Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2000, 12:54 PM   #1
anduin

amsterdam

Hullo all.....today I am leaving for Amsterdam until July 2. I am going to try to get online while I'm over there, so you might see me.

I have an extreme fear of flying, so I am not looking forward to the flight. I also feel like I will probably never return, which would be a bummer because (besides the obvious), I won't ever get to see the LOTR movies or EP2 or 3. I know this all sounds so depressing, but to me it is a plausible reality. If anyone else here is a fraid to fly, you know what I am talking about.

In the event that I don't return, I hope that someone (probably IP) will give me a proper wake. And Tater, you better pray for my soul. Ben, it's been fun, and I thank you for the opportunity to be an admin at your fine board. Elanor (when she returns) I hope you had a great summer and met a lot of nice boys. Juntel, thanks for all of the late night chats on life, love, Microsoft, and religion. Greg and Jae, I hope that you both finish Hobbit and LOTR, and I am expecting you both to do so. Tarps, when you read the next JA book, remember me, and don't let Ben push you around. FM remember, the Kandinsky is painted on both sides, and make sure you have a drink of Maker's and Coke. TOR, find some nice requiem to play at the wake that I'm sure IP will have. Everyone else, have a great time at the board, and enjoy the movies.

See you all in Middle earth!
Old 06-22-2000, 02:39 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: amsterdam

Have fun!
Old 06-22-2000, 02:43 PM   #3
Ferr

Ah, you're coming to my country?? Have a pleasant time...Are you coming over for the European Championship Football? Mind you, England and Germany both had it, The Dutch national team just kicked the supposedly "World Champion" 's butt, defeating France 3-2. Yeah, I think we are gonne re-live 1988, the year Holland became the European Champion...July 3rd, millions of Orange fans in Amsterdam, so you might want to stay 1 day longer...
Old 06-22-2000, 02:49 PM   #4
bmilder

Uh, I think the primary reason she's going is for her honeymoon
Old 06-22-2000, 03:33 PM   #5
emilsson

Have a great time in Amsterdam.
Old 06-22-2000, 04:09 PM   #6
Fat middle

welcome to the old continent!

i hope you had time to refresh that scene of Pulp Fiction to be aware of the odd things you can find at this side of the pool... it can be a great shock for an american

Ferr: see you at the final
Old 06-22-2000, 04:11 PM   #7
thrawn96

Isn't Amsterdam where u can legally buy certain "goods" and "services", or am I thinking of Holland?
Old 06-22-2000, 04:51 PM   #8
noldo

Well, have fun in Amsterdam...
Old 06-22-2000, 06:12 PM   #9
bmilder

Um, I think Amsterdam is in Holland
Old 06-22-2000, 08:09 PM   #10
IronParrot

Aww... I missed the sendoff...

Oh well, I said goodbye over ICQ before she left...
Old 06-22-2000, 10:20 PM   #11
thrawn96

Oh. Then i should have told her to keep her eye on her husband. My health teacher said some of the "goods" and "services" stores are like Starbucks. Do Canadians do drugs? I'm not sure, but I think only the Canadian French people do.
Old 06-23-2000, 12:26 AM   #12
IronParrot

Kill him, juntel
Old 06-23-2000, 02:50 AM   #13
Quickbeam

Have a good time in Amsterdam!
I'll miss you very much!
Old 06-23-2000, 03:18 AM   #14
arynetrek

have a great time!

aryne *
Old 06-26-2000, 12:40 AM   #15
Spock1

..Amsterdam; that's the city that has "the red light district" where all the women sit in the windows teasing the passerby to come in and buy. It's located near to the railway station; perhaps for easy commute.
.....amazing the things us Vulcans know.......
Old 06-26-2000, 01:38 AM   #16
juntel

Ah! Missed the goodbyes too... sleeping too much (must be from the stuff we frenchies from quebec take, according to the little above... 24th of June was "our" 4th of July...)

anduin, you'll comeback, don't worry.

In what state? That's another matter...
Old 06-26-2000, 05:24 PM   #17
anduin

Hullo mellons!!! FM...A'dam has been quite a culture shock! Jet lag has been a nuisance, but things are finally looking up.

Mike is going to take over now...I must use the restroom.

hey, mike here. while anduin is on the toilet, i guess i'll give the guided tour of the rijksmuseum, amsterdam. good stuff here. lots of 15-19 century masters paintings from old dutch masters. good stuff if yo like old ladys in big dresses and funny hats or if you like boats or trees or windmills. really, though, great culture (more than from the states eh?).

Catch ya later!!

yes- thrawn, starbucks is a "coffehouse" in the states where you can get coffee, but in amsterdam the coffee is a bit more potent, and i wouldn't reccommend driving large machinery or anything for that matter (catch my meaning?)

OK anduin is back in da moot(house that is).

Hullo d00ds. Back from the WC.

Thrawn, I don't think that Entmoot is the appropriate place to discuss the finer points of A'dam's tolerant policies. I may be across the pond, but I am still in charge...J/k

Hullo, Spock....we are actually staying in the Red Light district...at the Bulldog. Very 'nice' ppl there....not!!!

Quickbeam...glad to see that you are still here. I haven't been to any other forums, but I hope that you are making yourself at home. Will see you when I get back.

Euro2000 has been fun to be "around". Our hotel is very noisy with football fans...can't blame them though!! Go Holland!!!
Old 06-26-2000, 05:36 PM   #18
noldo

Hey! Nice seeing you guys.

Cultural shock, eh? LOL!

HAve fun.
Old 06-27-2000, 02:52 AM   #19
juntel

"(more than from the states eh?)"

Now, now... why does mike speak like a canadiun?!
Or maybe it is cultural assimilation of americans by canadiuns?!!!

toooooo, loo-too-too, too-loo-too-too!
toooooo, loo-too-too, too-loo--too--too!
(remember MacKenzie brothers? Goo'day, eh!)
Old 06-27-2000, 05:02 AM   #20
Quickbeam

Actually, it was:

Bob: Alright, go.

Doug: Coooooo loo coo coo coo coo coo coooo.

Bob: Again.

Doug: Coooooo loo coo coo coo coo coo coooo.

Bob: Welcome to 'The Great White North'. I'm Bob MacKenzie, and this is my brother Doug.

Doug: How's it goin', eh?

And so on... GREAT bit!

ANDUIN!! Great to hear from you! I haven't been posting here a whole lot just because I was a bit depressed that you had bailed so suddenly, and might not return. Seeing your post, especially the words 'when I get back', brightened my day (or night actually, but it'll carry over until tomorrow). Hope you'll continue to have a WONDERFUL time!