Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #29
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Also, of course the whole religion thing made me just crack up! The idea that the MP flies around and plants little "religious" suggestions that the stupid natives fall for - actually, I don't know whether to laugh at the stupidity (IMO) of it, or be indignant at the condescencion and arrogance of it. And again, it's a selfish goal thing - do they care what happens to the natives? No, as long as a BG person is protected, so what? There's no sense of individual value. Everyone is cannon fodder to everyone else's goal.

Of course, the whole "planting religion" idea is so silly because it presupposed the existence of the thing that's being introduced. As Lewis says, (rough quote) - "it's like saying they did this ritual because they were afraid of dead men, without explaining why dead men, assuredly the least dangerous type of men, should be frightening."

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote