Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #21
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Man, I'm gonna be looking at the whole crowd, wondering, "which one's the Mooter?" (I've got the CD-it's awesome. "Lonely Nation" and "Politicians" are really good...I digress)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:16 AM   #22
Curubethion

Strider

Btw...when this is over is anyone interested in a Moria RPG?
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 09-15-2005, 02:22 PM   #23
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curubethion
Btw...when this is over is anyone interested in a Moria RPG?
sounds good to me, is it set in the 2nd age or the 4th?
P.S
can't wait until saturday
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #24
Curubethion

Strider

Probably 4th age...oh, and about Shadow...isn't Faramir at Henneth Annun? The guys in the RPG said they wanted to warn him at Osgiliath...Just thought I'd let you know.
P.S. Me neither!!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #25
rohirrim TR

i'll have to go back and look but i thought that everyone left henneth annun and went back to Osgiliath.
4th age sounds cool then we could bring legolas and gimli
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:33 PM   #26
Curubethion

Legolas ?
Actually, then we could do him right (none of this Orlando stuff...okay, maybe some of that knife-fighting)
Old 09-16-2005, 10:49 PM   #27
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Legolas ?
Actually, then we could do him right (none of this Orlando stuff...okay, maybe some of that knife-fighting)
thats what i mean, he definetely can not be blond
Quote:
Old 09-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #28
Curubethion

Strider

Hey, in the RPG...isn't "be at peace, son of Gondor" what Aragorn said in FOTR (movie)? Pretty cool.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #29
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Hey, in the RPG...isn't "be at peace, son of Gondor" what Aragorn said in FOTR (movie)? Pretty cool.
yeah i shamelessly stole that one, oh well sue me
Quote:
Old 09-16-2005, 10:56 PM   #30
Curubethion

Strider

Hey, where's Acalewia? She can probably be up and about now...against doctor's orders, but...
Do you get the little bit about the mithrilstone?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:13 PM   #31
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Hey, where's Acalewia? She can probably be up and about now...against doctor's orders, but...
Do you get the little bit about the mithrilstone?
it sounded to me that the mitrilstone is sort of magical weapon maybe, i was thinking maybe the dwarves made it long ago and want it to retake moria that way we could tie in the next rpg with this one, but thats just a thought, maybe faramir knows what it is.
Quote:
Old 09-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #32
Curubethion

Strider

Good idea about the dwarf connection. I never thought of that. I'm actually going to make the mithrilstone a plot device...it's going to pull stuff together.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #33
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Hey guys. Sry bout being gone so long. Works a *****

Of course, Acalewia never listens to doctors anyway

Moria RPG sounds great. I'm in.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:34 PM   #34
Curubethion

Strider

Good to see you back! We'll start the Moria RPG when this winds down...and when Calling all Nazgul is ending (I love being sneaky ). Does anyone need me to type up the history of the mithrilstone? Otherwise, I'll work it in the plot.
P.S. When I start the Moria RPG, I won't make a game thread, only a discussion thread. Once we set it all up, have enough players etc., I'll start the game thread. OK?

Last edited by Curubethion : 09-19-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 PM   #35
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Does anyone need me to type up the history of the mithrilstone? Otherwise, I'll work it in the plot.
I think it would be better to work it into the plot, IMO

Quote:
P.S. When I start the Moria RPG, I won't make a game thread, only a discussion thread. Once we set it all up, have enough players etc., I'll start the game thread. OK?
Sounds good to me

btw, I post when I get a chance. It might be sunday before I post again. Full-time sux, you know.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 09-20-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #36
rohirrim TR

sounds good to me, BTW good to see your still here Acalwecia I know how work goes sometimes
Quote:
Old 09-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #37
Curubethion

Strider

I'm too lazy to get a job...
Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #38
rohirrim TR

i'm pretty lazy myself, but i can't afford to not work
Quote:
Old 09-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #39
Curubethion

Strider

Hehe...I'm still in high school
That was a nice analogy in Shadow...light being extinguished...
Old 09-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #40
rohirrim TR

i'm in high school too, but i gotta buy gas
I like the way the mithril stone is taking shape you're making it sound powerful sorta like the ring, only i got a question do you just hold the stone to use it? or is it on a chain around his neck or something?
Quote: