Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2002, 01:15 AM   #1
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Favourite teacher quotes.

Anybody collect funny or inspiring things that their teachers or profs/TAs have said?

I have some to share:

I think it's cold enough now. - a TA who was testing the temperature of a salt solution cooled in a dry ice bath by putting his finger in it (the solution, not the dry ice). This statement was followed up by - Oh my god! My finger is turning white. that was dumb!

What is psi? Psi is the square root of psi squared!. - The wave function explained oh-so-succintly.

My friend...(pause)...my former friend published a paper... - My virology prof.

To demonstrate this principle, I will give an example from my rash youth. I once tried to do 6 blind dates on a single weekend. For the first 2, I was perfectly charming (of course. ) For the next 2, I was frazzled. For the last 2, I was incoherent. - My immunology prof, trying to show how the nature of some immune responses depend on the amount of stimulation.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote