Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Hunters of Dune and Dune prequels and sequels

I have definitely gotten some real enjoyment out of the pre- and post- Dune books by Brian Herbert and "the other fellow" (too lazy to go to the living room and get his name off the books).

Although not as baroque as his father's writings, I found these books to be very readable, and got a heck of a kick out of them. I didn't find them unnecessarily overdetailed, and the story moved along at a very good pace.

"Hunters of Dune" didn't let me down, and I am really interested in seeing how everything ties together in the upcoming release.

After it is out, I might try going back through the entire series, in chronological order. That would be an interesting literary trip.

[I searched the threads for the last year but didn't see these books on the topics lists]

What did you guys think of these books?
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote