Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

deleted scens from Revenge of the Sith (spoilers)

I have the screenplay to Revenge of the Sith, and it has most of the scenes that were eventually left out of the movie.

I'll try to post them here.

This is the diologue and scene descriptions that would have been in the movie.

here is the Qui-Gon Jinn scene:

On the isolated asteroid of Polis Massa. YODA meditates.
Yoda: Failed to stop the Sith Lord, I have. Still much to learn, there is...
Qui-Gon: (V.O.) Patience. You will have time. I did not. When I became one with the Force I made a great discovery. With my training, you will be able to merge with the Force at will. Your physical self will fade away, but you will still retain your conciousness. You will become more powerful than any Sith.
Yoda: Eternal consciousness.
Qui-gon: (V.O.) The ability to defy oblivion can be achieved, but only for oneself. It was accomplished by a Shaman ofthe Whills. It is a state acquired through compassion, not greed.
Yoda: ......to become one with the Force, and influence still have...A power greater than all, it is.
Qui-Gon: (V.O.) You will learn to let go of everything. No attachment, no thought of self. No physical self.
Yoda: A great Jedi Master, you have become, Qui-Gon Jinn. Your apprentice I gratefully become.
YODA thinks about this for a minute, then BAIL ORGANA enters the room and breaks his meditation
Bail Organa: Excuse me, Master Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi has made contact.

*will post more later, if anyone is interested*

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

How crdible is this information!? You say you have a screen play of Revenge of the Sith, how would you have attained a copy of that? Also, even if it is in the "screenplay" it may not have ever been filmed, so... were these shots ever filmed... or probably CG created?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #3
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Very cool. Maybe it was cut out because Liam Neeson was unavailable? or too expensive?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
HOBBIT

it is official. I would guess that these scenes were shot, just cut later on when Lucas was editing.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 05-23-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

I don't mean to sound skeptical, but what do you mean by official? Do you mean that George Lucas used what you have to write his notes on and whatnot?

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:26 PM   #6
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I was able to get a copy of that as well.

I guess that would explain how both Yoda and Obi Wan faded away. Regarding Vader, I read a theory somewhere that he did not need to train from Quigon to achieve this since he was closer to the Force than anyone else. He was, after all, concieved by the Force; and that he finally realized that he needed to let go to achieve immortality after his conversation with Luke before he died. Mystifying, this Force concept is...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
HOBBIT

Quote:
Episode III—The one and only official screenplay, available exclusively in e–book format, including scenes that won’t appear in the movie!

Even before the release of the most eagerly awaited Star Wars® movie of all time on the theater screen…here’s your chance to experience the action on your own computer screen!

Straight from the set, this is the complete, final screenplay written by George Lucas, as brought to life before the cameras by a stellar cast of performers and an unparalleled team of special effects wizards.

Enjoy a rare and fascinating director’s–eye–view of all the action, all the legendary characters, and each of the exotic worlds from science fiction cinema’s greatest saga, as it comes full circle. And thanks to the full color images from the final cut of the movie itself, you’ll be able to visualize the adventure as it unfolded throughout the shooting of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

For the total Star Wars fan and filmmaking enthusiast alike, this extraordinary e–book is an essential part of the Star Wars experience.
You can get it on many different sites, including amazon.com

It is a computer file, that is being sold for about $4.99.

It is really interesting to see the 'Final' screenplay - still many alterations made for the final cut.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 PM   #8
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Hm, does anyone know if George is going to do like Peter and make an extended edition to this movie? He hasn't to the others...but this one could have been sooooo much longer and I think that that would have made it soooo much better. If he isn't, then do you know if these scenes will be in the deleted scenes section of the dvd when it comes out?
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote