him into "Mithrilstone", the Moria RPG.
Man, has it been interesting debating evolution. Last night I was like posting almost simultaneously in two threads! (Wipes sweat off of keyboard)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #66
rohirrim TR

Cool,
good job last night, its fun to argue with those guys sometimes, but i haven't had the time lately
Quote:
Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 PM   #67
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
hey acalwecia, Bergil was Beregond's son, but, the way you did it, it makes sense too, so i think its all good
I never said anything about Bergil

Anyway, perhaps the Dwarf can help Curmaar with the things he had to do I like the idea of Gimli joining in. Sounds great!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #68
rohirrim TR

I know you didn't mention Bergil, I did, But elgost being Beregonds son makes more sense because Elgost's death was more recent, and like Curub said there could be duplicate names which is good for me cause i don't speak elvish or anything so making up names is harder for me
Quote:
Old 10-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #69
Curubethion

Strider

Hey, you like totally stole that dwarf's name for Gimli's friend! Oh well. I was actually thinking about something with the dwarf stealing a certain something from Curmaar.
Ok, celebration time...
ELF LORD!!!!

Last edited by Curubethion : 10-07-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #70
rohirrim TR

welcome to the club my elf lord comrade

and i didn't steal the dwarfs name...well not really, their brothers, nakoin and makoin, similar to fili and kili same names one letter difference,
Quote:
Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #71
Curubethion

Strider

Thank you Quick response on the new title, too.
About Makoin and Nakoin...it never crossed my mind that they were brothers...I feel like an Idiot (no pun intended )
Old 10-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #72
rohirrim TR

well thats ok, I hadn't written that part in yet, but i think it'll connect everything pretty well
Quote:
Old 10-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #73
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

BTW, mighty elf lord Curubethion , who's oldest, Colomir or Curamir? Great posts guys!

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #74
Curubethion

Strider

I think the way I've intended it, Colomir. Curamir's going to be the younger one, somewhat less experienced and more headstrong. That's why he volunteered to warn Faramir in Osgiliath in the beginning.
BTW...is anyone guessing at Nahor's plan? Also, who do you think Morluin may be? (i've got a distinct idea)

Last edited by Curubethion : 10-10-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #75
rohirrim TR

so... how do ya'll think we should get all of our dwarves together? since some are in bree and some in Gondor, do they all have a rendesvous at the moria thread BTW good posts guys and how is Nahor related to the southrons? I thought that he stole the stone first and left the cloak because he hates rangers and then went south, what did you have in mind curub?
Quote:
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 PM   #76
Curubethion

Strider

Nahor didn't steal the stone; otherwise he wouldn't be looking for it. I think that it made its way to some rangers (explaining the cloak), and then it was taken by Southrons who killed the stone-bearer, possibly on the Pelennor Fields, when everything was all confused. Nahor thought that the rangers were ancient guardians of the stone, and that's what caused the strange change in him. He thought he had discovered "the truth". Maybe he went south to find the Stone.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #77
rohirrim TR

is morluin a corrupted blue istari?
Quote:
Old 10-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #78
Curubethion

Strider

Ka-Ching!
BTW rTR, Hluor, Gimli, and Makoin just tried to rescue three dead rangers. I thought that that was evident that they were dead...

Last edited by Curubethion : 10-12-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:24 PM   #79
rohirrim TR

they were? its sounded like they were going to die...oh...ohh oops i'll edit it sorry
Quote:
Old 10-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #80
rohirrim TR

oh and one more thing, how are we going to kill this wizard? do you think radagast could help out?
Quote: