Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2003, 02:50 PM   #1
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Strider The Hobbit Movie

i can't believe they might be making it!!!!! now someone please correct me if they're not before.... well before something!!!

even if it's not being made, any ideas about which actors to play which parts??????

of course ian mckellen would have to return as gandalf, and ian holm would have to be bilbo......
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
I thought PJ said somewhere he didnt plan on doing the Hobbit? Maybe I'm thinking of the Silmirillion. (sp?)
Old 05-01-2003, 04:48 PM   #3
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

i think he said that he wanted to make it, if only somebody would back him up...... ie. newline
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 05-01-2003, 05:31 PM   #4
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

You must be refering to this, which is just a fantasy...

Quote:
If fans can't get enough of the old wizard, neither can McKellen, who refuses to accept that the part ends with the trilogy's final installment. He has a grand idea for the prequel: "I want to play Gandalf again, in The Hobbit. I've asked Peter Jackson if he'll produce the prequel as a huge, yearlong television series. All those different strands to the story seem perfect for TV, and we'd do every scene of it. It could be marvelous."
http://www.time.com/time/europe/maga...427995,00.html
Old 05-01-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

If McKellen is going to be Gandalf and Ian Holm Bilbo, I'd like to see them make the Hobbit. It would be worth it just to see the awesome part where Gandalf is about to jump off the tree and Gwaihir saves him! Yay! Gandalf lives!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:29 PM   #6
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Yeah, too bad the Lord of the Eagles wasn't in TTT (carrying Gandalf to Lothlorien), then he could be in all 4 films!
Old 05-02-2003, 09:27 PM   #7
Fion
Hobbit

It was McKellens idea to make the Hobbit movie, and he asked PJ if he would direct it, because it was so fun playing Gandalf, he wented to do it agien.

Fion

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a massage...

"When evening in the shire was grey / his footsteps on the hill were heard / before the dawn he went away / on journey long without a word."
Fion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:12 AM   #8
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

i wanna be in that movie.... if they make it....
Old 05-03-2003, 12:50 PM   #9
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i cant imagine where they would get that many people they need to be dwarves. john rhys davies said it was horrible with all that make up
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 01:17 PM   #10
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
i wanna be in that movie.... if they make it....
I have this 'secret' plot to escape to New Zealand somehow, show up on Peter Jackson's doorstep, and beg him to let me be in the extended version of ROTK. He'll be so scared he'll have no choice but to say yes! Mwahahaha...

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 05-03-2003, 07:51 PM   #11
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I'm just dying to see the Battle of Five Armies. But If any elves of Lorien show up I'm killing PJ.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:58 AM   #12
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
I have this 'secret' plot to escape to New Zealand somehow, show up on Peter Jackson's doorstep, and beg him to let me be in the extended version of ROTK. He'll be so scared he'll have no choice but to say yes! Mwahahaha...
tehehehe sound like a good plan.... can i join you.... i'm the one who always has evil plans here.....
MWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-04-2003, 08:02 AM   #13
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

PJ doesn't want to do it in the nearer future. He wants to do King Kong first.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #14
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
tehehehe sound like a good plan.... can i join you.... i'm the one who always has evil plans here.....
MWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yay, evil laughter! Maybe we can get enough people and form an army! We can make Peter Jackson let us be one of the armies in the battle! Ahahahaha!

Old 05-04-2003, 10:18 AM   #15
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........... i like you..... your almost as evil as me..... go me.... wohoooooo.... come join the penguins Dreran.... become one with the evil and we shall form that army.... yes yes my precious.... we shall.....
Old 05-04-2003, 10:20 AM   #16
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

OK

Old 05-04-2003, 10:22 AM   #17
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

tehehehehe.... and we'll form a army against my mother.... she's giving me looks cos she's watching FoTR and i keep on speaking along to it......... MWHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-04-2003, 10:24 AM   #18
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Heeheeheehee....

When your mother gets to the part on the Bridge of Khazad Dum, Give Gandalf a shout for me

Old 05-04-2003, 10:28 AM   #19
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

will do.... if she hasn't taken the dvd off me for watching it too much LOL
and it's not my fault that i was inclined to get the script off the internet
Old 05-04-2003, 10:30 AM   #20
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Hehhehheh...I have the scripts to both movies One day when we were really hyper my sister and I split the parts in FotR and recorded our audio version. You can hear us punching each other in the background