Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2005, 02:07 AM   #41
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Around that time, my school will be ending and I will have a period of rest before college. So just as school ends, Star Wars and a few other treats come. It's a time I'm looking forward to .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #42
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

[/QUOTE]But I am more than a little curious how Mace Windu's last stand will be...[/QUOTE]

If you really want to know I can tell you because i read the book however if you would rather wait for the film i will maintain strict silence on the subject

[activates two lightsabers and expertly demolishes the finished book]
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #43
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I can't wait to see Padmé die, to see Anakin turn to the Dark Side, to see all of these climactic events unfold. I also hope that Episode 3 will be rated PG-13. I've been hearing rumors that it will be rated PG-13, but nothing much more solid then rumors, and I have a great distrust for rumors. Only if the word comes from a very official source will I trust it, because I've had bad experiences with rumors in the past. I do hope Episode 3 will be PG-13, though.
Well in England it is a 12A which i think is the same as an American PG-13.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #44
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

It's been officially rated here, now, as PG-13. Happily, this particular rumor was on-target .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 04-30-2005, 04:14 AM   #45
emily leonard
Enting

i think that its good that its a 12a but. its anoying beacuse like a couple of years ago there was just u pg 12 15 18 so everyone got exsited when they became 12 but you dont get that any more
emily leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #46
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
Quote:
But I am more than a little curious how Mace Windu's last stand will be...
If you really want to know I can tell you because i read the book however if you would rather wait for the film i will maintain strict silence on the subject

[activates two lightsabers and expertly demolishes the finished book]
Thanks for the offer, but no. I'll wait for the movie.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:08 PM   #47
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

All of us will, with great pleasure and anticipation . Unfortunately, the people at my fencing academy were not all that sympathetic with the extremities of passion I am currently undergoing, regarding this final installment in George Lucas' series. They were fairly interested, but not fully. Criticism is a sad thing.

When I watch movies, I like to just enjoy all of them that I can, and those parts that I don't appreciate, ignore. That's my recent style. So hearing criticisms or making them is a sad thing.

In preparation for this movie, I'm watching the prequels (as I expect many of you are). I was extremely interested in "The Phantom Menace" a week or two ago, so I watched it and enjoyed it enormously. Now I'm on "Attack of the Clones," and am hoping to watch it tomorrow. I'll be watching them both again with my parents, to my great delight.

What do you all think of the previews?

Old 05-02-2005, 09:22 PM   #48
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
I think boba fet kills mace window...

Just think...

Mace:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Mace: Ack!
Elf lord
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #49
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
I think boba fet kills mace window...

Just think...

Mace:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Mace: Ack!

Except Boba would only be around age 13 at the point of Episode III, a child bounty hunter against one of the most powerful Jedi Masters... I don't think Boba could kill Mace. Not to mention we know for fact how Mace gets killed...

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #50
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbarad of the Dunedain
Except Boba would only be around age 13 at the point of Episode III, a child bounty hunter against one of the most powerful Jedi Masters... I don't think Boba could kill Mace. Not to mention we know for fact how Mace gets killed...
You do? How?
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #51
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
We know is not an accurate way of saying it. You may know, of course, because of the books . Though frankly I still have a great deal of difficulty believing that the book is released before the movie.

We (or at least I) want absolutely no book spoilers, thanks . I am keeping my mind as clear of information regarding Episode 3 as possible, and I yearn for its coming with all my heart .

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 05-05-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #52
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I finally got tickets! I waited 'til 1am and then the local cinema's online store opened slots for May 18th Philippine/Hong Kong Time (GMT+8). I think this will be much more fun for me than Ep. II since I'll be going with the local Star Wars group.

12 Days til the Old Republic meets its....er...um....whatever!!!

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 05-06-2005 at 09:42 PM. Reason: grammar issues. i was thinking faster than i was typing.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #53
azalea
Long lost mooter

I got mine today. I opted for the first daytime showing rather than the midnight one.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #54
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

We'll be seeing the film the day after it comes out.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:24 AM   #55
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

And I'm going to wait until at least a week after the premiere and possibly then watch it in a late night viewing. It's looks like I'll be doing me old routine again: staying away from this forum as soon as the movie goes in world premiere until I've seen it too.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #56
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Apperantly there's going to be an opera scene. They have Jazz bands, why not Opera?
Really, I'm not kidding.
Anyone know that George Lucas will play an imperial officer?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #57
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
And I'm going to wait until at least a week after the premiere and possibly then watch it in a late night viewing. It's looks like I'll be doing me old routine again: staying away from this forum as soon as the movie goes in world premiere until I've seen it too.
Good plan, because I intend to give SPOILERS!!!!!

EDIT:
Well, maybe we can make two threads side by side, one with and one without spoilers.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 05-11-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:08 AM   #58
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
I was gonna follow that up with a stupic joke, but I can't think of any other movies where Samuel L. Jackson dies.

I actually though Boba would do it too after all the clones wore him down.

This movie should be great. I just made one post speculating about the emperor, and now I'm so excited! I didn't even realize at first how much there is to unveil in this episode. And it's all the coolest stuff! Damn that it had to come out on a day as random as Thursday. I have to see one SW movie on opening day, but I have to sneak out.

I can't wait to see the loyalist fans from the 70's react to this one. Lucas' whole reputation is on the line, so I hope he's finally recognized the potential of Star Wars and how people want to see it.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #59
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

I slept 6-7 days in queue for this movie, it better be good. The trailer is promising. Been a SW-fan since around the mid-90's, but didn't much like the two last movies.

I love the guy who plays the Emperor. Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?
Old 05-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #60
MrBishop
Elven Warrior

Been waiting a while, but I'm not going to kill myself over it. Frankly, I saw the first one on the first day (12:05am showing)...and it was crowded and loud...I missed lines, and didn't like it much. Maybe I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but I actually want to enjoy the movie more than expend all my energy waiting in line.
MrBishop is offline   Reply With Quote