Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I've never written any plays and I don't think it's something for me. I like ordinary writing much more, since you're not bound by the limits of budget or reality. Although I suppose it can be an interesting challenge.
I think that it's really something where you have to be involved with the whole picture. Most playwrights are also directors or assistants in putting on an initial production, often changing scenes on the fly as they actually see them in the rehearsal process.

It's definitely a symbiosis between writing and performance. A beautifully-written play can be a work of art if carried out by skilled actors, while it can be terrible if not, Shakespeare's work being some of the best examples.